Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post

you are spot on with the Micro Hybrid switch. It is possible to turn it off/on as per drivers wish. I checked this feature and kind of liked it. But as my wife is a novice driver so I have switched it of for now.
how is this feature? does the AC switch off when the engine shuts down at signals?
if yes, doesnt it get too hot in the cabin?

@ ben: the front seats are pushed forward as can be seen in the pic below:
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550474.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 22nd April 2009 at 11:18.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:19   #47
BHPian

get rid of that baseball bat. it might land you into trouble someday.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:59   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Why? I thought it was a good security feature by itself. Have been searching for a good baseball bat in bangalore with no luck so far. Good + cheap.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great photos!

What are those digital numbers in the tachometer? Not sure if you have mentioned this earlier.

And yes, the "L" can be made a bit smaller!

Quote:
Maybe this is what is keeping him out of trouble.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
... Have been searching for a good baseball bat in bangalore with no luck so far. Good + cheap.
Same here. Do let me know if you do come across one.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 22nd April 2009 at 12:00.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:02   #50
BHPian

Congratulation Sudipta! Lady (as you call it) looks superb in white color and who says you are bad at photography....thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Nice! I like the black-grey combo interiors with the carbon fibre lookalike trim. Big step up from the erstwhile cheap looking wooden panels and beige interiors.
What's that baseball bat doing there? Protection purposes?

@RL: If I see a Scorpio bearing down on me with an "L" board, I'd run!!
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Why? I thought it was a good security feature by itself. Have been searching for a good baseball bat in bangalore with no luck so far. Good + cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Maybe this is what is keeping him out of trouble.

EDIT:

Same here. Do let me know if you do come across one.

yes its a good security feature if someone tries to carjack but imagine a road rage situation, if you wack someone with this bat then hes gone as well as you. such a thing happened a few days back in mumbai when a guy in his swift got angry on a b.e.s.t. bus driver, and fired 2-3 rounds from his pistol in the air, he was later traced and arrested.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:41   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yes its a good security feature if someone tries to carjack but imagine a road rage situation, if you wack someone with this bat then hes gone as well as you. such a thing happened a few days back in mumbai when a guy in his swift got angry on a b.e.s.t. bus driver, and fired 2-3 rounds from his pistol in the air, he was later traced and arrested.
I agree with you - however - this is only to be used as a self defence feature. It really depends on how mature the user is. Even a piece of cloth or rope can be dangerous in the hands of someone who intends to use it dangerously.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Nice! I like the black-grey combo interiors with the carbon fibre lookalike trim. Big step up from the erstwhile cheap looking wooden panels and beige interiors.
What's that baseball bat doing there? Protection purposes?

@RL: If I see a Scorpio bearing down on me with an "L" board, I'd run!!
Quote:
Quote:
I agree with you - however - this is only to be used as a self defence feature. It really depends on how mature the user is. Even a piece of cloth or rope can be dangerous in the hands of someone who intends to use it dangerously.

guys guys guys! he can be a baseball player too!
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:53   #55
BHPian

The baseball bat is just to give you a little self confidence, not against any use but just sheer mental strength and I do swing it to soft balls in the park at times with my friend.

I picked it up for 100 rupees and is made of wood (my friend also got 1 who drives in Hyderabad). I can get the store name tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Regarding the L board, I would prefer a big banner on the top of the car with glow signs if possible. Hyderabad trafic is notorious and folks actually take chances against the learners. They are a little better if you have on a scorpio but still I see folks looking in the L sign and cut in quickly which they probably won't do aginst a seasoned driver as they won't give that space. I can tell you when we had the L sign on my IKON, people used to ignore it like anything. My wife is learning much faster on the scorpio as the respect for this car is much more than the IKON.

@ Deepak: Thanks for your compliments.
Old 22nd April 2009, 21:22   #56
BHPian

@ Raj: when it stops automatically the ac goes off and only the blower works. For a short time this is OK but for a prolonged time this will become hot for sure given the Hyderabad temperatures.

@ Happy Wheels: That is what they call as tyretronics. It measeres the air pressure and temperature of the tyres including the fifth one. The technology behind is that they have a radio sensor behind the air intake valve within the tyre which sends the information to the ECU, inturn which relays this information.

This car came with a DVD with all these features explained in details. I really love the way this is done and would love to share it with anyone in this forumn. I will check out the size today and see if I can upload it somewhere.
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This car came with a DVD with all these features explained in details. I really love the way this is done and would love to share it with anyone in this forum. I will check out the size today and see if I can upload it somewhere.
hi buddy, i would not advise you to upload that DVD on the net as it contains crucial info about the scorpio like functions of its remote lock programming. if at all you are doing so, please go through the DVD again & make sure that there is nothing that can land us (scorpio owners) into trouble!!! i saw that DVD twice when my car was new, so i dont remember its exact contents, so kindly have a good look.
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:48   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Liked the pictures sudipta.Hope you are having sme nice hours of Scorpioing!
Quote:
@ Raj: when it stops automatically the ac goes off and only the blower works. For a short time this is OK but for a prolonged time this will become hot for sure given the Hyderabad temperatures.
And imagine the nagpur tempretures @ 46 today. I never stop the engine at traffic signals. At least during summer.

Quote:
@ Happy Wheels: That is what they call as tyretronics. It measeres the air pressure and temperature of the tyres including the fifth one. The technology behind is that they have a radio sensor behind the air intake valve within the tyre which sends the information to the ECU, inturn which relays this information.
Find the stepney air pressure checking to be a once in a bluemoon job.Its troublesome. The stepney has to be loosened by the unscrewing the nut and bolt, lowered and then the valve facing skywards is located and the 32psi pumped in!

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd April 2009 at 23:16. Reason: fixing quote issue
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:41   #59
BHPian

Congrats on your new car Sudipta.

What kind of accessories are you planning for white lady?
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:17   #60
BHPian

Thanks Car&Me, currently I have already paid for full front bull bar, scuff plates and floor mats. That is it for the time being.

I am thinking for a steering handle also...the round grab that can be used single handed to turn....but I would like to ask the forum on the usability and safety of the same and any feedback / suggestion on the same.

A few more pictures taken today morning with the front driver seat at the full back position and the second row also at the full back position. This should give you the total leg space available. As for me, (5ft 8 inch) in the driver seat I was not able to depress the clutch to the floor, the second seat was very comfortable (around 5-6 inch gap between my leg and the front seat backrest) and didn't check the third row but as Raj mentioned the seat is small in depth so thigh will not be as much as it is in the second row.

Thanks Raj for pointing out, I will not upload it any where in the internet.

And I remembered, I picked up the base ball bat from Bigbazar at Ameerpet.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550491.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550492.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550493.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550494.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550495.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks