Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 20:45   #106
BHPian

Re: Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)

Some recent pictures after I tried my handin painting the tyre letters. Unfortunately thry didn't last long.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2400.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2401.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2402.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2403.jpg  

Old 10th June 2012, 20:31   #107
BHPian

Finally my Hella HID auxiliary light arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to get that installed at the earliest. Does anyone here has any experience of fixing auxiliary lights on the standard bullbar of the Scorpio? I would like to install it on the top steel bar at the middle which has a flat top. I did check and there is no hole that can be used readily. Do I need to drill the holes? Can that be done locally or we need to take it to a lathe.

Also I need to do something to secure the auxiliary lamps. Keeping in mind that the lights are pretty expensive and I will not like to loose them, I am thinking of using the breakaway nuts which once tightened will break away from the head portion to make it permanent. I plan to use this on the outside of the normal nuts so this will also work as jam nuts and avoid loosening in the longer run.

Let me know what you all think about the same.

A link to check out the product is given below for reference.

Security Fasteners
Old 11th June 2012, 13:21   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Do I need to drill the holes? Can that be done locally or we need to take it to a lathe.
I would not recommend drilling holes in the bull bar since water seepage that happens in the holes can very easily result in the corrosion of the bull bar. You could get clips fabricated at a lathe shop and use them along with the security fasteners to attach the lamps to your bull bar. Can you post a picture/url of the lights that are coming so that we get a clearer picture please?
Old 11th June 2012, 18:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would not recommend drilling holes in the bull bar since water seepage that happens in the holes can very easily result in the corrosion of the bull bar. You could get clips fabricated at a lathe shop and use them along with the security fasteners to attach the lamps to your bull bar. Can you post a picture/url of the lights that are coming so that we get a clearer picture please?
Thanks a ton for the sugestion. Here are the pictures of the lights that have reached me today.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2576.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2577.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2578.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-dscf2579.jpg  

Old 24th August 2012, 07:09   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Thanks a ton for the sugestion. Here are the pictures of the lights that have reached me today.
Are you planning them to use for highbeams ? The bulbs are of 6000 k which is more bluish than white and would not travel a good distance. I'd prefer to have them for low beam/fog since they'd spread wide and may be upside down on the bullbar. I don't mean to discourage you but post on this in automotive lighting dedicated thread for gurus to chip in
Old 20th October 2013, 10:12   #111
BHPian

After a long time I am posting some pics which I should have done long back. The lights are very bright and I have focused them between high and low beam. This makes highway driving in the night a joy and also helps to signal those who forgets to use the low beam. In city driving I hardly use this as the reflection from the car ahead is blinding to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-light1.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-light2.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-light3.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-light4.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-light5.jpg  

sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 13:20   #112
BHPian

Finally after 10 long years I am updating this thread to capture the milestone for my White Lady. She is going to go for her 15 year re-registration in a few months. She has taken our family through the length and breadth of our country safe and secured and seen our kids grow from new born to teenagers. Our daughter love her to bits and looking forward to the time when she becomes eligible to sit in the driving seat. I have learnt to live with her whims but I guess that's what connected us to be honest. I don't regret any moment with her and would continue to treat her as our family member for years to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-img_20231123_095315_110-1.jpg  

Last edited by sudipta : 24th November 2023 at 13:32.
sudipta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks