Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 14:03   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
We can go on with this debate, but who is suffering in the end? The end customer. Should he really care if the service center is incapable of buying enough stock or if the company is unable to supply them in sufficient quantities? All that he cares for is good and prompt service and if it isn't available for this product, why wouldn't he/she move to a better one? This company doesn't seem to be very serious in keeping their customers happy, inspite of having seemingly better products.
Not defending the service being provided by Tata for Fiat but I do believe its a little unrealistic to expect service centres to have every spare part on hand for replacement.

Case in point, had to get my WagonR's dented wheel rim replaced and the dealership (MyCar, Pune) didn't have one on hand. This inspite of WagonR being one of the highest sellers (by volume) and the wheel rim being both a critical part and one prone to damage, along with bumpers and head/ tail assemblies.

It took a little more than week to get the replacement and this required follow up from my side, no one at the dealership called me to say that the replacement had arrived.

This was less than stellar performance but again I reiterate that it is not possible for dealers to have every spare part readily available for replacement. I guess the question is whether they have the most critical and oft replaced parts readily on hand. And, pardon me, but I don't think fog lamps fall in either category.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:22   #722
BANNED

OT: Can any one tell me the location of VIN Number sticker/plate in LINEA. Urgent.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:26   #723
J.Ravi

wildon: In my Fiat Linea, sticker showing VIN is pasted on the front left quarter glass. VIN is embossed on the floor of the front co-passenger seat. VIN plate is riveted to the side of the spare wheel well in the boot.

Old 24th November 2009, 14:28   #724
BANNED

Thanks Ravi for that quick reply .
Old 24th November 2009, 14:32   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Yes, I bought my Palio in 2004 when Fiat had their own Service centers, and they did a good job (much better than Tata-Fiat SC now).
But, they were present only in major cities & not as widespread as Maruti/Tata.
Somehow, almost all fanboys always get better service from fiat. I find it very hard to believe though. Anyways, good luck!
Old 24th November 2009, 15:00   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
They dont even have the fog lamps and its outer cover now.

Sad story!!!

What else can i tell.

If anyone of you consider buying a fiat car please think twice. The spares problem are cropping up !!!

It is safe than to be sorry!!!!
Realistically speaking, I dont see any problem here .

My friend had to wait for 5 days for ORVM for his Honda in mumbai. I think we need to keep realistic expectations from FIAT or any MAnufacturer A.S.S. for that matter.

Great to know that the painting is also done where they had scratched it.

You should be smiling now mate .
Old 24th November 2009, 15:10   #727
J.Ravi

In case of my previous vehicle Maruti Suzuki Versa, the ac stopped working within one month after delivery in 2004. The dealer said both the ac compressor and its thermostat switch would be replaced FOC on warranty. But, I had to wait for more than two weeks for getting the work done since the spare parts were not readily available. This problem of non-availability of spares is common to all the dealerships of all brands, not just restricted to Fiat, IMO.

Old 24th November 2009, 15:21   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Yes that is what i have asked. Rajeev kapoor has taken immense intrest in my case and has mailed me. concorde has called up and have accepted that it is their fault.

they are willing to repaint it and clear out the dent on monday. will keep you guys posted

@ vijaythacker

yes. i am yet to check it. will keep you posted

@nocesachin

directly from tap
Good to hear that CEO is taking interest. I was just thinking, may be in case of FIAT (due to its history of course), we are trigger happy and curse on every failures.

Was wondering if this was a Honda/Maruti or Hyundai car, would the CEO had taken a note and replied?

I agree that there may be some problems in Tata-FIAT service, but may not be as serious as people cry from top of their houses.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:27   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Somehow, almost all fanboys always get better service from fiat. I find it very hard to believe though. Anyways, good luck!
Try it Ajay. Show your love for your car to the service guy, ask for his expert help, appreciate his skills, develop a rapport, and you will get better service. Whether it's Fiat or any other brand.

Last edited by Pragmites : 24th November 2009 at 15:29.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:28   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pragmites : Try it Ajay. Show your love for your car to the service guy, ask for his expert help, appreciate his skills, develop a rapport, and you will get better service. Whether it's Fiat or any other brand.
Very True. Build that relationship. Dont rush the SA / A.S.S. If he wants time, let him have it. If you rush him, he will do a hurried job.

(eg: left my truck for service last friday. He asked me when I want it. I asked him to tell me when can give it. He gave it on saturday. But it was worth it.)

You dont have to praise him, but do be patient. Appreciation = a simple thanks.

If something doesnt seem right, just ask him to explain. Request to see the faulty part - if required, when it is being removed. They will not deny you these rights.

If something is missed, again - dont shout at him. Take the time out to go back, and they will happily fix what they have missed. And possibly not do it again.

Simple things, but goes a long way.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 17:31   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Try it Ajay. Show your love for your car to the service guy, ask for his expert help, appreciate his skills, develop a rapport, and you will get better service. Whether it's Fiat or any other brand.
Nothing against your advise but services provided by the companies must not be dependent customers ' love per product' quotient. Its obligatory and objective in nature under the company's commitment to customer.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:49   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You should be smiling now mate
no i am not mate. you should be here to see the attitude of these concorde guys!!.
No mate this is not the first time mate.

i waited 4 weeks for alloys!!. 5 months for the seat. and now 1 week for the fogs and bezel. tomorrow if i want a seat clip i may have to wait 2 weeks again!!!

Trust me concorde doesnt even have regular consumables for GP and linea

PS: rajeev.kapoor@fiapl.com, ceodesk@fiapl.com

Last edited by geeash : 24th November 2009 at 17:52.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:50   #733
BHPian

Reminds me of an incident. I and one close fellow decided to buy the Palio for his personal usage. Since I wanted to follow all precautions in the book I insisted on a test drive. The cash was ready. We decided to wait for just a drive before we book. He wasn't insistent on bargaining etc. Went to the Fiat (not with Tata at that time) dealership. Waited 15 minutes to get a sales man. Turns out that they do not have a test vehicle (not any village; this was in the middle of one of the Metros). They had to borrow it from another dealer! Promised to call the next day. No calls! I discreetly called them asking what happened without my friend's knowledge. Again promises. No call. Finally he ended up buying another car from a higher segment. I think I chased them for around four weeks (cannot remember exactly but definitely around a month) for a test drive.

I understand that with Tata-Fiat you cannot get spare parts in time. With Fiat alone you wouldn't have even bought the car! That I think is the difference.

Last edited by Trapezio : 24th November 2009 at 17:54.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:05   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Nothing against your advise but services provided by the companies must not be dependent customers ' love per product' quotient. Its obligatory and objective in nature under the company's commitment to customer.
Totally agree with you on that. Wish it was reality. Here we may be talking auto a** and Fiat in particular. But does one get the obligatory and objective commitment for other products/services? Banks/Insurance/Credit Cards/Computers/Inverters/Appliances?
Old 24th November 2009, 18:34   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
But does one get the obligatory and objective commitment for other products/services? Banks/Insurance/Credit Cards/Computers/Inverters/Appliances?
Not 100% always, But there is limit both in space and time. Brand that crosses limit, is out to go.
You know one thing - I like F brand products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks