Old 3rd September 2009, 07:23   #617
Senior - BHPian

Wishing you a Happy Journey Aswin.
Yes ,Linea loves Bangalore Highway.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 6th September 2009, 11:47   #618
Senior - BHPian

hi Guys,
i am reporting from bangalore. the drive was very good. i had a astounding FE of 18kmpl in a stretch of 88kms while travelling from salem to bangalore. will post the analysis and photos as soon as i come from bangalore tomorrow
Old 8th September 2009, 09:41   #619
Senior - BHPian

My bangalore trip: Chennai to salem and Bangalore

Day : 03-09-09
Time : 07:18 AM

Route: 1st phase: Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Salem ( Had to go for a family function there)

2nd phase: Salem - krishnagiri - Hosur - Bangalore

Had my Alloys changed and also kept my spare rim in boot just in case.....Topped up NITRO in tyres and filled the fuel to brim the day before

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-01092009545.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-01092009546.jpg
Started with 6171 on the ODO.

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-start.jpg
Was already way behind in schedule and so was in a rather racing mood. Had to stop for an hour at vellore too as it was my grandfathers place and then reach salem atleast by 1 pm. Was held up at my grandfathers house by 1 more hour. so had to speed up more. So criterea was reaching for the marriage function on time and so put on my seatbelts and activated my passenger seatbelt and started taking off at the vellore. Had a fellow Skoda who kept me hard on the pedal. Did top speeds as the roads were empty ( i have photos of these but dont want to kick up a storm again. so if any of you guys want a look PM me). Reached salem by 1:30pm.

This drive was 387 kms and the FE was only 11kmpl as i was revving the aeroplane at constant high speed

top speed achieved : 170kmph, Planted, stable, great handling and suspension

Clicked a few pics enroute

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p9020112.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p9020113.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p9020118.jpg

So conquered phase one.... Mission accomplished.......

Phase 2 .........continues
Old 8th September 2009, 09:54   #620
Senior - BHPian

Good Aswin,

But 11kmpl,Oh god.Don't rip the car to the extend.
yes i know,The car make us little mad.
without sense,we simply reach 120kmph easily.
Very tough to keep the car below 3500rpm in highway.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 8th September 2009, 09:58   #621
Senior - BHPian

Phase 2

Salem - Krishnagiri - Hosur- Bangalore

Started at around 4 PM . It was raining hard. Had a fuel top up after the 387km on ODO and reset it. It took 35 litres. So a manual FE calculation was 11kmpl and MID said 10.9. was more or less the same.

Started from the reset point. More of sadate driving as it was raining hard. As per my wifey advice, went on a constant 80kmph speed from krishnagiri with 100% A/C on. Had a stop at krishnagiri for a coffee and had a look at the MID ODO and was Surprised!!!!

Surprised by this !!. Have a look at the pics.

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-salem-distance.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-salem-kmpl.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-salem-avg-speed.jpg

From krishnagiri It was getting dark and i couldnt maintain a constant speed due to heavy lorry traffic. so the mileage began to drop a little and still i could go at enough speeds to get a better FE. In midway i again took a pic near Hosur and MID showed

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-bangy.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-tobangy-dist.jpg

After Hosur it was total chaos. This route has not improved a bit even after 3 years . same traffic jams owing to unfinhed flyovers. Had a tough time negotiating traffic.

My stay was koramangala. I must say a great thanks to HRAG who had already mapped the route for me in t-bhp so it was ease finding the way to my guest house. On reaching Bangalore the ODO showed

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-bangy.jpg

which i thought was good for the traffic i encountered

Return journey continues.......
Old 8th September 2009, 13:43   #622
BHPian

Great mileage figures there Geesh.

Conclusion here is.
Drive car easy, pocket will be easy
Old 8th September 2009, 15:21   #623
Senior - BHPian

Had a blast at bangalore. My sister was there to guide me all through the bangalore roads. The worst part in bangalore is the navigation in traffic and finding ways to get to a place.

The autodrivers are mad and cannot give a correct route to a place. I had many autowalas telling me to take the right vocally and signalling to take left with their hand. which way should i go??.

One fellow told me " seedha chalo!!" and by hand he was creating a circle. what does that mean??

Another point is: Many a times The Autowalas say " take the left at signal and go straight. On reaching the signal to my surprise there is a road at 30 degree left , 60 degree left and 75 degree left...... Which one should i take?

Had a tough time so i got a Map of Bangalore on MG road . It was this and my cellphone GPS which helped me a lot.

Had a great time visiting MG road, Brigade road, Commercial street, MALLS: Total, Forum, forum value mall in whitefield , flame cinemas

Visited cubbon park and lalbhag too. Linea was able to pull up in the city with equal ease even though the metro construction was going on.

Return journey continues.........

Last edited by geeash : 8th September 2009 at 15:22.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:14   #624
Senior - BHPian

The return journey. and surprise in store

Started on Monday at 6AM to avoid traffic. From old madras road - indiranagar - koramangala - market and reached the chennai highway with ease.

There was enough petrol in my tank from my previous filling near salem as written before. My Sister had suggested me to go beyond hosur to a bharat petroleum bunk which had Adayar Ananda Bhavan restaurant too to fill petrol and my stomach. i agreed.

Was able to go there as morning had no traffic even though i cruised at 80 kmph to hget a better mileage.

Reached the bunk and ate mouthful and filled my linea too. It drank 27 litres of petrol for 388kms which gives 14kms on averrage per litre despite roaming in city of bangaluru

Reset my trip meter again and started my journey via krishnagiri - ambur - vaniambadi - vellore - sriperambathur - chennai

On the way my car reached 7000kms

I wanted to click a photo of it so pulled down the car to the side and clicked a photo. I simply wanted to check the Trip meter to know how much mileage it had given me as the fuel meter only came down a little bit. Checked it and i had a heart attack!

What gave me a heart attack was this

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-7000.jpg

mileage at 7000kms

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-at7000.jpg

The distance travelled from pump was

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-back.jpg

At an average speed of

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-avg-7000.jpg

You can see the fuel indicated had just gone below the F level That means i have travelled 63.5 kms in not even 3 litres of petrol !!!.

I wanted to see how far i can take the mileage up so i did not reset the odo and continued the journey checking the mileage every 50kms on the odo

The mileage rose to a maximum of 22.9kmpl and remained steady

here are the pics of the mileage climb with respective distances from refil of petrol

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-dist-at7000.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-max.jpg

The highest mileage acheived was 22.9kmpl and before i took the photo it dropped down a point to 22.8. here is the pic

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-max-mileage-achieved.jpg

When i reached sriperambuthur there was traffic building up again and so the mileage dripped to 20.9kmpl

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-max-distance.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-drop-chennau.jpg

and after that i had to wriggel through the chennai traffic into the city and encounter bumper to bumper traffic and thren reached my home

The final analysis showed this

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-final-analysis.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-finbal-analysis2.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-final-analysis-3.jpg

Have a look at the fuel indicator , it has not even crossed 1/4 of the tank. And MID is accurate

Now how do i tell MID is accurate?

I have gauged that each line in The fuel indicator denotes 7.5 litres so total of 7.5*6 = 45

My needle has travelled just above the second point so let us keep it as 14 litres it has consumed ( i have kept 14 as it is just above the second line). to tal distance travelled as indicated by MID is 273 kms.

So the mileage chieved by manual calculation is 273/14 = 19.5.

The MID shows 19.4 in the picture

So i am very happy that i was able to get a such a astounding mileage from my Beauty. This proves Linea is frugal too

A mileage of a petrol sedan giving 22.8km/l is just heart stopping .

Last edited by geeash : 8th September 2009 at 16:18.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:18   #625
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashwin,

Do PM me some of the speed photos or mail me on rajatsharma0123@gmail.com. Want to have a look.
I think you did some excellent revving and driving to get a FE of 11
I maintainted 100-120 last time and got 14.8km/l. Am sure you must have enjoyed the car a lot.

I was driving today, happily cruising at 70 (speed guns in area) in the middle lane and a black Ikon came from behind and started honking. Right lane was occupied so he should have gone from left. He again honked continously like mad people. Then the uncle came side by side to left and started looking at me and uttered something
That was it and the Schumacher in me came alive to show him that i can go fast. Shifted to 3rd and then redlined the car in all gears till 6000+ rpm. Went behind him and honked and did the same what he did to me. Touched 140 and off i went and took turn to go to my place.

I shouldnt have done this racing thing but wanted to show him the real power of my car. Had i been in Scorpio, would have had bullied him like anything.

Really enjoyed the 6000 RPM sound, FE dropped continouslt in this process.

EDIT:
22 km/l from a LINEA. Am shocked..... Were you using AC? Even at 70 km/h thats much much more than anyone gets. Its my dream to see 22km/l showing on my MID. It only happens when i come from pump after restting MID and driving 4 kms with AC off. It comes till 17km/l.

How did you drive man? Unbelievable. 22 is not even shown by some MJD Lineas. Share some driving gyaan, did the roads require less gearshifts.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 8th September 2009 at 16:23.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:22   #626
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Congrats! 22.8 is an awesome FE for a saloon. Its good that the car comes with an MID, helps keep tab of FE figures easily. I wish the i20 had one.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:22   #627
Senior - BHPian

i dont want to post the speed pics after the Sathya fiasco. will mail you soon of the speed pics

Thanks JD excellent FE indeed. it has given me a heart attack

Last edited by geeash : 8th September 2009 at 16:24.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:25   #628
BHPian

Give some tips to us Sir
Old 8th September 2009, 16:26   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Wow!! Congrats! 22.8 is an awesome FE for a saloon. Its good that the car comes with an MID, helps keep tab of FE figures easily. I wish the i20 had one.
JayD,
Well i20 has that i think. Doesnt that screen on central console show drive info? Am sure it has that, i read it somewhere or is there in ASTA model?

Anything above 15-16 is way too good for a car this size, phew!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th September 2009, 16:31   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
JayD,
Well i20 has that i think. Doesnt that screen on central console show drive info? Am sure it has that, i read it somewhere or is there in ASTA model?

Anything above 15-16 is way too good for a car this size, phew!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope! i have an i20 cdri asta (O) and all it has are 2 tripmeters and one mode which shows the total time which the engine has run. Some member has claimed that he has used the mileage calc on an i20, if so, its very well hidden!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks