Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 19:17   #526
BHPian

@sunilrj
Dear Linea Expert. Your urgent help needed. My passenger side wiper doesn't wipe. If you can help me avoid going to TASS, I will be very grateful.

As I mentioned somewhere else, my driver side door needs a litlle more effort to shut, but now I know how much pressure is required and not planning to do anything more about it till first service
Thanks
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:49   #527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i hope you understand my predicament. we are all in a precarious situation now.......
Sorry Ashwin. I thought you wrote it in lighter tone. Intention was never to hurt you.

However, if the rattling comes from that door, tape is a DIY temporary solution till you you go to TASS. Nothing wrong in doing it as long as it stops irritating rattling sound for time being.

Then when you go to TASS, you can get the screws aligned on that lock as Sunil has suggested.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:56   #528
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Sorry. Not sunilrj, not linea expert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
@sunilrj
Dear Linea Expert. Your urgent help needed. My passenger side wiper doesn't wipe. If you can help me avoid going to TASS, I will be very grateful.
The wiper arm is connected to the wiper motor with a nut and bolt arrangement. If the nut is loose, that wiper arm may not move.

Kindly check. If that is the case, tightening the nut should solve the problem. It should be easy as DIY.

I assume it was working before.
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:09   #529
Senior - BHPian

Had a satisfying DIY wash and wax of my linea today. took about 4 hours. its been 2 weeks since i washed her and waxed. last sunday was rainy and i didnt want to make my effort go in vain. And still the thought that my is car dirty was bugging me al lalong. so cleaned her and waxed her to my satisfaction today. Looks as good as new.

Time to splurge her more with goodies and accessories i think....

one question.
After waxing and washing i really feel like i dont want to take her out of the garage and make her dirty again. do you guys too feel the same?

Last edited by geeash : 23rd August 2009 at 19:10.
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:14   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
one question.
After waxing and washing i really feel like i dont want to take her out of the garage and make her dirty again. do you guys too feel the same?
How many wash and waxes do you do yaar- kudos to you for caring so much? From April 8 till now i have done waxing just once maybe not even once, am shameless Linea is such a big car that i get lazy with the thought of waxing her only.
These days its raining here in Delhi hard so with fear of waterogging and sensors going kaput, Linea is resting.
Old 24th August 2009, 10:29   #531
Senior - BHPian

Good Aswin,
Yesterday i too done a good interior/vacuum cleaning.
Every time i collected some dust from the seats. I never open the windows and drive the car.Still it has some dust.Might be comes from AC vents and dress.
Everyweek i clean my car both exterior and interior with washing liquids.
Plan to do wax.But i use Formula1 Wash and wax so no need for wax.

Aswin,
What clean/polish u are using for interiors.I just use colin/plain water.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:18   #532
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
What clean/polish u are using for interiors.I just use colin/plain water.
Formula 1 Potectant (for interiors & dash) is very good.

I generally don't do interiors as generally its not needed as the washer-guy does it every Sunday (of course normal cleaning without F1). Hence, Formula 1 protectant bottle which I bought 6 years back is still there & works very well
Old 24th August 2009, 12:12   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Sorry. Not sunilrj, not linea expert!

The wiper arm is connected to the wiper motor with a nut and bolt arrangement. If the nut is loose, that wiper arm may not move.

Kindly check. If that is the case, tightening the nut should solve the problem. It should be easy as DIY.

I assume it was working before.
Thanks for the tip and I will check the nut/bolt arrangement. The wiper works, as in it goes through the motion of wiping, but it does not actually clean or wipe the windshield.
Old 24th August 2009, 13:15   #534
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
The wiper works, as in it goes through the motion of wiping, but it does not actually clean or wipe the windshield.
I was assuming that the left one was not moving at all! This is strange, though!
Old 24th August 2009, 15:28   #535
BHPian

@pragmites,
The wiper blade might have slid out of its place. Check it. and click it back into place.
This will be in the center of the wiper arm.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:41   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@pragmites,
The wiper blade might have slid out of its place. Check it. and click it back into place.
This will be in the center of the wiper arm.
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it. You might be right in a way, because it does not "click" the way the drivers-side wiper does. Looks like TASS visit is unavoidable. In any case some more niggles which I am posting on my thread, so will have to make a pre-service visit
Old 24th August 2009, 16:58   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Formula 1 Potectant (for interiors & dash) is very good
I use the same. formula 1 multipurpose protectant. it can be used for tyres/ dash. gives me a great result
Old 24th August 2009, 17:43   #538
Senior - BHPian

i am at the concorde ambattur right now. they have installed a computer with internet in waiting lounge and i am messaging from that. i have come here for the alloy wheel change and seat coming down issue.

The alloy wheel changer is out of order here. so they have taken the wheel to vendor to change and will be back in half an hour or so.

as for the height of seat issue they have still not got a word from fiat to change the assembly for all cars which have the problem. They have said they will look into it.

i have told them about the wobbling wiper too. they are yet to check out.

Neo and amit ,

whom did you contact for changing the seat mechanism. can you forward that mail to me so that i can show them and get the needful done in my vehicle also.

I have brought the manager sairaj to the customer lounge to show him the picture from neo thread and he is surprised that so many things are done in the forum.

waiting...........

Last edited by geeash : 24th August 2009 at 17:45.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:27   #539
BANNED

Quote:
Neo and amit ,

whom did you contact for changing the seat mechanism. can you forward that mail to me so that i can show them and get the needful done in my vehicle also.
Ashwin

All my discussions (not mails) regarding Seat Height issue have been with Fiat Corp Quality Person here. He is indisposed but Neo met the Corp Quality person for South (or Hyderabad I do not know)
Old 24th August 2009, 19:35   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am at the concorde ambattur right now. they have installed a computer with internet in waiting lounge and i am messaging from that. i have come here for the alloy wheel change and seat coming down issue.

The alloy wheel changer is out of order here. so they have taken the wheel to vendor to change and will be back in half an hour or so.

as for the height of seat issue they have still not got a word from fiat to change the assembly for all cars which have the problem. They have said they will look into it.

i have told them about the wobbling wiper too. they are yet to check out.

Neo and amit ,

I have brought the manager sairaj to the customer lounge to show him the picture from neo thread and he is surprised that so many things are done in the forum.

waiting...........
It appears that Lineans (or TBHPians) are going to transform the Automotive Ownership Experience just like NDTV transformed TV journalism in India.

Straight from the Holy Grail, Live and Direct.

I had read few days ago Sunilrj reporting live from some dealership where he had gone to resolve others issue. Frankie (yes, the one who had CARGASM) from mumbai was also reporting live through his mobile/blackberry

i hope this new trend will transform the Automotive dealerships in India
we might experience recorded conversations, videos shot from the spy cameras (loaded on Youtube) etc in future

Newage Consumer Activism !, Jai Ho !!!

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th August 2009 at 19:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks