Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 18:13   #106
BHPian

The reason why they discontinued the VW color is because they say it'll create confusion having more than one white in their inventory.

I think I've seen the VW color in the new Safari too, although it's not the exact shade but quite similar.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:03   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Just got an update from the Tata guys ; Vocal white color for Linea to be discontinued with immediate effect! They're going to introduce the Bossa Nova white in its place. Vocal white Linea owners are now part of an Exclusive club!

cheers
Please view below a mail from Aashish Bardwaj, FIAL.

We have not announced discontinuation of any of the existing colours.
On the contrary, a couple of new colours have recently been added – Medium Grey & a new shade in white i.e. Bossanova White.

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D)
Fax: +91-22-25226326

Last edited by jaisha8 : 15th July 2009 at 20:10. Reason: Font correction
Old 15th July 2009, 20:14   #108
BHPian

Thats good news to other Vocal White fans. I dont think FIAT will do such things when they are trying to improve their market.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:07   #109
BHPian

Mr.Bhardwaj says they have not announced the discontinuation of any existing colors. Of course, they haven't announced it ! My sources told me it will happen and so I posted the scoop here. They told me about the Bossanova white and the medium grey being introduced too. Besides, the medium grey has been here in Delhi for over a month now.
Anyway, I for one was happy if the VW color were to be discontinued. Would make mine a Limited Edition. Fiat did the same to me in 2002 when I bought my Palio. I got the Twilight Blue color, which was discontinued soon after. So, history might just repeat itself.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:19   #110
BHPian

Sharing some rally pictures of Fiat Linea... The cars they race are the cars we buy!!!
Pictures taken from Flickr.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-race-linea.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-race-linea2.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by jaisha8 : 19th July 2009 at 16:21. Reason: Correction
Old 20th July 2009, 14:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

mods please delete this unable to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
An important information, just in case you didn't know!!!

Do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car!
Please open the windows after you enter your car and do no t turn ON the air-conditioning immediately. According to a research done, the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen- take note of the heated plastic smell in your car). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer may also cause miscarriage. Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with
the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level... & the people inside the car will inevitably inhale an excess amount of the toxins. It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for
the interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.
I got this article from my cousin through mail. I was quite shocked on reading it. I'm not quite sure what these pics say. So i'm presenting in the same manner i received the mail.

Do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car!

Please open the windows after you enter your car and do not turn ON the
air-conditioning immediately. According to a research done, the car dashboard,
sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen- take note
of the heated plastic smell in your car). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons
your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure
will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer may also cause miscarriage.

Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with
the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors
under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up
to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level... & the people inside the car will
inevitably inhale an excess amount of the toxins.

It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for
the interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.
source:CC@******************forums

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd March 2010 at 15:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:07   #112
BHPian

Medium Grey

Quote:
Please view below a mail from Aashish Bardwaj, FIAL.

We have not announced discontinuation of any of the existing colours.
On the contrary, a couple of new colours have recently been added – Medium Grey & a new shade in white i.e. Bossanova White.

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D)
Fax: +91-22-25226326
When I enquired about this at VST, Chennai, They told no such colors have been introduced.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:33   #113
BHPian

Seems like FIAL is not firing on all cylinders! There are 4 medium grey Lineas at my dealer here in Delhi. Will click a few pics and post them for the benefit of those deprived. Maybe you could show this to your dealer in Chennai, and see his reaction.

Does anyone know who the real top honcho is at FIAL ? I mean someone who is in the know of things and not just warming the seat! I have spoken to a no. of people at FIAL, some top honchos included(will not take names here), and have never got a clear answer to a lot of my queries, but always a " I'll have to check with the concerned dept. and get back to you! ". And nobody gets back. Are my questions that hard to answer really ? For eg. , no one is able to tell me why it is so that one is able to turn ON the stock stereo unit without inserting the key in the ignition ! Any ideas, anyone ?
Old 21st July 2009, 10:21   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like FIAL is not firing on all cylinders! There are 4 medium grey Lineas at my dealer here in Delhi. Will click a few pics and post them for the benefit of those deprived. Maybe you could show this to your dealer in Chennai, and see his reaction.
Thanks ghost_rider.

Please upload the pictures, I will check with them here in chennai.

Regards,
Nag
Old 21st July 2009, 10:58   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Does anyone know who the real top honcho is at FIAL ? I mean someone who is in the know of things and not just warming the seat! I have spoken to a no. of people at FIAL, some top honchos included(will not take names here), and have never got a clear answer to a lot of my queries, but always a " I'll have to check with the concerned dept. and get back to you! ". And nobody gets back. Are my questions that hard to answer really ?
Try someone at officer or manager-level in Fiat's Corporate Quality Deppt. I found them to be quite knowlegeable even for very small items like nuts, rivets etc etc

Quote:
For eg. , no one is able to tell me why it is so that one is able to turn ON the stock stereo unit without inserting the key in the ignition ! Any ideas, anyone ?
I do not have exact technical details/ reasoning for this. But, broadly the reason for this is - something in Blue n Me needs continuous battery power supply & is always ON even if ignition is OFF. Thats why Fiat recommends you to disconnect baterry terminal if you're not going to run the car for 10-15 days.
A bhpian Prash has installed an Amp in his Linea & it remains always ON.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:10   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Try someone at officer or manager-level in Fiat's Corporate Quality Deppt. I found them to be quite knowlegeable even for very small items like nuts, rivets etc etc
To be fair, there are people in Tata and Fiat who did manage to help me out with some of my queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I do not have exact technical details/ reasoning for this. But, broadly the reason for this is - something in Blue n Me needs continuous battery power supply & is always ON even if ignition is OFF. Thats why Fiat recommends you to disconnect baterry terminal if you're not going to run the car for 10-15 days.
A bhpian Prash has installed an Amp in his Linea & it remains always ON.
Well, I have an Emotion and not the pack so no "blue and me".
There is a setting in the HU menu which allows you to set a time of 20 min (only one time setting), after which the HU automatically turns OFF . But , the funny thing is that HU will not turn OFF when you stop the car and take the key out of the ignition switch.. It will switch OFF only after 20 mins (or you manually switch it OFF).
Something to do with the Blaupunkt Head Unit, I think and not Linea wiring.

I, too, have an amp in my Linea but no issues of the amp always being on. The amp only comes on
1)when I switch ON the HU.(with or without the key in the ignition switch)
2)when the key is turned to the ignition mode with the HU OFF.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:40   #117
BHPian

Ghost_Rider, I don't think one time setting in HU Menu. I have changed it to 20 Min on Sunday and later I found it irritating, so I changed it back to 0 y'day.

As you have Emotion, I want to ask you one thing. When you start the ignition and you haven;t put the seat belt, does the seat belt warning lights keep blinking or does it goes off after a minute. Can you please check and tell me
Old 21st July 2009, 14:47   #118
BHPian

Isn't it a good thing?
You don't need to leave the keys in the car.
If someone is waiting in the car, they can still listen to the songs while we are away on a brief errand.

Quote:
no one is able to tell me why it is so that one is able to turn ON the stock stereo unit without inserting the key in the ignition ! Any ideas, anyone ?
I have another question, before switching OFF the engine, do you make sure to turn OFF the music system?
One of our drivers told us that it's a good practice to do this, as when we are turning ON the engine the next day there will be some spike and can damage the head unit (if it was ON at this moment).

Same thing with the head-lamps also.

Last edited by neotraveller : 21st July 2009 at 14:50.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:52   #119
BHPian

Hi,
I do not have a Linea but a Palio Stile 1.6. I had a Kenwood system installed at the FIAT dealership itself (got it as a freebie). And it had the same behaviour. The system would not shut off when the car ignition was turned off. I took this back to the dealer and he showed me the wiring diagram for the Kenwood, in the Kenwood manual. The Unit gets the power supply directly from the battery and does not go via the ignition.
They changed the wiring to suit my needs. You may have to do the same.
Again, I cannot say this with authority as I do not own a Linea but just letting you know my experience.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:03   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
When I use my USB for music, only 1 song keeps on repeating and I have to manually move on to the next song from the steering controls. Would anyone please advise why it is happening so?

press the microsoft button on the sterring control and say "repeat off" . similarly , to enable shuffle say "shuffle on" ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks