Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 15:21   #121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I have another question, before switching OFF the engine, do you make sure to turn OFF the music system?
One of our drivers told us that it's a good practice to do this, as when we are turning ON the engine the next day there will be some spike and can damage the head unit (if it was ON at this moment).

Same thing with the head-lamps also.
I do it for everything which is electrical & Electronics - Music system, TV, Lights or whatever.

In this case, before turning off the ignition, the headlights, Music system & AC get promptly turned off. Never ever I turn OFF ignition with any of these or other ON. Forget this, at home while turning OFF the TV or music system, the sequence is Power OFF first on TV & only thereater mains Switch OFF. Never ever, will it be other way round.

Most modern insruments now may not require to do this as they may have inbuilt safety but I made it as a habit for any instrument. Your driver is right & I'm amazed at his understanding of occurance of Spike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
press the microsoft button on the sterring control and say "repeat off" . similarly , to enable shuffle say "shuffle on" ...
Dude, where were you for so many days ?
Old 21st July 2009, 16:18   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

Dude, where were you for so many days ?

Hi Friend , i was in bangkok for about 8 days ....came back yesterday.

nice to hear from you

i also had my Linea in fortune for a week for some underbody work (i had damaged the underbody and fuel tank on some stone on the road) ... the work is complete and i wil pick the car today. will write my experience on my thread then. c ya
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:08   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(i had damaged the underbody
Underbody is the most robust thing in linea. i wonder how you got it damaged!!!
Old 24th July 2009, 22:04   #124
BHPian

News on introduction of Fox Trot Azure color in Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
We have not announced discontinuation of any of the existing colours.
On the contrary, a couple of new colours have recently been added – Medium Grey & a new shade in white i.e. Bossanova White.

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD
Some more news on new colors for Linea. Wrote a mail to Mr. Aashish earlier today - 24th July, to inquire about the 'Fox Trot Azure' color. I was pleasantly surprised by the lightening quick reply from him. FIAL is definitely on the right foot this time with respect to customer satisfaction. FIAL. This is what he had to say -

Dear Mr Bhaskar,

Thanks for the good wishes.
We are working towards the introduction of Fox Trot Azure in Linea, likely to happen in the coming month, but I would not be in a position to confirm a date for commercial availability of the same at this juncture.

Regards,
Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road ,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326

Its great news for all those Linea aspirants, like me, who have been waiting very eagerly for this particular color.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 24th July 2009 at 22:05. Reason: Forgot the subject Line
Old 24th July 2009, 22:49   #125
BHPian

wow! Thanks for the info bhaskar.

Foxtrot Azure ... my fav color.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-fiatlinea1.jpg  

Old 25th July 2009, 10:05   #126
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lovely colour. wish i should have waited.........i should have
Old 25th July 2009, 10:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Is it the husky blue or Sky blue color we have in Indian cars like Santro?
If yes, i am happy because i have a husky blue Santro if no i will kill myself, already like the GREY color in Linea and if this is also a good color, i would really say i hurried too much because when we bought only 4 colors were available and i took the most common Silver
Old 25th July 2009, 14:34   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Thats good news to other Vocal White fans. I dont think FIAT will do such things when they are trying to improve their market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Mr.Bhardwaj says they have not announced the discontinuation of any existing colors. Of course, they haven't announced it ! My sources told me it will happen and so I posted the scoop here. They told me about the Bossanova white and the medium grey being introduced too. Besides, the medium grey has been here in Delhi for over a month now.
Anyway, I for one was happy if the VW color were to be discontinued. Would make mine a Limited Edition. Fiat did the same to me in 2002 when I bought my Palio. I got the Twilight Blue color, which was discontinued soon after. So, history might just repeat itself.

Anybody check out the Fiat Linea India site recently ? NO VOCAL WHITE in the color configurator !
Old 30th July 2009, 12:39   #129
BHPian

Sarat,

I got home yesterday night only and immediately tried to download my N95 phonebook as per your instructions. Deleted B&M from Mobile & deleted all users from USER DATA, paired once again. While copying phonebook, the phone disconnected from B&M. So I went to contacts selected 'MARK ALL' and send to Business card and via 'Bluetooth'. It searched fro B&M and clicked SRC/OK and immediately it started adding contacts with a tick, tick, tick sound. After it was done I checked 'PHONEBOOK' and all the contacts had been added. I also tried 1/2 phones and it was really smooth. Now I have to try out the message reader as well.
Thanks for your instructions & timely help, sarat.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:10   #130
BHPian

I have bought the mud flaps this time painted it to the nearest vocal white possible and also put Vinyl floor matting as it was raining heavily in Kerala and the floor carpet was getting wet frequently giving me more work.
Also taken some snaps from different angle of my Linea.
I still noticed some new Vocal white Lineas coming out from showrooms. I suppose these may be the earlier booked ones.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5614.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5615.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5633.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5634.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5635.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5611.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-img_5613.jpg  

My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White.-02082009036.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 16:13   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
press the microsoft button on the sterring control and say "repeat off" . similarly , to enable shuffle say "shuffle on" ...
Thanks for your guidance, Fastlove, it worked fine and the songs are not repeating now.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:18   #132
Senior - BHPian

Jaisha,

Now the beauty looks complete i say. Only you and me have got their Linea's mudflaps coloured i think, me being first
The shade looks perfectly matched i say, black mudflaps look good only on a few colors and not silver and white.

Hope they used rubberised paint (i think they call this by this name only) otherwise it will keep on chipping.
Old 27th August 2009, 19:25   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Jaisha,
black mudflaps look good only on a few colors and not silver and white.
I will go and get them painted in Vocal white on Saturday.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:52   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Jaisha,

Now the beauty looks complete i say. Only you and me have got their Linea's mudflaps coloured i think, me being first
The shade looks perfectly matched i say, black mudflaps look good only on a few colors and not silver and white.

Hope they used rubberised paint (i think they call this by this name only) otherwise it will keep on chipping.
In my case we havent used rubberised paint. The painter applied Plastic primer first and on that the base colour and above all the Vocal white was sprayed. As vocal white was not readily available in paint shop, they took Pearl white and added a bit of yellow shade to get the nearest Vocal white finish. So it matches perfectly now.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:12   #135
BANNED

CB/Jaisha/Sachin

Query ? Where do you guys getting mudflaps painted? I mean what kind of guys do it? - TASS or usual painters or car garages/ mechanics ?
What type of paint is used or is durable on mudflaps?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks