Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 18:06   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@nkapoor777... hadnt you cancelled the booking for your Punto?
Well I hadn't booked one so far, so cancellation doesn't come into the picture. I went to book one this past Sunday but came back with the chequebook as the dealership couldn't give a ready delivery (4 weeks of waiting was mentioned). But life has turned a full circle for me in the last 12 hours. From not having an option but to wait 4-odd weeks; to having an option to pick one out of two black MJD puntos in two different dealerships in Delhi. Sigh!

Full details of the story coming up in a new thread in the Initial Ownership Reports section.
Old 24th June 2009, 18:12   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Well I hadn't booked one so far, so cancellation doesn't come into the picture. I went to book one this past Sunday but came back with the chequebook as the dealership couldn't give a ready delivery (4 weeks of waiting was mentioned). But life has turned a full circle for me in the last 12 hours. From not having an option but to wait 4-odd weeks; to having an option to pick one out of two black MJD puntos in two different dealerships in Delhi. Sigh!

Full details of the story coming up in a new thread in the Initial Ownership Reports section.
sorry mate... i confused you with another kapoor on team-bhp!
Old 24th June 2009, 18:57   #123
BHPian

Went today to the showroom for the testdrive. Since i was so impressed with the style i carried the cheque book along with me to book. I was looking for the 1.4 Petrol. The Showroom dont have a the Petrol 1.4 for the testdrive. Moreover i am confused with the color selection so plans had been shifted to sunday this week. Eventhough i liked the Red one i am not going for the red. Kindly sugest me the color for the Punto. Any sugestion/remarks/feedbacks regarding the 1.4 Ltr Petrol version.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 24th June 2009 at 19:00.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:00   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
+1 to that. It will look awesome. I had this in mind but didn't want to wait a few weeks to get a white one.

I just booked a Black MJD Emotion Pack for myself. The car is one out of the first batch of Punto's produced (nostalgic feeling) and should be reaching the dealership either today or tomorrow. Hoping to take the delivery either on Friday or Sunday. Can't wait to get my hands on the baby.
Lucky you buddy !!!

I booked the car on 17th June (launch day) ... and I have been told the delivery will be between 5th July to 10th July

Apparently the Pune dealers have still not received permission from the Regional Transport Office for passing and registration.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:01   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Went today to the showroom for the testdrive. Since i was so impressed with the style i carried the cheque book along with me to book. I was looking for the 1.4 Petrol. The Showroom dont have a the Petrol 1.4 for the testdrive. Moreover i am confused with the color selection so plans had been shifted to sunday this week. Eventhough i liked the Red one i am not going for the red. Kindly sugest me the color for the Punto. Any sugestion/remarks/feedbacks regarding the 1.4 Ltr Petrol version.
if not red .. go for the electric blue sir !!
Old 24th June 2009, 19:37   #126
BHPian

Even it is the same with my case as well. I booked the car on 18th (Electric Blue), the car is yet to be reach the dealer. They are saying the car will be dispatched in a day or two. So most likely the delivery will happen only by the month end.
Old 24th June 2009, 20:57   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Lucky you buddy !!!

I booked the car on 17th June (launch day) ... and I have been told the delivery will be between 5th July to 10th July

Apparently the Pune dealers have still not received permission from the Regional Transport Office for passing and registration.
Any ideas why the delay from the RTOs? What is it that the dealers are expecting from the RTO?
Checked out my ride today. Its sitting in the stockyard gathering dust because RTO has not given permission. Unfortunately, legally challenged that I am, could anyone please highlight the importance of this RTO 'Permission' when the car was cleared by ARAI for launch?
Old 24th June 2009, 22:03   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Any ideas why the delay from the RTOs? What is it that the dealers are expecting from the RTO?
Checked out my ride today. Its sitting in the stockyard gathering dust because RTO has not given permission. Unfortunately, legally challenged that I am, could anyone please highlight the importance of this RTO 'Permission' when the car was cleared by ARAI for launch?
guys i have Booked a RED EMOTION pack MJD TODAY ! yeppy! .. same problem here with the rto.! The car is ready to be taken this friday but i have to wait till Monday for the rto issues to solve!
What is the damn problem!

anyways ownership report coming up soon! .

Last edited by amulu10 : 24th June 2009 at 22:06.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:23   #129
BHPian

congratz amulu!
looks like GP is gonna sell in decent numbers just like the linea atleast on teambhp.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:28   #130
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ammulu..GP will surely be a hot hatch and will set new standards.Do post some pics and experinaces once you take the delivery of the car.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

our very own hyd team-bhpian furiousphinx (sagar) booked a fiat punto active on monday. his delivery is scheduled in the next week.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:18   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz amulu!
looks like GP is gonna sell in decent numbers just like the linea atleast on teambhp.
thanks man. ya i hope it sells in good numbers.
btw the booking list already had 20+ bookings in vst motors anna nagar branch alone! so seems like a good start! wonder how many in concorde motors and other vst branches!. and also i got to see lots of ppl coming to inquire about the punto!
Old 25th June 2009, 07:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Any new model when launched in the market has to be passed by the Regional Transport Office. I spoke to Fiat officials yesterday and they told me that they had filed for the permission months back and had not anticipated this delay. My argument was, if you did not have the RTO clearance letter, why did you go ahead with the nationwide launch ?? As I understand, in Pune, the dealers have not been able to offer test drives because of the RTO permission. The dealers cannot bring out the cars on the road until they have the permit from RTO.

I came to know from a friend that even Honda Jazz had/has the same problems with the RTO. Don't know what the reason behind it is though.

ARAI is completely independent of the RTO. ARAI gives a certificate about the "road worthiness" of the car. There are plenty of old cars out there that are passed by the RTO but will fail the road worthiness tests of ARAI.
Old 25th June 2009, 07:31   #134
BHPian

RTO is only for a region, sometime as small as a district and does not have authority to issue permission for a new vehicle to be sold on a national basis. So FIAT could go for a national launch. But there seems to be some thing else because I went to Noida show room yesterday and there also salesman quaoted 20-25 days waiting period, though he had many Puntos available in the showroom.

By the way I liked the car although interiors could have been made better. my cousin is an old Palio owner and may now book Punto shortly after taking a TD shortly.
Old 25th June 2009, 08:01   #135
BHPian

amulu,
congrats on the booking.man u dint tell me that you have booked.anyways congrats dude.Will team up with you for the intial ownership review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks