Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 23:52   #31
BHPian

Congrats

and we all here are waiting how much Cash did you pay to get this SWAP done.
Old 30th June 2009, 00:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the deal

Ok guys here is the deal-

My Swift VDi ABS was april 2008 model,mileage was 28k,had 16inch alloys and a pioneer usb headunit+jbl speakers(components and ovals).Condition was good.

They gave me 4.65lakhs for my car+they let me remove my ICE(worth 15K)+they gave me ready delivery of Punto.

Though the deal was not that easy,it costed me almost 2days i spent negotiating.

I got my insurance done from some independent agent,got more than Rs.2k discount on the same and ill get the car registered myself in chandigarh as it did cost just 2100bucks to me to get the Swift registered last year so the final OTR Price for me is around 6.30lacs including regn. and insurance,hope it was a good deal.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th June 2009 at 00:19.
Old 30th June 2009, 00:28   #33
BHPian

Congratz anshuman!!

Now lets get the town painted red!
Old 30th June 2009, 01:23   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

The Owners manual for the Puntos here are yet to arrive from pune so i have no clue how Multifunction display and blue&me works,ill start fiddling with the stuff tomorrow morning or ill get a linea owners manual pages i want xerox'ed from the dealer.
Old 30th June 2009, 01:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Anshuman bhai,

That is an awesome awesome deal for a brand new just launched car!! Even better considering you're getting insurance/regn done outside
Old 30th June 2009, 01:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Owners manual for the Puntos here are yet to arrive from pune so i have no clue how Multifunction display and blue&me works,ill start fiddling with the stuff tomorrow morning or ill get a linea owners manual pages i want xerox'ed from the dealer.
Same mess here man! I will be taking delivery of my baby on Wednesday and I have warned my sales guy that he is going with me if the manuals don't arrive till then. I am told he has been following up with the Pune guys ever since.

Wish you happy times with your Punto! I must say you got a great deal there.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

FIAT is rocking in India.Earlier it was raining Linea's,now it is raining Punto's in T-BHP.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:40   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Last pics of my swift

These are the last pics of my swift i clicked before giving it away

Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-p2.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-p3.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-p4.jpg
Old 30th June 2009, 10:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Anshuman red punto aghhh, i sometimes feel i should have waited for punto before buying my Linea, just because of the color shades available in punto, its breathtaking.

Regarding multifunction displays, dont worry Linea owners here including me will suffice you until you get your owners manual.
Just a small tip,
There is a TRIP button on your right hand side stalk (the wiper one), keep pressing it and you will cycle through AVG SPEED, AVG CONSUMPTION, TRIP DISTANCE etc. If you keep the TRIP button pressed for a few seconds all TRIP A or TRIP B details will be reset after you get tankful done do reset trip meters.

Also AVG CONSUMPTION may be in L/100 km , thats inconvenient and change it to KM/L. Press MENU after closing all doors, cycle through all options using +/- buttons and then you have options of - PAS AIRBAG, UNITS (all units are here change acc to your wish), SPEED ALARM, SERVICE REMINDER etc etc.

If any problem feel free to ask, Punto is also loaded will so many gizmos make full use of it.

For BLU n ME, am not sure but you press the PHONE sign on steering and then select option of SETTINGS, select PAIR PHONE and after pairing and entering pass codes it will copy your phone book, you are ready to go
Old 30th June 2009, 10:42   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks everybody again.

@coolboy- thanks for the tips,i already have some idea about it ,i have changed consumption to km/l but if i want it to display consumption how do i do it?

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th June 2009 at 10:43.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
thanks everybody again.

@coolboy- thanks for the tips,i already have some idea about it ,i have changed consumption to km/l but if i want it to display consumption how do i do it?

There is a TRIP button on your right hand side stalk (the wiper one), keep pressing it and you will cycle through AVG SPEED, AVG CONSUMPTION, TRIP DISTANCE etc. If you keep the TRIP button pressed for a few seconds all TRIP A or TRIP B details will be reset after you get tankful done do reset trip meters.
(coolboy's already explained this above)

Write a review soon
Old 30th June 2009, 13:35   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks sukrit,i found the button.

Just back from old gurgaon,the car displayed 14kmpl for the trip with real bad traffic with most of the time spent in second and third gear.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:37   #43
BHPian

You're most welcome, should be thanking coolboy though.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate!!

Still havent driven the Punto.. loooooooongggg waiting for test drive.. anyways..any specific reason for the change.. since the swift was almost brand new..were you not satisfied with the car??..whats the difference in driving terms in these car..as both have Fiat 1.3liter multijet engine and moreover the swift has a VGT.. is Punto sluggish to drive as compared to the VDI.

I have driven VDI and its fun to drive..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th June 2009 at 13:51.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

wooooah nice.... enjoy the attention! I would say good decision considering you got a nice deal on your Swift.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks