Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update : Got Philips H4 HID kit installed today,i really like the shade compared to unbranded HID's.
Already started the modding procedure eh ,nice.
Are you gonna change the alloys as well ?

Oh and i found these while googling.....

Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-angel-eyes-negros-para-fiar-grande-punto-kptuning.jpg

They`ll look mean on the car.!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 2nd July 2009 at 11:54.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:41   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Can we please have some pictures of the Philips H4 HID kit and some pictures with the headlights ON at night
Waiting for my camera to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post

Just one more mod planned,tuning box.

Not changing the alloys,they look decent plus i dont wanna ruin the awesome ride quality.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Just one more mod planned,tuning box.
I enquired from Pete's about the box. They confirmed they've got it. The Delhi distributor called to confirm as well. Quick response I must say.

I also asked him about the Green Cotton replacement filter but he couldn't confirm about its availability.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

anshuman, congrats on your GP, looks stunning in that colour and surely head turner with that new looks and design, keep updating with some interiors pics as well.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:46   #80
BHPian

hello everybody,

Quote:

Oh and i found these while googling.....
I have seen this being sold by a shop called toys4cars.co.uk.They have these type of projectors and LED tail lamps for punto as we have for the swift.

Vignesh

1.2 SIENA ELX
Old 5th July 2009, 10:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
hello everybody,

I have seen this being sold by a shop called toys4cars.co.uk.They have these type of projectors and LED tail lamps for punto as we have for the swift.

Vignesh

1.2 SIENA ELX
200 GBP is way too expensive...atleast double I would say so, but again we cannot confirm on the quality of the same.

I am sure, the same would make way into the Indian market sooner or later.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:14   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

950km Update

My Punto has just crossed 950kms in less than a week and she is impressing me too much except performance.

Fuel efficiency
is quite similar to Swift at around 17kpl,managed 21+kpl on my noida trip but these figures are with very relaxed driving and may go down with some spirited driving.
Performance is something punto is not impressing me much but i do like the driveablity a lot,i am getting a tuning box for sure but i would love if the power delivery characteristics remain the same with no surge but linear a thrust.I am yet to explore the revband above 2700rpm.
I do have a question,Europeon Punto with similar power and torque is much faster,why?

Ride
is brilliant with a very absorbing ride without any bounce plus the suspension is silent,swift was not even closer.No other hatchback and even most sedans in a segment above would be able to match Punto's ride quality for sure.
i had a ride in Verna this week in comparison to Punto the ride is horrible.

Handling and steering
is as good as the ride,the car begs for a much much more powerful engine,i has loads of grip in the corners with stock tires where my swift with 205's would badly roll(though that huge fun).

The stablity is just out of this segment,the car feels so slow at 80 and even at 120.The steering is very well weighted to inspire confidence.

NVH The engine noise in cabin is more compared to the swift,unlike Swift's clatter this car's cabin has boom,and with shorter gearing the Punto at 100+ begs for a 6th gear.But at lower revs the boom hides itself behind the blower and traffic noise quite cleverly.

Equipment I am in love with the blue and me its a lot easier to drive talking on the phone without a handsfree kit,i made hundreds of calls this week as i was enjoying it.
Fuel consumption readout is a nice addition it should be made available in all cars it makes you drive more efficiently when you are checking the fuel consumption all the time.

The Seat belt buzzer on the emotion pack variant can be quite a headache to people who dont like to wear seatbelts,autolocking doors is nice safety feature.

Things i like-

1.Looks,everybody everywhere is looking at my Car.
2.Ride
3.Handling
4.Lots of Equipment especially safety equipment,would have liked more airbags.
5.Steering feel and the steering wheel.
6.composure at speed,swift is not even closer.
7.Nice brakes
8.Good driveablity
9.The key
and a lot of other things
Things i hate
1.Poor plastics not only on the dashboard but also in the engine compartment.
2.Weak outright Performance.
3.Swift's gearbox and gear ratios were better.
4.The turning radius is big,quite an irritant at times.
5.Rear space could have been better,though its better than the swift.
6.A pillar blocks the view at times.
7.Bad audio quality and fm reception not as good.
8.Horns mounted at wrong place,vibrations and harshness can be felt in cabin.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:32   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Changed the oem horns with Hella red grilles with bill and warranty,these ones are much better than the oem horns.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:06   #84
BHPian

[quote=.anshuman;1373291]My Punto has just crossed 950kms in less than a week and she is impressing me too much except performance.

Performance is something punto is not impressing me much but i do like the driveablity a lot,i am getting a tuning box for sure but i would love if the power delivery characteristics remain the same with no surge but linear a thrust.I am yet to explore the revband above 2700rpm.
I do have a question,Europeon Punto with similar power and torque is much faster,why?

frank report anshuman.

the indian GP has been tuned to meet the BS4 norms.so it feels a bit slower than say the swift which still follows the BS3 norms.
the ritz feels a lot slower than the swift as it is tuned to meet the BS4 norms.
car makers also have to consider the quality of indian diesel.
i feel that once the car is properly RUN-IN it will show some turbo boost.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:14   #85
BHPian

Quote:
My Punto has just crossed 950kms in less than a week and she is impressing me too much except performance.
with shorter gearing the Punto at 100+ begs for a 6th gear.But at lower revs the boom hides itself behind the blower and traffic noise quite cleverly.
Wow! People are already going to make service trips for Punto.

I too have been feeling the same in my Linea that they should have provided a sixth gear, like in their automatic. Or they should have kept the fifth gear a bit tall. I love driving fast on highways, but fuel efficiency in this current 5th gear above 120 Kmph is really bad.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:20   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post

i feel that once the car is properly RUN-IN it will show some turbo boost.
I dont think running in has anything to do with turbo boost,the car has almost completed 1000kms,for my use the performance is adequate,i drive between 1500-2500rpm depending on traffic.

Given a choice i would like a more spread out power band with lesser surge like from 1700-4500 rpm not like the swift's 2000-3000rpm powerband.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:31   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The Seat belt buzzer on the emotion pack variant can be quite a headache to people who dont like to wear seatbelts,autolocking doors is nice safety feature.
Why would you not wan't to wear seatbelts? The car has airbags and airbags getting deployed with no belts is more dangerous than no airbags at all. You spend 6L+ on a car with so much safety features but don't use the most basic of them?
Old 7th July 2009, 12:40   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Why would you not wan't to wear seatbelts? The car has airbags and airbags getting deployed with no belts is more dangerous than no airbags at all. You spend 6L+ on a car with so much safety features but don't use the most basic of them?
Well it was not for me it was for some people who hate to wear seat belts, i always wear belts,i find the buzzer a good safety feature.
Old 7th July 2009, 22:02   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

more pics

Still waiting for my camera to come back,till then i have more low quality pics.

This figure is easily achiveable at constant 80-90kmph,got a 21+kpl twice this week on my noida trips
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-pu1.jpg

Good looking console but better quality plastics would have made it best in the segment.
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-pu2.jpg

Design of dashboard is nice but again better quality plastics would have made it a lot better experience.
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-pu3.jpg

Hella redgrilles have made life on the road a lot easier,but i make sure i dont honk unnecessarily.
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-pu4.jpg
Old 11th July 2009, 12:03   #90
BHPian

Hi Anshuman,
I am also taking delivery of punto emotion+ mjd next week.

I have a old corsa 1.4 gsi 2004 model which i thought i'll exchange.
However the quote by ABS is not that impressive.
Did you had to negotiate hard the with the sales guy for the exchange?
Also how did you find the ac performance in the afternoon heat?

Quote:
Ok guys here is the deal-

My Swift VDi ABS was april 2008 model,mileage was 28k,had 16inch alloys and a pioneer usb headunit+jbl speakers(components and ovals).Condition was good.

They gave me 4.65lakhs for my car+they let me remove my ICE(worth 15K)+they gave me ready delivery of Punto.

Though the deal was not that easy,it costed me almost 2days i spent negotiating.

I got my insurance done from some independent agent,got more than Rs.2k discount on the same and ill get the car registered myself in chandigarh as it did cost just 2100bucks to me to get the Swift registered last year so the final OTR Price for me is around 6.30lacs including regn. and insurance,hope it was a good deal.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks