Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 16:51   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_rider View Post
Hi Anshuman ,

I know that the button is on that stalk , but it is not showing Instant consumption after the " Low Fuel " warning . is this normal .?
Yes, this should be normal. Have experienced similar behavior on relative's Linea.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:03   #182

it kinda acts mad once it drops below into reserve man.. top it up if the fuel reserve lite glows. it showed 54km for me too when i got the car. but the dealer said the tank was empty.. so dont take a chance keep it above reserve whenever possible.
Old 6th November 2009, 18:49   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Rush to the nearest petrol station as soon as display goes blank as running out of fuel may severely damage Diesel injection system including Pump and injectors.

Another bit about the fuel needle which has already been discussed earlier in a lot of threads is the fuel indicator in Punto/Linea does not instantly recognise refuelling so it takes its own time to wake up, the solution is to switch off the engine and start it again.
Old 6th November 2009, 22:03   #184
BHPian

Great Snaps, Punto in Red looks amazing.
Old 7th November 2009, 01:35   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Another bit about the fuel needle which has already been discussed earlier in a lot of threads is the fuel indicator in Punto/Linea does not instantly recognise refuelling so it takes its own time to wake up, the solution is to switch off the engine and start it again.
+1 to that.

One question here: I have noticed in my Punto MJD E-pack that the fuel level indicator never reaches the "F" mark completely before the fuel nozzle cuts off on auto mode. The indicator remains slightly lower than the "F" mark. I always ask the attendant to leave the nozzle on auto mode and stop filling when it cuts off. Now, I have had 12 visits to the pump so far and the same behaviour continues despite changing pumps a couple of times. Is it the same with your car?
Old 7th November 2009, 16:03   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

I never use the autocut, i get my car filled to the brim whenever i get a tank ful.

Why dont you get the fuel filled up till the cap just to check out if this works for the needle?
Old 8th November 2009, 11:33   #187
BHPian

I always do a tank full and always seen that the Fuel indicator is at the last white indicator mark at the top. While fueling in, the autocut stops at 38 ltrs. Sometimes I ask them to around it to 40Ltr. Which just comes to the brim.
7 liters is in reserver. I just do the tank full as soon as the 'Low fuel warning' sign come up.

@nkapoor777: You should try a different fueling station, the previous stations seems to have there fueling guage calibrated wrongly (cheating Boss).
Old 8th November 2009, 18:49   #188
BHPian

Just refilled the car with Auto-cut at 38.05 lt. The Fuel Indicator Needle is at the Last White mark F. I think thats the max it should go. I always go with Auto-cut. I am not expert but have heard from people that its not advisable to fill to brim as there is no space left for Fuel Vapors to build up and this can have adverse impact on the engine. I am not sure how true this is, anyone know if its a myth or is it true?
Old 8th November 2009, 21:32   #189
BHPian

Similar to Linea, I guess Punto fuel gauge is is also calibrated with 7l per marking, for a total of six markings. Tank capacity of Punto too is 42 liters?
Old 8th November 2009, 21:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
not advisable to fill to brim as there is no space left for Fuel Vapors to build up and this can have adverse impact on the engine.
I have been filling to the brim in each and every vehicle that I have owned / used / refilled for more than 25 years.
Old 9th November 2009, 01:47   #191
Senior - BHPian

What is the Punto's official fuel tank capacity? Isn't it 45 litres?
Old 9th November 2009, 12:32   #192

yup its 45 as per the manual atleast.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:00   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Rush to the nearest petrol station as soon as display goes blank as running out of fuel may severely damage Diesel injection system including Pump and injectors.

Yup , just wanted to ensure very little fuel was there , so that i can get an accurate count .

But did rush to the nearest bunk .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictPentony View Post
it kinda acts mad once it drops below into reserve man.. top it up if the fuel reserve lite glows. it showed 54km for me too when i got the car. but the dealer said the tank was empty.. so dont take a chance keep it above reserve whenever possible.
Hmm , noted will do this from now on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Yes, this should be normal. Have experienced similar behavior on relative's Linea.
Okay , then its fine i suppose .
Old 16th November 2009, 14:20   #194
BHPian

Regarding when to fill the fuel, There are 3 indicators,
1. As soon as the fuel level indicator reaches the read mark.
2. As soon as the light (under the fuel guage) starts glowing or
3. As soon as the "Low Fuel Warning" start showing on the
display panel.

The "Low fuel warning" will start displaying only when the range value is less then 50Km. But this calculation is based on the last average speed you car has run. So be careful, think and take chances.

In Punto, the Fuel guage has only 4 marks and not 6 marks as said by Nuts_bolts

I just took a change last time when I need to get to Hp bunk some 15Km away from my home, the low fuel warning display and light indicator was up. The fuel level indicator was just very close to the Empty mark, but still the range showed 54Km.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:38   #195
Senior - BHPian

Recently on a road trip in the Punto, I exhausted almost all the fuel and the rang started showing "----" sign. The last value I saw in that was 50 Kms and from 50 it immediately went blank. I though it will gradually reduce to a lower value but this got me surprised and immediately filled diesel.

Running constantly with very less fuel can prematurely damage the fuel pump.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks