Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 15:52   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thanks a lot, I am planning to post the report after the 15000km service as i have not faced any issues or niggles, The car is running trouble free as expected.

All i have to report for these kms is a Slow puncture, repaired for 50Bucks. The car is consistently delivering a FE of ~20kpl on highways.
That's great to hear Anshuman, I had a question, do you feel that the Punto is underpowered ? I did personally test drive, but unfortunately never got a satisfactory drive from any dealer in Bangalore. Just wanted to know your personal opinion.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:15   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWizard View Post
That's great to hear Anshuman, I had a question, do you feel that the Punto is underpowered ? I did personally test drive, but unfortunately never got a satisfactory drive from any dealer in Bangalore. Just wanted to know your personal opinion.
I dont find it underpowered at all, i have a habit of shifting early and driving in a higher gear, The in gear acceleration is at par with Swift VDi. I like the smooth turbo kick in compared to Swift VDi.

For boy racers this car will be disappointment, As it can do crazy wheelspins and does not have mad acceleration.

For regular commuting i assure you wont find underpowered at all. 190nm@1750RPM is good figure.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:22   #213
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I dont find it underpowered at all, i have a habit of shifting early and driving in a higher gear, The in gear acceleration is at par with Swift VDi. I like the smooth turbo kick in compared to Swift VDi.

For boy racers this car will be disappointment, As it can do crazy wheelspins and does not have mad acceleration.

For regular commuting i assure you wont find underpowered at all. 190nm@1750RPM is good figure.
.anshuman, congrats on completing 6000kms. +1 on your comments. Even I liked the more relaxed turbo kick-in. I did push my car a bit and the car can really accelerate if you can choose the gears wisely. The power output is very linear and not sudden. The best thing that has appealed me is the highway cruisability.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:53   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Another thing i forgot to mention for those who dont consider a GP just for weaker outright acceleration, A tuning box can fix the issue without any worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
.anshuman, congrats on completing 6000kms. +1 on your comments.
Thank you Sir but my car covered 12000+kms now.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th December 2009 at 16:55.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:30   #215
BHPian

Anshuman, MCR thanks for your valuable inputs.

I completely agree, that the Punto is really a good highway cruiser after reading several expert comments in the forum. However I already own a car which sort of fits into the same frame at a higher segment. Which is the NHC, this is one of the major reasons holding me back from getting another car which probably may get repetitive in terms of drivability.

As discussed, tuning box's may be a solution. But is it not a trade of in terms of reliability ?

Last edited by Eddy : 10th December 2009 at 17:35. Reason: Please do not copy paste from an external editor.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:31   #216
Senior - BHPian

Drove my friend's Punto MJD at 2500 + kms and the difference is marked. Heck the engine is ultra repsonsive and to me it drove better than Indica Vista Quadrajet. The difference is huge if you compare the performance from the brand new engine to now resonably run-in engine.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:01   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Drove my friend's Punto MJD at 2500 + kms and the difference is marked. Heck the engine is ultra repsonsive and to me it drove better than Indica Vista Quadrajet. The difference is huge if you compare the performance from the brand new engine to now resonably run-in engine.
Did you also notice the improvement in refinement? Most Punto owners have reported a increase in refinement.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:11   #218
Senior - BHPian

I always thought the Punto was a looker, of course add to it the Fiat all round sturdiness. We keep hearing about the lack lustre service from the Fiat. Since you have done a considerably comfortable amount of kms now on you car, would you be able to throw some light on that aspect, after sales and service niggles, if any, from Fiat.
Old 10th December 2009, 23:07   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I always thought the Punto was a looker, of course add to it the Fiat all round sturdiness. We keep hearing about the lack lustre service from the Fiat. Since you have done a considerably comfortable amount of kms now on you car, would you be able to throw some light on that aspect, after sales and service niggles, if any, from Fiat.
Its too early for me to comment, I am yet to experience a Fiat Service centre properly, my only visit was at 3000kms for the first check up service. I did not experience even a single issue with the car till now, the reason i did not visit ASC again. I know i cannot expect much.

The upcoming 15000km service would tell me what to expect. Will surely keep you all updated.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th December 2009 at 23:12.
Old 12th December 2009, 23:31   #220
Senior - BHPian

Don't know about the Punto but the engine on my Palio Multijet had become much more smooth after about 10-15,000 km of running.

If my "tractor" (as per iraghava) could become more refined, I guess the Punto and Linea should do the same. The other thing is that the engine is coarse when cold but settles down to a more refined CRDI clatter when warmed up.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:51   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

I did test drive the Fiat Punto MJD E pack on Friday. The test drive car had 7600 odd kms on the ODO. The engine seemed very refined.

However there are quite a few marked differences in the plastics. Compared the test drive car (May 2009 produced car as per the sales rep) and a brand new car ready for delivery. The plastics are definitely put together a little better. the panel gaps have also reduced. I could not extract more information on the exact changes from the sales rep.

On the other thread Sidindica mentioned the changes that will appear in 2010. Things should get even better.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:09   #222
BHPian

I am owning GP Emotion Pack with 4500KMS done, so far its very nice. except that i noticed this saturday my rear wiper isnt working, not sure what happened. need to take it for a check up. except this there were no problems whatsoever so far and its becoming smoother and smoother.

the service guys are so far very reliable and friends.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:47   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
I am owning GP Emotion Pack with 4500KMS done, so far its very nice. except that i noticed this saturday my rear wiper isnt working, not sure what happened. need to take it for a check up. except this there were no problems whatsoever so far and its becoming smoother and smoother.

the service guys are so far very reliable and friends.
Srikanth,
can you pl. post how much it costs for the rear wiper replacement.
I found mine broken last night. it has got all the part but the cap which covers the nut is missing and i cant place the broken blade of wiper back.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:02   #224
Senior - BHPian

There's a spring that connects the wiper blade to the swivel arm. The spring was missing on mine ( the blade fell off ) and they replaced it free of cost under warranty. Cost was approx 300/-.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:53   #225
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks a lot .Anshuman for your very detailed report. I am a newbie to the site looking to buy a diesel hatch .... heart beats punto punto having seen it on the road but reports of the shabby interiors and poor service is pushing me towards the I20. Seeing your ownership report has given me more confidence in the car. Any punto owners from Mangalore just to ask about Automatrix the fiat dealer there .... Thanks once again
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks