Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 14:21   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice review. The parts are relatively well priced except for the Engine oil.
Which Mobil Engine oil did they offer @ 1075 per litre ?
selenia is synthetic oil and imported from italy, considering that i guess its price ~600/- per litre is ok, almost all synthetic oils are in this range only. All TASS have 0w40 mobil synthetic oil.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:52   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a call from Fiat regarding feedback of the ASC, i rated them poor so i got a call today from the Customer Relationship manager from the ASC (the same person i wrongly referred as Service manager in my previous post). The CRM was more of concerned for the rating than solving the issues. The CRM does not know a thing about car as stated in the previous post and one could make out easily that she makes unrealistic promises, the ones that mechanics in her ASC cannot fulfill. The sad part is the parts inventory is low on spares.

This is the same dealership where a fellow Bhpian's Adventure was stuck due to non availability of spares.

Quote:
Thanks, even i find the parts to be very reasonably priced. Those willing to cut costs can shift to mineral oil, other cars with the Multijet engines i.e Swift and Vista use mineral oil with the same engine.

I did not see the Mobil box properly, ill definitely note it on my next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
@.anshuman Please elaborate the issue with key. I didn't understand what the problem exactly is.
The folding mechanism in the Skoda like key has failed, the key gets stuck when closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
selenia is synthetic oil and imported from italy, considering that i guess its price ~600/- per litre is ok, almost all synthetic oils are in this range only. All TASS have 0w40 mobil synthetic oil.
Selenia is locally manufactured in India by Petronas. And i was given half a liter leftover oil, if the topup is required.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:19   #258
BHPian

Nice review Anshuman! I would advise you to take the car next weekend to ABS again. There is a FIAT First Service camp being organised all over India with Delhi-NCR towns being covered on 20th & 21 st Feb (check the link below).

Fiat India

The first one in Pune is on now and I have been told that senior officials were present for the entire day today to hear first hand customer feedback. May be its in Pune where these guys are based, but I am told senior FIAT guys will be travelling to all cities where the service camps are being held. I would suggest you provide your feedback on the spot to FIAT officials and let the dealer face the music.

I would be completing 15k kms in my Punto in another month or so and plan to take it to Rama Motors in Okhla. ABS is definitely out of my list now. Happy driving!
Old 13th February 2010, 21:31   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Nice review Anshuman! I would advise you to take the car next weekend to ABS again. There is a FIAT First Service camp being organised all over India with Delhi-NCR towns being covered on 20th & 21 st Feb (check the link below).

Fiat India

The first one in Pune is on now and I have been told that senior officials were present for the entire day today to hear first hand customer feedback. May be its in Pune where these guys are based, but I am told senior FIAT guys will be travelling to all cities where the service camps are being held. I would suggest you provide your feedback on the spot to FIAT officials and let the dealer face the music.

I would be completing 15k kms in my Punto in another month or so and plan to take it to Rama Motors in Okhla. ABS is definitely out of my list now. Happy driving!
Thanks for the information Sir, Please update us with your service experience here. I wont mind driving to okhla to get my beloved car serviced.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:38   #260
Senior - BHPian

thanks for update anshuman. 1.5 to 2 months to get the key from Italy! this is really very long!.

people,

how much time it takes for other brands like Honda,Ford etc for get key replaced under warranty. do they take as much as FIAT!

Last edited by recshenoy : 13th February 2010 at 21:39.
Old 14th February 2010, 15:29   #261
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread now - dude, your punto looks HOT!

It's completely revived my love for it's looks.

Nice ownership review.

Cheers!
Old 14th February 2010, 22:15   #262
BHPian

Quote:
all of them stock mobil 1 fully synthetic engine oil and rip you off when they sell it to you! you can buy the same oil from the distributor @ about 800 bucks a litre.

i use it in my safari and by god its worth the money you pay for it! (and for something like the safari which takes 7 1/2 litres, you pay a LOT of money for it!!! )

at the 15k oil change, my linea will also in all probability get the mobil 1 treatment too!
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:57   #263
BHPian

Are u finally going the petes way, I remember you said you would do so after 15k. Asking cause I'm thinking about petes as well and waiting for 15k t come by
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:17   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
all of them stock mobil 1 fully synthetic engine oil and rip you off when they sell it to you! you can buy the same oil from the distributor @ about 800 bucks a litre.

i use it in my safari and by god its worth the money you pay for it! (and for something like the safari which takes 7 1/2 litres, you pay a LOT of money for it!!! )
How can you tell the difference, Just by feeling the engine note? Anyways i feel Fiat recommended Selenia is a good enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Just saw this thread now - dude, your punto looks HOT!

It's completely revived my love for it's looks.

Nice ownership review.

Cheers!
Thanks you. Punto surely looks hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
thanks for update anshuman. 1.5 to 2 months to get the key from Italy! this is really very long!.

people,

how much time it takes for other brands like Honda,Ford etc for get key replaced under warranty. do they take as much as FIAT!
Even i find the 2 month waiting period for a Key very long. Imagine if i lose both the keys of my car, i wont be able to use my car for 2 months. And this is only a promised period, lets see how long it takes for the actual process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Are u finally going the petes way, I remember you said you would do so after 15k. Asking cause I'm thinking about petes as well and waiting for 15k t come by
I am getting a Pete's kit for sure, not sure how soon. If you get the box before me please remember to update us with a proper review.
Old 24th February 2010, 08:25   #265
Senior - BHPian

Just read your service experience. Just a few quick doubts

1. Did i read Rs.4200. Isnt the 15K service supposed to be free where you pay only for oil??
2. After a Maruti Service experience do you think what you and your friends experienced is acceptable?
3. Any regrets for moving from a Swift to a Punto?
Old 24th February 2010, 10:07   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just read your service experience. Just a few quick doubts

1. Did i read Rs.4200. Isnt the 15K service supposed to be free where you pay only for oil??
2. After a Maruti Service experience do you think what you and your friends experienced is acceptable?
3. Any regrets for moving from a Swift to a Punto?
1.Only the labour charges are waived off in case of a free service, unless the company offers some maintenance pack. So here i was charged for Oil, filters and consumables.

2.Service level compared to Maruti is not acceptable.

3.No, i dont have any regrets for exchanging my Swift with Punto. Punto overall is a much better car. This is a case of Better car vs Better service support. Thankfully the long service interval and trouble free nature of the car i wont have to visit them every now and then.
Old 11th March 2010, 00:41   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week annoyed of the not so good audio quality i changed the front speakers with the JBL components i took out from my Swift. The newly installed speakers distort at slightest hint of receiving any bass signals, i am sure its the weak HU output. The speakers desperately want an amplifier ASAP.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:26   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Update

Update: After close to 2 months of waiting my car's new key has finally arrived from italy(as told by SA). I got a call from the SA, since the car is out of town i wont be able to collect the key for atleast another 10 days as they new key will have to configured with the car.

The Key was ordered on 9th Feb,2010 under warranty.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th March 2010 at 16:28.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:49   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Last week annoyed of the not so good audio quality i changed the front speakers with the JBL components i took out from my Swift. The newly installed speakers distort at slightest hint of receiving any bass signals, i am sure its the weak HU output. The speakers desperately want an amplifier ASAP.
What model of the JBLs do you have? Mine sound fine on +2 bass up to volume level 14/15.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:58   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
What model of the JBLs do you have? Mine sound fine on +2 bass up to volume level 14/15.
I am not sure, but they are CS series components. The speakers feel underfed connected with the stock HU, Do you also feel the same? These same speakers sounded a lot better connected directly to Pioneer HU without an amplifier.

The Audi like daytime LED lamps you mentioned in your ownership thread are now available at most accessory shops.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th March 2010 at 17:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks