Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 10:26   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice review kpzen.

I think it works with the headlamps. In my Getz 1.3 GLX, the glove box is illuminated whenever the headlamps are on. The feature makes sense in the night when it is dark.
valid point and makes sense. but I remember some of the i20 buyers reported the bulb was missing.
Old 10th August 2009, 12:53   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum_77 View Post
Let me tell you my experience so far! Three dashed the driver side ORVM so far: 1 cycle (head on!), 1 motor cycle, 1 car (from behind at decent speed). There is not even a scratch on the ORVM! Its that rugged. When the car hit it from behind, I was certain the mirror is dead, but I was pleased to find out that the mirror can rotate all the way in the opposite direction too and so it does not break. I thanked God, honked at the driver and then moved on. Just love the ORVMs. I have started closing them now in heavy traffic (Holkar bridge jam in the Pune is one such example that I encounter everyday).

lol...i definately second your thoughts there. talking about the pune traffic....personally im from Mumbai and i visit pune quite frequently. Mumbai in itself is 1 big mess as far as traffic is concerned, but here....its just the sheer volume of cars on the road. Pune is a different story all together !! hehe....man...those guys on the 2 wheelers roaming around like insects with those masks on their heads....even if they dash into the rear bumper of the car...they stare at me and move on ahead as if its my mistake ! thats exactly y iv stopped getting big cars into pune....hatchbacks all the way! credit to you though..driving around in a brand new i20 in such a dangerous place for driving.hehe
Old 10th August 2009, 14:09   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum_77 View Post
Just love the ORVMs. I have started closing them now in heavy traffic (Holkar bridge jam in the Pune is one such example that I encounter everyday).
I agree. This electrically retractable feature is such a boon in chaotic traffic and tight parking situations. I wish this was standard on more cars. I really appreciate Hyundai - they could have skimped on several features that even many 9+ L cars don't have today.

Last edited by CBlazer : 10th August 2009 at 14:10.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:27   #214
BHPian

There is no instant or average mileage display on my petrol Asta. I dont rember seeing that in CRDi as well.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:22   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
valid point and makes sense. but I remember some of the i20 buyers reported the bulb was missing.
I checked with Hyundai and i got a reply saying,

Quote:
1. In i20, none of the variants has illuminated glove box.
2. Rear cooling ducts are below the carpet of the front seats
Quote:
Glove-box illumination cannot be retro-fitted.
Old 12th August 2009, 09:26   #216
Senior - BHPian

A fellow member tells me that the European i20 shows instant mileage and distance to empty readings. Is the same present in the Indian version? If not, can it be added through some firmware update or something?

I'm curious because, another member seems to have seen the mileage readings on it!
Old 12th August 2009, 11:01   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no instant or average mileage display on my petrol Asta. I dont rember seeing that in CRDi as well.
I don't think any of the i20 variants come with instant and average mileage display. It's really surprising.

See these links from Hyundai India's website:

i20 interior features.

i20 tech specs

MID shows the following:

- Outside temperature
- Digital Clock.
- Driving time.
- Calender (?!)
- Audio display
- Tripmeter.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:30   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't think any of the i20 variants come with instant and average mileage display. It's really surprising.

See these links from Hyundai India's website:

i20 interior features.

i20 tech specs

MID shows the following:

- Outside temperature
- Digital Clock.
- Driving time.
- Calender (?!)
- Audio display
- Tripmeter.

Yes i too am quite sure there is no instant mileage display in any i20 variant. Booked an a/t asta 1.4 a couple of weeks back and did quite some research before landing in on this 1. Went through the feature list ample no. of times and didnot see anything mentioned about instant average or mileage reading on any other websites apart from hyundai's homepage.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:33   #219
Senior - BHPian

Platz, were you able to get a test drive of the 1.4 AT? If you did, can you post a review?
Old 12th August 2009, 21:50   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Platz, were you able to get a test drive of the 1.4 AT? If you did, can you post a review?

no i havnt had a TD yet. as far as i know TDs havnt started in Mumbai. Expect further delays now as everything supposedly going to be closed for 7 days because of swine flu
Old 12th August 2009, 22:44   #221
BHPian

hi everyone, this is to inform that i am getting a mileage of about 14-15 kmpl overall including city and highway driving on my i20 crdi. the car has done about 2.5k kms and my delear tells me that the certain settings are to be made to the car to optimise the mileage. kindly post your opinions on that. thanks.
Old 12th August 2009, 23:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
hi everyone, this is to inform that i am getting a mileage of about 14-15 kmpl overall including city and highway driving on my i20 crdi. the car has done about 2.5k kms and my delear tells me that the certain settings are to be made to the car to optimise the mileage. kindly post your opinions on that. thanks.

i20 CRDi? have you posted your buying experience ,intial ownership reports, photos etc anywhere here?
Old 13th August 2009, 10:26   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mileage you are getting now is okay. But i think, once the car has run for a while, it may go up. Btw, pls post your initial ownership thread. We'd like to get some user feedback on the car. Congrats on the new car btw!
Old 13th August 2009, 11:23   #224
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
A fellow member tells me that the European i20 shows instant mileage and distance to empty readings. Is the same present in the Indian version? If not, can it be added through some firmware update or something?

I'm curious because, another member seems to have seen the mileage readings on it!
So after all what we get in India is not what they sell in UK. I was thinking that they were same. Now, I also see that, while we get Brown/Beige interiors (dash included), the UK versions get Black/Gray ones. The UK ones look really classy, and I would prefer them any day to the Indian ones.

Old 13th August 2009, 12:31   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are these 'certain settings' that the dealer will do to optimise mileage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks