Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:21   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Thanks @aks_karthik. The color & design was decided by decided by my wife. And I hope you agree, you cannot say NO to your better half.
No one in the universe dare to oppose his Better half's decision
At last,it's a matter of enjoyment with our own decision in colors and designs.
Hope,you too enjoy atmost with new addon.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:46   #167
BHPian

Quote:
@NutsNBolts - A speacial thanks to you. My wife saw your seat pictures and was very impressed with it. We earlier decided for black color but after seeing your pics, all got changed. Thanks to Sajith for accepting our change in color request at the last minute.
You are welcome Vinay. The actual credit must go to Sunilrj (don't see him active anymore on TBHP) and Ghostrider. It was only after seeing work on their Lineas' interior that I got the inspiration to go for Kaarlson. I think Kaarlson is offering more VFM than Stanley.
Old 24th December 2009, 01:42   #168
BHPian

Recently one of my friend has got his optra seats done in Karlsson. Just thought of sharing the pics of the work for reference for members who are planning to get their seat done:
Picasa Web Albums - sudhir - OPTRA MAGNUM ...
Old 6th March 2010, 19:07   #169

Hi, I seem to be confused about the year of manufacture. My VIN is MCA11071609013425ANZ. All the ino that I've been getting here is about 2009 cars. I'm supposed to get mine on 11 March 2010. Can someone tell me if this is a 2010 car or earlier? Many thanks.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:34   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capshai View Post
Hi, I seem to be confused about the year of manufacture. My VIN is MCA11071609013425ANZ. All the ino that I've been getting here is about 2009 cars. I'm supposed to get mine on 11 March 2010. Can someone tell me if this is a 2010 car or earlier? Many thanks.
Immediately put the query in technical stuff->Know your VIN thread. Wildon will help you in no time. I am getting my car on 12th and the last 3 digits are ANZ which indicates: Jan 2010 model.
Old 22nd May 2010, 19:56   #171
BHPian

My Black beauty has gone for second servicing after 11 months & 7300km.
Final Bill = Rs. 3618.
A/C Cooling not happening. Some a/c part needs to be changed and it will take one week for the part to come. Rest everything looks good
Old 14th December 2010, 19:40   #172
BHPian

Re: My Beauty ---> Fiat Linea- HipHop Black

Hi Vinay,

Long time since there is an update from you. Can you share some details please.
Old 25th January 2011, 00:53   #173
BHPian

Last night while coming back home, at a 90 degree right turn, my engine went off (my mistake of not using clutch properly) but what I noticed when engine went off was:
1. No power steering, so can't control the turn.
2. No power brakes, so can't stop it also.

Luckily, no one was following me or coming from other direction, so I started the engine & everything was normal again, but after coming home when I checked, I found that when switching on the ignition without starting the engine, there is no power steering. If I remember correctly, switching on the ignition without starting the engine allows to use power steering. Am I correct?

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 25th January 2011 at 00:55.
Old 25th January 2011, 08:51   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Last night while coming back home, at a 90 degree right turn, my engine went off (my mistake of not using clutch properly) but what I noticed when engine went off was:
1. No power steering, so can't control the turn.
2. No power brakes, so can't stop it also.

Luckily, no one was following me or coming from other direction, so I started the engine & everything was normal again, but after coming home when I checked, I found that when switching on the ignition without starting the engine, there is no power steering. If I remember correctly, switching on the ignition without starting the engine allows to use power steering. Am I correct?
Good to know that nothing happened to you. Even in my Punto, the power steering does not work if I just switch on the ignition. The engine has to be running for the power steering to work. Guess it's one more thing unique to FIATs. I have an i10 whose power steering works if you just switch on the ignition. Could it be because i10 has an EPS and Punto/Linea has a HPS? Don't know.
Old 25th January 2011, 08:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I remember correctly, switching on the ignition without starting the engine allows to use power steering. Am I correct?
No power steering and brakes get power only when the engine is running .
so never switch of the engine even at downward inclines inclines.
Old 25th January 2011, 09:47   #176
BHPian

This is the case with any vehicle with hydraulic power stearing. Where the engine powers the hydraulics.

I feel this is one reason why the linea engine feels lethargic compared to other MJD vehicles (Swift & Desire).

Dont know the set up for breaks.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:22   #177
BHPian

@praz, @ms001, @dsr_rpm - Thanks, not sure how come I felt that we can use steering with ignition ON. But good to know that there is nothing wrong with the car. Thanks once again. I am relieved

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks