Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:30   #61
BHPian

Looks great in Black as well.
Black is Beautiful , but can be painful cause Black attracts dust like moths to a light.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:42   #62
BHPian

vinay,

There are 2 schools of thought regarding this issue:

1) Seat-assembly is faulty/weak and hence its making seat go down automatically.
@vahanpujari, can you throw some light on this?
You were supposed to get the whole seat-assembly (not just the lever) changed na, what happened?

OR

2) The thigh is touching lever when coming out of car.
This is the way my issue being dealt. Its still pending, the Fiat parts vendor from bangalore was supposed to temporarily adjust the lever to a lower angle. Also I heard that Fiat is working on a new design for this lever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Friends,
Can some one advise me on whom to contact for the seat lever issue. I want to get my complaint registered with FIAT. Thanks in advance
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:51   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
1) Seat-assembly is faulty/weak and hence its making seat go down automatically.
@vahanpujari, can you throw some light on this?
You were supposed to get the whole seat-assembly (not just the lever) changed na, what happened?
Yes, but have been out of Mumbai since quite sometime now.
However, now I'm having 2nd thoughts of changing it. I'm not facing major issues like seat automatically going down while car hits potholes. It only happens in 2-3 days sometimes & on the same day other times. It also does not go down much but only 2-3 strokes (out of 12).

So, am really thiking what if the new seat assembly is not better. Apparently it seems there is no changes made yet in the design to rectify this. So there is always a risk that the new seat may have same or even worse issues. Will have to first confirm only then will change

Vinay - Shoot a mail to Fiat on support ID, & other imp customer support staff in Bangalore & South Region. Check my thread, Geeash had suggested me some mail IDs from south. They'll respond & then you can take it forward from there
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:38   #64
BHPian

I have sent a mail to Service@fiapl.com with Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com in CC. I reported two issues :
1) Seat height issue
2) Seat Belt warning light issue

Will update if I get any reply.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I have sent a mail to Service@fiapl.com with Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com in CC. I reported two issues :
1) Seat height issue
2) Seat Belt warning light issue

Will update if I get any reply.
having owned the vehicles that appear in my signature below, i have to really admire Fiat Customer Service, who reespond to every single query. i remember emailing Aashish @fiat about headlamp upgrades, availability of Blaupunkt Subwoofer / ISO standard adapter for the head Unit, availibility of Mudflaps and other car care accessories and he has never disappointed me by not replying.

on the same lines when i mailed Maruti for some problem i got an automated reply.

when my new icon had a flooding footwell problem and i emailed ford they didnt respond until i threatened them of Consumer Court proceedings.

TATA Customer service doesnt understand the query Most of the time Probably since they are new to e-resolution of problems
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:21   #66
BHPian

Just wanted to check how ACC will work in semi-automatic mode. Few things I noticed and wanted to know from owners, is it the way it is supposed to work.
1. The A/c had 3 are distributional switch on dashboard - Towards Window, Towards Body & Towards legs. The system don't allow me to switch on Window and body together. When I switch on the window, body will go off and vice-versa. It works fine with legs. Hence, I cannot switch on all 3 together.

2. I remember owners discussing and informing that ACC will remember the last setting if I switch on & off through OFF button. But in my car, when the re-circulation is on, and I click on OFF to switch off the AC and then switch on again by click OFF, everything is set back except re-circulation. It doesn't get switched on.

Not sure whether this is they way it has to work or some issues are there. Don't want to take it to TASS for this now. Can someone advise.

Meanwhile, I checked the manual and it says all 3 can be switched ON together.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 2nd August 2009 at 21:22.
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:21   #67
BANNED

Quote:
1. The A/c had 3 are distributional switch on dashboard - Towards Window, Towards Body & Towards legs. The system don't allow me to switch on Window and body together. When I switch on the window, body will go off and vice-versa. It works fine with legs. Hence, I cannot switch on all 3 together.

Meanwhile, I checked the manual and it says all 3 can be switched ON together.
Yes. Manual says any combination of those 3 Air directional flow buttons can be used. Have not checked the Window button yet manually. THough when you press the defogger switch, Window button automatically turns ON & body directional button goes off. When you stop defogger, the earlier situation resumes automatically

Quote:
2. I remember owners discussing and informing that ACC will remember the last setting if I switch on & off through OFF button. But in my car, when the re-circulation is on, and I click on OFF to switch off the AC and then switch on again by click OFF, everything is set back except re-circulation. It doesn't get switched on.
Recirculation won't be remembered & needs to be pressed everytime
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:11   #68
BHPian

Thanks VP for confirming about Recirculation switch.
Did anyone checked the Issue 1 in their car ??? Can anyone just check and advise

Old 4th August 2009, 16:47   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VP for confirming about Recirculation switch.
Did anyone checked the Issue 1 in their car ??? Can anyone just check and advise

The ACC has 3 directional air flow switches which open directional air flows. only two can be used in a combination. that ie. face / feet, feet/ windshield. this is because of the single controller inside the blower setup which shuts out face and opens window. it can be compared to a 3 sliding windows which has three shutters. at any point of time either 1 and 2, 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 can be opened. similar is the case with the ACC on the linea. all three can be used separately is what the user manual says.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:36   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The ACC has 3 directional air flow switches which open directional air flows. only two can be used in a combination. that ie. face / feet, feet/ windshield. this is because of the single controller inside the blower setup which shuts out face and opens window. it can be compared to a 3 sliding windows which has three shutters. at any point of time either 1 and 2, 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 can be opened. similar is the case with the ACC on the linea. all three can be used separately is what the user manual says.
No, Sunil. Vinay is aksing about his other query as well. He's saying Window direction can not work alongwith body OR feet-direction buttons. He says if he press Window button, the body OR Feet direction button goes off & Window-direction button works alone only.
Will have to check this as I think Manual says the windiw direction works alongwith body OR feet directional flow together.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:03   #71
BHPian

vinay. I checked it in my Linea today. its the same as yours.
Agree with sunil's observation too.

- You can select only two directions at a time
- up+down, center+down are the only valid combinations
Old 4th August 2009, 21:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
vinay. I checked it in my Linea today. its the same as yours.
Agree with sunil's observation too.

- You can select only two directions at a time
- up+down, center+down are the only valid combinations
Neo! having owned a Linea and having examined at least 15-20 Lineas in the past 3 months for very specific problems that the TASS's had doubts about i can safely start a Linea/ Punto help Line soon! tho not toll free! . like i said earlier it can be only two combinations at a time, for the reasons and example given in the previous post of Mine
Old 5th August 2009, 13:32   #73
BHPian

Got the call from my dealer for Seat & other issue which I haven't shared it till now. I have written about the seat going issue and FIAT wants to check the seat assembly to make sure that it is not the lever issue.
Second issue is of my roof fabric. It is sagging downwards and FIAT has decided to change it. Don;t know what exactly they are planning to do or how they are going to change it. But just thought to share this issue with all LINEANS
Old 5th August 2009, 21:04   #74
BHPian

regarding the ACC not remembering the settings here is some more info. if the ACC isnt switched off using the OFF button, and is kept on Auto it will remember the recirculation setting also.
Old 5th August 2009, 21:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
regarding the ACC not remembering the settings here is some more info. if the ACC isnt switched off using the OFF button, and is kept on Auto it will remember the recirculation setting also.
Is it advisable to start the engine with ACC "on" ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks