Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 19:19   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
I am sending my vehicle tomorrow to workshop. Will tell them the burning smell issue also.
One thing I noticed is which I am not sure how it is in other Linea car. When I turn on the ignition, the seat belt warning light(no buzzer, I understand it is not available in Emotion) blinks for a minute and then goes off even if I haven't put the seat belt. Does it function like this in Linea.
In other cars, it will keep on blinking until you have put the seat belt.

Please advise?
I have emotion pack wherein seat belt light glows the moment I turn on the ignition without fastening seat belt & remains on till I fasten belt

dont know about emotion variant
Old 19th July 2009, 19:32   #47
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The car looks stunning in black. If you maintain her well, I'm sure she will still draw stares like the MAG's black Swift!

Congrats on your buy!
Old 19th July 2009, 22:09   #48
BHPian

Thanks GPA for your wishes. With your good wishes, I hope I will be able to maintain it well. I learnt in last few days that it is tough.

Well I am noticing issues one by one and this one again which was reported earlier by one of the Linea owner, don't remember who. But it is happening frequently in my car.

Before I start my drive, I set the seat height to the highest. But when I finish my drive and it is back to the lowest. Did the Fiat solved this issue in the cars this issue was reported. Please advise whom in Fiat to be contacted for this issue.
Also, my car don;t have the towing opening at the back bumper. As my car is having a manufactoring date of April, thats the reason of not having it. If I remember correctly, other cars of April is also not having it.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 19th July 2009 at 22:10.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:28   #49
BHPian

The problem is the lever is too long & too high: While getting in/out of car the thigh is touching the lever (you can hear the click each time)
Fiat is in the process of changing design of this seat-height-adjut lever.
Maybe the'll have a recall in probably 1-2 months.

Mine is a Mar manufacture, mine doesn't have this either. IMO car looks betetr without it.

Quote:

Before I start my drive, I set the seat height to the highest. But when I finish my drive and it is back to the lowest. Did the Fiat solved this issue in the cars this issue was reported. Please advise whom in Fiat to be contacted for this issue.
Also, my car don;t have the towing opening at the back bumper. As my car is having a manufactoring date of April, thats the reason of not having it. If I remember correctly, other cars of April is also not having it.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
I enquired the price of Linea today and Concorde provides 15K discount and nothing else. Not even mats.. I remember it was 7.90 L OTR for emotion 2 months back which is 8.10 now after discount in Bangalore.

Also, sales manager told that fixing a parking sensor will void warranty of electricals. Is that true? Anybody enquired about it?
I agree. Prerana is giving better deal with 3M paint protect and 50% disc on 3m premium range sunfilm as freebies along with mudflap+floor mats+ car perfume.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Ask him the exact model number for this?
Is it 3M: RE, SP series ?

SP: entry-level films
CS/RE: premium films
CR: High-end films
These are the options: CS-5/20/35, RE-35/70, FX-ST (Charcoal) - 20/35/50 and FX-HP (Charcoal) 50.

Which one should i go for? It is only for the 4 side windows (not for the front/rear windshield)
Old 21st July 2009, 18:40   #52
BHPian

I have the EmotionPack and checked out the seat-belt buzzer today without wearing seat-belt.
Warning indicator keeps blinking till about 1-2 minutes. After that it stops blinking, but remains ON.

Quote:
When I turn on the ignition, the seat belt warning light(no buzzer, I understand it is not available in Emotion) blinks for a minute and then goes off even if I haven't put the seat belt. Does it function like this in Linea.
In other cars, it will keep on blinking until you have put the seat belt.

Please advise?
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:43   #53
BHPian

Update on my Car
Y'day, I sent my car for accessories. Driver from Prerana came and took it. Came back with Sunfilm, Mudflap, Number Plate.
Now the story:
Last sat, I spoke to my sales guy for accessories. He suggested that 3M CS35 will be good. I told him that I will check and get back. Monday Car was not picked as promised, called the sales Mgr and came to know that Sales guy is on leave. He promised that the car will be collected next day morning i.e. Tuesday. Meanwhile, I called up 3M Bangalore office and came to know that RE35 & RE50 is better.
Tues morning, I called up the sales mgr when driver came to pick up the car. Told him that I want 3M RE50. He said he will take care of it. Till 2 PM, no update. Called up the Sales Mgr and he connected me to a person at their accessories shop. He told me that they have added 3M CS35 sunfilm. I am shocked Called up the Sales Mgr and he also showed his surprise. Then came to know that Service guy (the one gone missing on Monday) has written 3M CS35 is my job card. He said he will check and try to replace it. Then a conference call arranged by Sales Mgr with Sales guy and me. Sales Mgr said that he can change it but removing CS35 might leave some scratch on the glasses. I was not sure and then check the 3M site and based on it told him not to do anything. Don;t want to take any risk.
Also, to my surprise he said that he will not do the sunfilm on rear as it is having defogger. Not sure about his logic but don't want to spoil my head again. So said Ok to him.
Finally Car came back at 8:30 PM in the night and found number plate is not fixed and brought by other guy from the showroom. They fixed it at my place.

I wanted to put the reverse sensor in the car but accessory guy had Xenos Camera based and some Circuit-i sensor based parking. He suggested to go ahead with Circuit-i which I said no. After the 3M issue, I don;t want to take any risk on this also.

Based on discussion I had here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...update-12.html, I said NO to Dupoint Teflon Coating offered by dealer. I wanted to do 3M PP which they said they can;t do it. Can someone help me to connect to shop/dealer where I can get 3M PP done.

Also, I spoke to Red Soul reverse parking distributer in bangalore. He said that their person will come and do the installation at home. Getting it done from them directly, will it be safe? Can it void the warranty as it is not done by dealer.

I wanted to contact FIAT for my driver seat issue. I spent some time today checking this issue and found that whenever my car goes through humps or pot holes, the seat comes down in small clicks. Its not the issue of leg hitting the lever. and yes also for the issue of seat belt warning light
Can someone pass me the details of the FIAT Quality person whom I can contact for these issues.

And finally sorry for such a long post and someone felt bored

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 22nd July 2009 at 23:45.
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:24   #54
BHPian

After a long post, my beauty's photo (before it went for accessories)

My Beauty ---> Fiat Linea- HipHop Black-linea-pooja-19-july-2009.jpg

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 23rd July 2009 at 00:26.
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:52   #55
BANNED

Nice way of posting Pics, vinay

Enjoy the Chico Italiano
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Mate The CR 50 and CR-70 are the premium sunfilm in 3M which i have put in my car. just check out my thread redrose linea and ask them to put the same. It is the best film available at this point of time. I have attaches a xls file also which compares the sunfilm based on tser/ irr/ uvr. just check it out
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:38   #57
BHPian

@vinay,

Though RE35 is better than CS35 in the TSER ratings, it is more darker.
So probably CS35 is a better bet to avoid cops.

I have put RE35 on all glasses and rear wind-shield by the way.
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Update on my Car
Y'day, I sent my car for accessories. Driver from Prerana came and took it. Came back with Sunfilm, Mudflap, Number Plate.
Now the story:
Last sat, I spoke to my sales guy for accessories. He suggested that 3M CS35 will be good. I told him that I will check and get back. Monday Car was not picked as promised, called the sales Mgr and came to know that Sales guy is on leave. He promised that the car will be collected next day morning i.e. Tuesday. Meanwhile, I called up 3M Bangalore office and came to know that RE35 & RE50 is better.
Tues morning, I called up the sales mgr when driver came to pick up the car. Told him that I want 3M RE50. He said he will take care of it. Till 2 PM, no update. Called up the Sales Mgr and he connected me to a person at their accessories shop. He told me that they have added 3M CS35 sunfilm. I am shocked Called up the Sales Mgr and he also showed his surprise. Then came to know that Service guy (the one gone missing on Monday) has written 3M CS35 is my job card. He said he will check and try to replace it. Then a conference call arranged by Sales Mgr with Sales guy and me. Sales Mgr said that he can change it but removing CS35 might leave some scratch on the glasses. I was not sure and then check the 3M site and based on it told him not to do anything. Don;t want to take any risk.
Also, to my surprise he said that he will not do the sunfilm on rear as it is having defogger. Not sure about his logic but don't want to spoil my head again. So said Ok to him.
Finally Car came back at 8:30 PM in the night and found number plate is not fixed and brought by other guy from the showroom. They fixed it at my place.

I wanted to put the reverse sensor in the car but accessory guy had Xenos Camera based and some Circuit-i sensor based parking. He suggested to go ahead with Circuit-i which I said no. After the 3M issue, I don;t want to take any risk on this also.

Based on discussion I had here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...update-12.html, I said NO to Dupoint Teflon Coating offered by dealer. I wanted to do 3M PP which they said they can;t do it. Can someone help me to connect to shop/dealer where I can get 3M PP done.

Also, I spoke to Red Soul reverse parking distributer in bangalore. He said that their person will come and do the installation at home. Getting it done from them directly, will it be safe? Can it void the warranty as it is not done by dealer.

I wanted to contact FIAT for my driver seat issue. I spent some time today checking this issue and found that whenever my car goes through humps or pot holes, the seat comes down in small clicks. Its not the issue of leg hitting the lever. and yes also for the issue of seat belt warning light
Can someone pass me the details of the FIAT Quality person whom I can contact for these issues.

And finally sorry for such a long post and someone felt bored
Hey Vinay,

Congrats for your black beauty again! Sorry to hear that the dealer put a different sunfilm. I am getting my Linea delivered next week. So i will make sure that he puts the right sunfilm (I am also going for RE50).

1. By the way, how much did he charge for 4 windows?
2. He told me that the so called "Teflon" is actually done by 3M. In that case i would go for it, with a warranty if possible. Otherwise i have to re-think.
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:41   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaysurfs View Post
Hey Vinay,
He told me that the so called "Teflon" is actually done by 3M. In that case i would go for it, with a warranty if possible. Otherwise i have to re-think.
I think 3M doesn't do "Teflon" like treatment. their treatment is different & I guess its called Paint Protection Treatment. Check with the dealer exactly the treatment. If its Paint Protection treatment, its good. Its a "nice-to-have" rather than a "Must-Have"

I've decided to go for it after a year when the inevitable swirl marks & small scratches would develop.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:14   #60
BHPian

@Ajay
1. I paid Rs.2500 for 4 windows. But came to know from 3M distributer that for 4 window price is Rs 3200 and with rear it is Rs 4250 incl of labor charges

2. Well, I got it confirmed from Prerana Accessories team that it is Dupoint Teflon. They don;t do 3M PP. Mr. Ashok is either confused or not aware.

Friends,
Can some one advise me on whom to contact for the seat lever issue. I want to get my complaint registered with FIAT. Thanks in advance

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 23rd July 2009 at 15:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks