Old 8th July 2009, 11:00   #91
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics dude , i stole one.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I would not blame you. I keep visiting this thread to see the beauty again and again.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:32   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Black and white in the background and that red in the foreground makes for an awesome sight. Impressive photos!

Shifting at 3k revs for a diesel is not worth it. You are nearing red line, and you are only making the car consume more fuel. But wait, gears 1 and 2 are short, and the moment you press the accelerator, the revs are already at around 3k. I had this problem when I test drove the Linea. One of my friends who had owned an Octavia Diesel suggested that I keep the lower gears only to get the car to roll on and then do all the magic in 3rd gear. I believe 3 is very flexible in Punto. It was, in the Linea.
Yes 1st and 2nd gears are short. So what rpm should I shift? Am slowly getting a hang of the car now. Infact, even am using the 1st and 2nd gears to get the car rolling and picking up in the 3rd. Ill drive sedately today and lets see what results out of it. Ill shift at 2-2.5k rpm. Fine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
No problemo Glad you liked them.

Last edited by furioussphinx : 8th July 2009 at 11:34.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:41   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Yes 1st and 2nd gears are short. So what rpm should I shift? Am slowly getting a hang of the car now. Infact, even am using the 1st and 2nd gears to get the car rolling and picking up in the 3rd. Ill drive sedately today and lets see what results out of it. Ill shift at 2-2.5k rpm. Fine?
Guys owning Linea JTD and Punto JTD can correct me if I am wrong. Based on the very short Linea test drive, I feel it is good if you can shift it up quickly from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 within 2-2.5k rpms. I am assuming that GP has a flexible 3, akin to Linea. In that case, you can just go along in 3 starting from 25-30 kph.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:50   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Guys owning Linea JTD and Punto JTD can correct me if I am wrong. Based on the very short Linea test drive, I feel it is good if you can shift it up quickly from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 within 2-2.5k rpms. I am assuming that GP has a flexible 3, akin to Linea. In that case, you can just go along in 3 starting from 25-30 kph.
Agreed. I can even start from standstill in 2nd gear. The 1-2 shift is done at very low speeds and 2-3 shift, I never observed. But yes, the car can pull from really low speeds in the 3rd with ease.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:27   #96
Senior - BHPian

man oh man! pure eye candy here!

congrats for the car, she's really pretty! I need to get one ASAP!

cheers
Old 8th July 2009, 12:43   #97
BHPian

Amazing pictures dude. They make me love the car more and more.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:07   #98
BHPian

Sagar, good on you, Good purchase.

Have the festivities stopped as yet? Hmmm... Have you gotten out of your car as yet, or still driving around trying to complete the run-in period?
Old 8th July 2009, 13:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

Amazing photography man! But Punto looks better with fog lights, chrome grill and body colored mirrors & door handles.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:28   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

EXCELLENT photos! The subject is very photogenic too!
Old 8th July 2009, 13:28   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Sagar, good on you, Good purchase.

Have the festivities stopped as yet? Hmmm... Have you gotten out of your car as yet, or still driving around trying to complete the run-in period?
Yes the fiesta fever has begun wearing out. Am sure it will be spruced up once again when the ice is in. You know what good music does to me Will be going to SriSailam next week. So expect a few more pics and ofcourse a few more kms on the odo.

Btw, I got a call from Concorde or Fiat the other day asking me about the car and I gave a thumbs up. When they asked me about the showroom ambiance and service, I told all the grievances faced and about my pathetic experience with the pathetic dealers. And now, I just got a call from Concorde and these guys are sounding desperate to get me to sign a letter saying that am happy with the experience. It seems that call actually created some kind of hungama there. Sounds good for them. Ill be going for the registration tomorrow most probably and I wont sign the damn letter till I get the RC in my hands with the right name and my Insurance papers after all the necessary corrections are done. After I get also, I really dont think I will sign it. Lets see. They told they will mail me the letter. Will put it up here once I receive it.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:29   #102
BHPian

Excellent photos mate. Really like your style. What camera did you use?
If you could PS a train in the background (the picture with Punto on tracks), it would make a nice thriller
Old 8th July 2009, 15:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

I'm speechless looking @ the pics.Awesome job u did there.
usually i stay away from RED,but ur ride attracts me.
keep them coming
Old 8th July 2009, 15:35   #104
BHPian

excellent photos dude. i already have it as my wall paper. I never tought red GP would be mind blowing.! adding to ur photographic skills its anyone would red is the best color in GP. keep posting more pics.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:20   #105
BHPian

I have a small doubt regarding the Punto Emotion and Emotion Pack. Carwale website says Emotion Pack = Emotion + Air Bags+ Blue & Me + Alloy Wheels + Auto AC whereas the TATA dealer confirms even after repeatedly asking that Emotion Pack = Emotion + Blue & Me + Alloy wheels only. Airbags and Auto AC are available in Emotion too. Please clarify.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks