Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 22:35   #181
Senior - BHPian

The car looks wicked as always mate.. and the HSRP complete the looks.... soo whats next, are we looking for ICE pics Frankyboy.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 19th August 2009 at 22:38.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

ICE coming up in a couple of weeks. Maybe first week of September.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:48   #183
Senior - BHPian

Neat

I have always used these embossed aluminium plates (never knew they were called high security plates) and have always found them to be durable, neat, elegant and they do add a certain 'look' to the car. The 1.6S definitely looks better with these.

Guess the car will become a 1.6 S + 1.4 ICE = a 3.0 !

Cheers
Old 20th August 2009, 02:28   #184
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The snap locks are optional. You can buy those if you want for extra. Since there is no regulation as of now they are not mandatory.

Basically if you try to remove the plates after they are fixed the nut breaks. Once the nut breaks there is no way to remove the plates from the bumper. Unless you break the whole thing.

I got a quote for Rs.850 from Utsav. 2 plates 500mmX120mm.
Firstly, Congrats on the beauty!
I got HSRPs from Four Seasons on my New Laura for 1800/- with normal screws and very roughly skilled labor.
They not only screwed up my rear plate reflective taping while drilling holes but also made four holes in four corners of my front plate without asking me.
Laura has four holes in-line for front plates, so he suggested making four holes in the front bumper to fix the plate. I refused and instead he made two new holes in the centre of the plate and fixed the front plate.
Luckily, i had some of the reflective white tape (same one) at home and so successfully covered the four voids in the corners of the plates :(
He overcharged me and screwed up my plates!
Old 20th August 2009, 11:23   #185
BHPian

Awesome car! Wish you a lot of miles in it. Can you let us know the final on road price and discounts if any ?
Old 20th August 2009, 18:25   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Firstly, Congrats on the beauty!
I got HSRPs from Four Seasons on my New Laura for 1800/- with normal screws and very roughly skilled labor.
They not only screwed up my rear plate reflective taping while drilling holes but also made four holes in four corners of my front plate without asking me.
Laura has four holes in-line for front plates, so he suggested making four holes in the front bumper to fix the plate. I refused and instead he made two new holes in the centre of the plate and fixed the front plate.
Luckily, i had some of the reflective white tape (same one) at home and so successfully covered the four voids in the corners of the plates :(
He overcharged me and screwed up my plates!
sad to hear that. you can always request for a new set. they anyways have a margin of 400% or more on each plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Awesome car! Wish you a lot of miles in it. Can you let us know the final on road price and discounts if any ?

final on road price is less than that of a Ford Fiesta ZXi with 'last car' discounts from Shaman Ford.

ok guys, finally managed to snap up some photos of the 'plates at the rear. also, took her for a long spin today and dirtied her! some photos of the grime on her too ;-)

PS: sorry for bad photos. they are courtesy my nokia e63. also, please excuse me if the photos are in any random manner. uploading these from my phone directly. sorry for that.
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009005.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009006.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009007.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009008.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009009.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009010.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009013.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009014.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009015.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-20082009016.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 20th August 2009 at 18:29.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:59   #187
Team-BHP Support

Enjoy washing the car Frank.

Try and use only water or with light Sonax shampoo. Over the weekend I am also planning on applying a coat of plain wax from Sonax. This will help keep the water away and will not leave behind too many swirl marks.
Old 20th August 2009, 19:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

the watchman washes my car daily. in my society, if someone sees me washing the car, they will definitely think I am hit by recession. The watchman uses water ONLY to wash the car. So it's perfectly safe. In fact, a shower tonight will do the job even better than the sleepy man!

Last edited by frankmehta : 20th August 2009 at 19:03.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:37   #189
Senior - BHPian

just got my tank topped up with REGULAR IOC petrol. Average was poor, as expected, since most of my driving is in the city and the car is new. Also, havent got a chance to stretch her legs much, so got an average of 8 kmpl. Filled 40 L and did 320 kms.
BAD average, but worth the smiles ;-)

Also, wanted to ask 2 questions:
1. WHEN should I start using Iftex System G? (or equivalent)
2. I don't mind tanking up with Premium fuels like SPEED or POWER. Should I do that? Or is Regular Unleaded + System G fine
3. What is the recommended tyre pressure for the fronts and rears? Ford recommends 36 and 41 for a loaded car with 4-5 passengers (front and rear respectively). I have 30 in front and the rear. What Pressure is recommended?
Old 20th August 2009, 22:56   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
just got my tank topped up with REGULAR IOC petrol. Average was poor, as expected, since most of my driving is in the city and the car is new. Also, havent got a chance to stretch her legs much, so got an average of 8 kmpl. Filled 40 L and did 320 kms.

2. I don't mind tanking up with Premium fuels like SPEED or POWER. Should I do that? Or is Regular Unleaded + System G fine
3. What is the recommended tyre pressure for the fronts and rears? Ford recommends 36 and 41 for a loaded car with 4-5 passengers (front and rear respectively). I have 30 in front and the rear. What Pressure is recommended?
8 kmpl is abit too less...but as you said the smiles are worthy ever penny u spend..I normally use Speed for my cedia. Just a suggestion.. whichever fuel you use, try to stick to one, just dont keep changing them..

tyre pressure..30psi would give a much comfortable ride..32 would make it your ride a bit bumpy but you will see a marginal increase in fuel efficiency.. I wont reccomend more than 32.. dont know how ford recommeds 36 and 41... I am kinda shocked, havent heard these figures for any sedan tyres..though it wont result in anything more than a really hard ride with new tyres..it can be dangerous with older tyres as they may blow off at speed.

In between..I havent got a clue.. but whats Iftex System G?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 20th August 2009 at 23:01.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:45   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If Ford recommends using system G or any other additive, start from day 1. If Ford gives no such recommendation, do not use the additives on a regular basis but add them to a tankful every 2000 to 5000 km. The "premium" fuels are nothing but regular petrol with the System G premixed in them.

I have found Shell ULP to be of consistent quality. Among the premium fuels IOC Extrapremium is the best as it has a higher octane no. @ 93 RON. The ultimate kick comes from Speed 97 which is 97 octane petrol and retails at Rs.68/- a litre. With 97 octane running in its veins the engine feels completely different, almost as if it magically acquired a few 100CC additional capacity. I started on 97 octane and it took great will power to wean myself off it! (The car and I went through cold turkey for a few weeks after that).

Stick to the recommended tyre pressures. On an upsize a marginal reduction (not more than 2 psi) should do the trick. For long highway runs increase from the normal pressure by a maximum of 2 psi is recommended by the tyre gurus.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 20th August 2009 at 23:47.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have found Shell ULP to be of consistent quality. Among the premium fuels IOC Extrapremium is the best as it has a higher octane no. @ 93 RON. The ultimate kick comes from Speed 97 which is 97 octane petrol and retails at Rs.68/- a litre. With 97 octane running in its veins the engine feels completely different, almost as if it magically acquired a few 100CC additional capacity. I started on 97 octane and it took great will power to wean myself off it! (The car and I went through cold turkey for a few weeks after that).
I some where read that 97 and 93 are for performance cars and normal cars in India have the compression ratio tuned according to India fuel.. so a 93 or a 97 wont make a big difference..but I may be wrong.. If it does make a diffference I would love to get my cedia filled with 97..I guess it costs 61 here in Delhi.
Old 21st August 2009, 00:18   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I some where read that 97 and 93 are for performance cars and normal cars in India have the compression ratio tuned according to India fuel.. so a 93 or a 97 wont make a big difference..but I may be wrong.. If it does make a diffference I would love to get my cedia filled with 97..I guess it costs 61 here in Delhi.
What you have read is quite true. High performance engines need high performance (RON) fuel. Indian cars are de-tuned to accomodate poor quality fuel. This means running a high performance (high compression) engine on low RON or poor quality fuel would ruin the engine. There is nothing to show that running a low performance engine on high quality or high RON fuel would ruin the engine.

I have also read (and been told) that running my engine on 97 RON would actually reduce the power output, not increase it. Unfortunately , my engine cannot read!

As they say: the proof of the pudding is in the eating. When your tank is almost dry, top up with 97 RON and see if there is a difference, if there is a difference - the next question is, whether you like it. If you do like it, the zinger is - whether it is worth it at Rs.60+ per litre. This increase in price is almost one third and IMHO the additional zing 97 RON adds to a regular car is not worth a 33% additional expense on fuel.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 21st August 2009 at 00:22.
Old 21st August 2009, 01:15   #194
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to try 34 on both front and rear. Not more. Will post the results soon....
Old 21st August 2009, 09:53   #195
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Frank,

I would recomend not using system G or premium fuel. These cars are specifically configured to cope with the low octane fuels in india. As long as you get unadulterated regular petrol it should be just fine. System G with do nothing but bog down your engine's performance. I have tried it with my esteem and corolla and have had disastrous results.

As per the 8kmpl dont worry about it just try not to make the engine knock or strain the engine(low speeds in higher gears) for about 5k to 6k and then the FE will come up on its own. You car needs some time to get used to your driving style.

Tyre pressure for 195/60/r15 is 32psi and since yours are 205/55/r15 (lower profile) 32 psi will be easier on the tyres and your back. My corolla (heavier then the fiesta) had 205/60/R15 and 32psi did the job quite well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks