Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 14:43   #166
Senior - BHPian

thank you abhinav!!!

@ shreyas: yes, there will be noisekill in a lot of places in my car this time. LOL. i will definitely have noisekill put behind the plate.

The sub is going to definitely cause a lot of such problems, since I will be giving it about 1400 W of PURE RMS power. but who's complaining ;-P
Old 19th August 2009, 15:41   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
just got my number plates. very good service. paid 1200 for a set of 2 no. plates and 4 self fastening screws.
here are the photos.
Those are the snap locks i.e. you break the head of the screws after you fix the plate so that no one can remove the screws. This used to be available earlier with the Studds helmet lock that came for bikes.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:59   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sub is going to definitely cause a lot of such problems, since I will be giving it about 1400 W of PURE RMS power. but who's complaining
Somehow I am not that fond of HSRP, may be I am yet to get convinced of its looks. How come both are the same size ? Dont we have a different size for the rear space ?

About the sub and that 1400 W pure power, I think FORD will get some idea from your car on the next face-lift atleast of the rear of fiesta .
Old 19th August 2009, 17:22   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I think FORD will get some idea from your car on the next face-lift atleast of the rear of fiesta .
The all new Ford 1.6 S, 'frankmehta' edition!! Go Fida!!
Old 19th August 2009, 18:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Those are the snap locks i.e. you break the head of the screws after you fix the plate so that no one can remove the screws. This used to be available earlier with the Studds helmet lock that came for bikes.
yea, they are pretty cool looking, and a simple but secure concept. if only the maharashtra state govt woke up and fixed these on all cars.

i haven't used these though. WHat if the govt says that they need the plates to be fastened in the presence of an official? my plates will get wasted if that is the case. so better to be safe than sorry

i found out. if you want to remove the plate, you gotta break it and then ply it out. no other option.

Quote:
Somehow I am not that fond of HSRP, may be I am yet to get convinced of its looks. How come both are the same size ? Dont we have a different size for the rear space ?

About the sub and that 1400 W pure power, I think FORD will get some idea from your car on the next face-lift atleast of the rear of fiesta .
the HSRP looks hot on the car. look at photos after my reply to raamkiji.

as for the size, the govt has mandated 2 sizes. one is for the bigger cars and the other for sedans and smaller cars with smaller number plate recesses.
the square (larger) one won't fit in the stock location.

and yea, i am going to witness what 1400 W of RMS power and a HUGE subwoofer like the GTiW12 will do to the poor boot of the S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
The all new Ford 1.6 S, 'frankmehta' edition!! Go Fida!!
Hehe. More like Vigsomji suggested. frankmehta 1.6S. lol

HERE, security no. plates on the front. Couldn't click photos of the rear, since my building parking didn't permit me to go behind the car.
will post rear shots later. (the rear looks much sexier now, and I will AGAIN stress, that number plates make a HUGE difference in the looks of a car. I have always been a fan of slightly fancy number plates and I never leave the stock ones on.)
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009010.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009009.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009008.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009007.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 18:36   #171
Senior - BHPian

Wow, it looks great. My doubts are thrown to the wind. Now eagerly waiting for the 'rear-impact' after the ICING.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:38   #172
Team-BHP Support

Did you snap off the locks after installing the number plates, or left them as it is, just in case you would require to remove them later?
Old 19th August 2009, 18:45   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, it looks great. My doubts are thrown to the wind. Now eagerly waiting for the 'rear-impact' after the ICING.
the number plate at the rear will be removed and damping material will be applied on to its rear. so the impact will be thoroughly reduced.

the HSRP does look hot, and adds to the Euro flavour that the car brings with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Did you snap off the locks after installing the number plates, or left them as it is, just in case you would require to remove them later?
I didn't install the snap locks. As i mentioned, the plates might be removed to damp them. Also, the government might make it mandatory to install in front of an official, so not putting on the snap locks till the final decision by the state.

HERE GUYS, OUR OWN CLUB:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1440153

Last edited by frankmehta : 19th August 2009 at 18:47.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:49   #174
BHPian

@ Frank, nice pics man. Just one observation. I see a small sqaure opening next to the right front fog light? whats that for?
Old 19th August 2009, 19:09   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

@ashish: I believe that would be a tow-hook.
@Frank: Car looks superb. Where did you get these number plates from and for how much?
Old 19th August 2009, 19:11   #176
Senior - BHPian

yes, it's a tow hook ashish. But i fear for the amount of time, that little plastic will remain. People in Mumbai steal anything that can be removed from the cars. The monograms and the roof mounted antenna are also on the list. Not to forget the gorgeous caps on the alloys.

@lamborghini: got it made for Rs. 1200 from Utsav. the number of the person is 09870290010

Last edited by frankmehta : 19th August 2009 at 19:13.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:18   #177
BHPian

Quote:
just got my number plates. very good service. paid 1200 for a set of 2 no. plates and 4 self fastening screws.
here are the photos.
Super!! they complete the look of your beasta now!! I didnt get those snap locks though, just a set of 4 ordinary screws!! will look for them over the weekend, makes sense to have them!!

Last edited by raamki : 19th August 2009 at 19:25.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:27   #178
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss this thread man!

Congrats on this awesome purchase

The upgrades have been very neatly done and the number plates do compliment its looks.

My car is still touch wood man, not even the sunfilms have been put on
Old 19th August 2009, 19:48   #179
BHPian

Congrats Frank, thats a nice and clean writeup. Just loved the way you narrated it . Those HSRP just adds to the look of the car . I am thinking of getting HSRP on my car as well.
Old 19th August 2009, 21:24   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Super!! they complete the look of your beasta now!! I didnt get those snap locks though, just a set of 4 ordinary screws!! will look for them over the weekend, makes sense to have them!!
thanks raamkiji! the snap locks are lying with me. will use later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
How did I miss this thread man!

Congrats on this awesome purchase

The upgrades have been very neatly done and the number plates do compliment its looks.

My car is still touch wood man, not even the sunfilms have been put on
thanks man. i remember having a look at your S and being DEAD sure that I want one. the sxi and zxi were out of the equation the moment I saw your beauty. glad to know you've maintained it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Congrats Frank, thats a nice and clean writeup. Just loved the way you narrated it . Those HSRP just adds to the look of the car . I am thinking of getting HSRP on my car as well.
thanks sir. appreciate the words.
the HSRP makes a lot of sense. aesthetically and security wise. its not a bad idea to go for them.

here are some photos of the HSRP at night. Sorry I couldnt take them in the day. Will post better pictures tomorrow. for now here's the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009025.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009026.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009027.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009028.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009029.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-19082009024.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 19th August 2009 at 21:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks