Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 14:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Frank. Awesome write up buddy. The excitement is all over your post. White Fiesta S is droooolllll. I dont think you have mentioned OTR price.
Old 9th August 2009, 14:59   #32
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i made my dad read this and he said that it means, this was our car from the day it was made! lol..
haha that's a good one. well im happy for you man. besides the reason i was unsure was, because i am smitten by the aquarius 1.6s. the huge discount did tempt me but im going to hold on for more time and go for the aquarius.

Old 9th August 2009, 15:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil
Those NCT5s are crap. Take it off and get a set of S drives or PP2s. Straightaway
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM
you are right, the NCT-5's will be going out and will be replaced with PP2's of the same dimensions.
PP2s come in 195/55/R15?
Old 9th August 2009, 16:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Frank. Great car. I have left a post on your other thread about this car i.e. the 'which version' thread.

Cheers and happy driving.
Old 9th August 2009, 18:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
congrats frank on buying the best driver's car.

I thought that the 1.6S only came in the "aquarius blue". Does it come in all colors as well?

Any reason why the dealer gave such a huge discount, considering it is quite a new stock.
Also that Autocar sticker is kind of raising a redflag. Make sure you get the full story as to why it's there. Hope it wasn't gone on some extended testdrives by autocar magazine.

I am not trying to scare you. Just make sure, you never know with these dealers.
Congrats Frank on your new Baby! ofcourse i am referring to the fiesta S.

frank, could you elaborate on the volume of Discount given to you.

neo traveller i have a bad experience with ford. i bought the Josh machine 1.6 ZXI petrol, and was given a handsome discount of 60K on the list price. little did i realise that the car was on the way out of the manufacturers future Plans at that time. this was in May. Come November and i had the shock of my Life when i was told Ikon 1.6 is being Discontinued . it so happens that when a model is discontinued, the news of it being discontinued is itself enough to knock of a couple of lakhs from the resale price. Ultimately when i decided to sell the vehicle the next year, the offer i got was 2.5-3 lakhs even when i wanted to exchange it for the Fiesta. and i never ever looked at Ford as an option when i thought of changing my cars! ever since i learnt it the hard way. when discounts offered seem unrealistic stay away from the car! the manufacturer might be clearing out his stock!

In the Instant case, there is buzz about the new Ford Fiesta Hitting the road soon! could be a case like mine again!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 9th August 2009 at 18:44.
Old 9th August 2009, 18:56   #36
BHPian

Congratulations Frank! That's an awesome ride! Now we're all expecting that you're gonna soup it up just as it deserves to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
i never ever looked at Ford as an option when i thought of changing my cars! ever since i learnt it the hard way. when discounts offered seem unrealistic stay away from the car! the manufacturer might be clearing out his stock!
This happens with almost every manufacturer and every model. No need to hold a grudge against Ford for it.
Old 9th August 2009, 19:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
This happens with almost every manufacturer and every model. No need to hold a grudge against Ford for it.
I beg to differ Sirji! if it had happend in the US or any other european country Ford would have set it self up for legal Suits for Improper Disclosure!

AFAIK in many countries the companies make a disclosure when the product is at the end of its lifecycle so that only those persons who are interested in purchasing a soon to be Vintage product or Phased out can purchase it and enjoy the benefit of discounts and rebates!

in my case i even spoke to the product Incharge for Karnataka at that time, who categotically stated that the model would not be discontinued for atleast 2 years! ofcourse he left the company 2 months later
Old 9th August 2009, 19:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations frankmehta for your new Ford Fiesta S.

i wanted to buy this car about 2.5 years ago when i moved to Bangalore
but my very frequent travel made me drop my new car buying decision.

Ford Fiesta looks stunning, it has grood handling, if maintained well, FORD cars are excellent and indeed a driver's car.

once again congraturations, post your delivery, initial ownership experiences

what accessories you are planning ?
Old 9th August 2009, 19:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sunil , he has mentioned that the dealership is closing its association with ford and hence the discount.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:40   #40
BHPian

Frankie, Congratulations on your new Ford, boy! This car is a stunner from the outside, a ravishing beauty from inside (ok, forget my poetry), but I am really happy for you man!

Have fun and enjoy her to the hilt! This is one car that will give you plenty of cargasms, ICE or no ICE! Btw, Ford Fiesta will most likely be my next car in a couple of years.
Old 14th August 2009, 01:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

In a surprising turn of events, my CARGASM is going to be delivered tomorrow. The registration was completed today, and I would like to thank Shaman Ford for the speed they showed. It needed a dozen phone calls though, but they were patient each time.

My baby is going to be delivered tomorrow by 11 AM, and I shall be driving her straight to the Michelin showroom, where I shall be fitting 205/55R15's on her. All but one of the NCT-5's will be exchanged for Michelin Pilot Preceda 2's (thanks Ishan) . After this, I shall be moving to the Garware Showroom and getting Garware Ice Cool and Garware Classic films fitted on the windscreen and the windows.

ANY TIPS ABOUT FILM ON THE DEFOGGER? PLZ ADVICE AGAINST IT, IF NOT RECOMMENDED. I DONT WANT A BROKEN/MALFUNCTIONING DEFOGGER FROM DAY ONE AS I FEEL IT'S A USEFUL THING TO HAVE IN THE MONSOONS.

The registration no. has been given to us via telephone, and we are happy with the efficiency shown by Shaman Ford. They have also told us, their service centre at lalbaug will stay open. Volkswagen, Honda and Ford will be serviced there, in 3 different lines. So that was nice to hear.

Last edited by frankmehta : 14th August 2009 at 01:35.
Old 14th August 2009, 08:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ANY TIPS ABOUT FILM ON THE DEFOGGER? PLZ ADVICE AGAINST IT, IF NOT RECOMMENDED. I DONT WANT A BROKEN/MALFUNCTIONING DEFOGGER FROM DAY ONE AS I FEEL IT'S A USEFUL THING TO HAVE IN THE MONSOONS.
congrats buddy.

there will be no issues if you have a film on your rear glass, the defogger will be functioning as required. i have it in my innova & scorpio & there are no problems at all.
Old 14th August 2009, 08:20   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Absolutely no problems with the tints on teh rear glass. The only way you will damage the defogger is if you forget to turn off the defogger. Due to the heat the tints melt and then you have a problem. As long as you take care no issues.

I've had 3M tints for 4 years with no issues. I use the defogger rarely.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:39   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

PP2s dont come in 195/55 R15. At least officially.
Old 14th August 2009, 11:20   #45
BHPian

i have tints on the rear and had no issues to date!
btw,congrats again and waiting to see pics and ICE too!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks