Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 02:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 1.6S Frank, white looks really nice. Welcome to the Ford Family I am sure you will have a whale of a time.
Old 9th August 2009, 02:44   #17
BHPian

And once you get the car do update all of us on the mileage part as well.... I love this car....
Old 9th August 2009, 02:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Frankmehta, congrats.
Fiesta Sporty S looks damn sexy in white. I never thought Fiesta looks so good in White.

One question - what has Autocar to do with Ford ( i am referring to the sticker )??

Happy and safe driving.

thanks! the autocar sticker has been washed out, and says, Ford Fiesta S: best driver's car under 10 lacs. This is quoted from an Autocar issue. hence the autocar sticker. These come on all S's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Wow, congrats on the booking. Its one of my most favorite cars too. The coming few days will be a pain to wait for the beauty to come home. Nice writeup best I like the test drive..
i will surely write about my experience with the S. you are DEAD right. The next few days are going to be a pain. in fact, the reason why I am writing this reply to you right now is, I was just researching on some ICE experimentation for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats buddy. I too think that the understated looks of the Fiesta is its winning point. It looks great without being in your face. Tell me is the "S" version a Diesel or a Petrol?? Sorry im not very aware about this.

I feel in this particular segment, there are only three cars that look good in white; the Fiesta, the Linea and the Verna. The rest look like wannabe Dons dressed in White!!

So enjoy your new steed and let me tell you the car has got some real Butch looks!!
cheers Gogi paaji. White is very regal, and in this case, makes the car look better than what it actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Wow man, wow! S in White looks fantabulous!!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Congrats For the new Fiesta pal. Hope you get it delivered soon and start enjoying it. Waiting for the review after delivery.

Could you share what was the on road price you got it for?

Cheers
i shall share the on road price after I get the delivery. Hope youll can wait till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Congrats Frank! The S is quite a looker, apart from the Fiesta's tinny rims. Take good care of her, and have fun. Was thinking that I'd finally stop getting multiple status updates on FB about your test drives and car questions. Now status updates of pics and on-road reviews I guess, eh? Atleast now I'll get to look at a nice-looking car every morning
My fb updates are gathering more flak than anything else. non-car lovers (read: all the chics) are making a hue and cry over the no. of car related updates I have, and how many maniacs like you'll come and comment every single time! I say, we repeat this, and increase our intensity. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats!! It looks great in white.
it sure does. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Beautiful write up ..... but an even better car there.And most of your observations during the elimination process are agreeable.

The Fiesta 1.6 S is the most under rated car in India and and even more surprisingly, on a forum like ours which is meant for enthusiasts. I just loved that car and I think that Ford really made a bold move by being the only manufacturer to provide a pure driver-centric car, something that is so uncommon in this day and age where car companies purely concentrate on the mass market's requirements. Unfortunately, for Ford its not worked and an awesome car is not getting its deserved attention. For people who call themselves driving enthusiasts, dont consider yourselves one till you've driven the Fiesta 1.6 S. Its the best driver's car in the C segment. Period.

Anyways, frankmehta, enjoy that beautiful white beauty of yours and treat her well. and awaiting a detailed set of pictures, write up and ownership experience. Good Luck!
appreciate the really kind words. will have better pictures next time, since these are mobile photos. Rest assured, you will see UMPTEEN photos of the S when I start clicking with my ultrazoom. You might JUST get tired of seeing them.
You are right, this is the FIRST car in India, that is actually tailored to make it a sports version. ECU, suspension etc. This is not a limited production run or export surplus like the Zen carbon/steel etc. its a SERIOUS sports car to cater to the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
It flies franky, it flies!! very well written review, congrats again buddy!!
thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Congrats frank,
the car looks amazing!
As a fellow fiesta owner, we haven't faced any issues in the last 50Kkm, except one or two rattles and a faulty A.C. compressor. The car has seen some bad roads, some fast roads, and has never disappointed. Ford vehicles are indeed built tough.
Didn't understand about the interiors though. I liked the dashboard quality and design more than that of the Verna and SX4.
Rear seats are cramped for sure, but being 6'2", i love the amount of travel offered in the front seats.
If we had to replace our fiesta today, the S would definitely be on the top of the list.
i meant, the quality is good, the execution isnt. it just looks dated now. quality is way better than verna and SX4, i totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
congrats frank on buying the best driver's car.

I thought that the 1.6S only came in the "aquarius blue". Does it come in all colors as well?

Any reason why the dealer gave such a huge discount, considering it is quite a new stock.
Also that Autocar sticker is kind of raising a redflag. Make sure you get the full story as to why it's there. Hope it wasn't gone on some extended testdrives by autocar magazine.

I am not trying to scare you. Just make sure, you never know with these dealers.
the s comes in all colours. just that the order has to be placed in advance.
the dealer gave me a large discount as they are going out of business and this was the LAST S they had.
I have explained the autocar bit in my first post.
thanks for noticing and intimating me. I took the photos earlier for the same reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Congratulations on adding a Ford to the family, trust me you wont regret it. I have always noticed that Ford's stock ICE is quite quite better then any of their counterpart. You should rate the stock ICE as well.
wish I could do that. But alas, My ice will be waiting to go in. Next day, probably. Who knows, actually. Might have some upgrades, so might stick it out with stock ice for the timebeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Wow frank congrats on the new car and awesome write up!
cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats on the 1.6S Frank, white looks really nice. Welcome to the Ford Family I am sure you will have a whale of a time.
wish i enjoy my stint in the ford family. and ford must maintain its faithfullness to us car lovers by churning out such versions of all their cars!
Old 9th August 2009, 02:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

congrats frakny ford fiesta S one of my fav. cars,so do i expect you to give me a "pullimunchi treat" soon
Old 9th August 2009, 03:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Expect it jald se jald! As soon as I get her, we will take her to meet Harish puttar.
Old 9th August 2009, 09:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

great car frank bhai... the car is a stunner, rocking in white. great choice, kudos.

now i am waiting to see your thread in the T-BHP ICE section!
Old 9th August 2009, 09:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

frankmehta, congrats on your white fiesta, S seems to be perfect driveable car from fords given to us, and underrated too, looks awesome in that shade.Keep updating and waiting for its delivery and to hear more from you.
Old 9th August 2009, 10:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Frank, she looks deadly

Will be keenly following your ownership thread - as & when we look for a replacement for our 1.6 SXI (3.5 years, 80k kms), the 1.6S will also figure on our shortlist. So.......keep us posted
Old 9th August 2009, 10:40   #24
superveloce

hey congrats frankmehta. just yesterday i drove behind a white fiesta s down the western express highway. the sight of this car makes me go weak in my knees.
i think you made the best choice, there is no better enthusiast's car today imo available in india. oh and i think i know you must have gotten a really sweet deal on this particular fiesta s. i was at shaman last week and i was offered this white s at a discount of about 50-55grand odd. come to think of it i almost beat you to it.
congrats again and put up some really nice pictures of the white beauty once you take delivery.

Old 9th August 2009, 10:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.6S is a brilliant car to begin with. I thought if someone buys the S it should be in blue ONLy. But you changed my mind! It looks superb in white.

Now, first thing to do when you get the car is to change the tyres. Those NCT5s are crap. Take it off and get a set of S drives or PP2s. Straightaway! Even before the ICE!
Old 9th August 2009, 11:02   #26
BHPian

Hey Doc congrats!!a great buy!!this is the best drivers' car in that price range!!

I too am contemplating to buy this car very soon-any idea if the engine is Euro 4 compliant or will it re-tuned when euro 4 norms kick in next april?
Old 9th August 2009, 11:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking car Frankie. Hope you get delivery soon.I really dont have more to say since we already have had a few disussions on the S. I think the S looks great in any colour actually, there is a black one in my building looks awesome.

And when you get the car a treat at Mocambo is due
Old 9th August 2009, 11:51   #28
BANNED

Congrats once again Frank. Nicely written. White looks good on most cars, but a lot of people don't buy it because it's "Non-Metallic". Surprisingly, it's easier to maintain a white car compared to other colours.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
great car frank bhai... the car is a stunner, rocking in white. great choice, kudos.

now i am waiting to see your thread in the T-BHP ICE section!
thanks Raj. ICE is also getting a small change. Will update that thread when the work begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
frankmehta, congrats on your white fiesta, S seems to be perfect driveable car from fords given to us, and underrated too, looks awesome in that shade.Keep updating and waiting for its delivery and to hear more from you.
yes, I am waiting for it too. My Esteem just went today, so all the more excited to get the new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Frank, she looks deadly

Will be keenly following your ownership thread - as & when we look for a replacement for our 1.6 SXI (3.5 years, 80k kms), the 1.6S will also figure on our shortlist. So.......keep us posted
the S is pretty much the hard edged version of the SXi. If you want comfort, get the new SXi premium. Pretty luxurious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
hey congrats frankmehta. just yesterday i drove behind a white fiesta s down the western express highway. the sight of this car makes me go weak in my knees.
i think you made the best choice, there is no better enthusiast's car today imo available in india. oh and i think i know you must have gotten a really sweet deal on this particular fiesta s. i was at shaman last week and i was offered this white s at a discount of about 50-55grand odd. come to think of it i almost beat you to it.
congrats again and put up some really nice pictures of the white beauty once you take delivery.
i made my dad read this and he said that it means, this was our car from the day it was made! lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The 1.6S is a brilliant car to begin with. I thought if someone buys the S it should be in blue ONLy. But you changed my mind! It looks superb in white.

Now, first thing to do when you get the car is to change the tyres. Those NCT5s are crap. Take it off and get a set of S drives or PP2s. Straightaway! Even before the ICE!
you are right, the NCT-5's will be going out and will be replaced with PP2's of the same dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hey Doc congrats!!a great buy!!this is the best drivers' car in that price range!!

I too am contemplating to buy this car very soon-any idea if the engine is Euro 4 compliant or will it re-tuned when euro 4 norms kick in next april?
I have no idea about that. I am pretty sure they can tune this engine for Euro 4. Hope they dont kill its USP by detuning it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice looking car Frankie. Hope you get delivery soon.I really dont have more to say since we already have had a few disussions on the S. I think the S looks great in any colour actually, there is a black one in my building looks awesome.

And when you get the car a treat at Mocambo is due
Mocambo/Harish treat soon!!!! Thanks for all the advice. I went to the Chikle Phata stockyard that day after talking to you. Think it was the right choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Congrats once again Frank. Nicely written. White looks good on most cars, but a lot of people don't buy it because it's "Non-Metallic". Surprisingly, it's easier to maintain a white car compared to other colours.
thank you. I agree. It's a total myth that White is a difficult car to maintain. I think it's easier to maintain than black, and it's not plagued by any fading issues. I prefer whites on my cars. I don't mind if it's non metallic. By the way, Ford's website lists it as Metallic. LOL
Old 9th August 2009, 14:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

'Cargasm'?? Hey, that's a nice term!! Now we 1.6 owners can have a 'corgie'!

Congrats once again, Mark!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks