Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:07   #31
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
So does it mean (91 octane) a regular petrol or the 'premium' stuff?
I think ImmortalZ mentioned that regular unleaded petrol is 91 octane.

Quote:
Even I am confused. In fact some people suggest changing the oil within first 30-40 km itself. This link on this team-bhp thread. Here we have Honda manual saying not to do it before 5000km!!
My feeling is that it is better to go with the manufacturer's recommendation -- they know best what they have put under that bonnet, and also what oil they have put in the engine to begin with.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the manuals for the other current Honda India cars spell out the same bar on changing the oil at 1000kms?
Old 3rd September 2009, 06:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Having quickly been spoilt by using USB sticks in my cars, I have realized how convenient it is - has anyone figured out how to get the Jazz to use one? I know it has an aux input, but the one on the i 20 is not so good. If connected to it via an apple cable, it does not show any information on the HU and has to be operated like a shuffle via the HU, with the interface on the ipod getting disabled. What is the story of the aux/ipod on the Jazz?
For the i 20, supposedly a cable has to be bought from Hyundai to enable the full ipod user interface to work when plugged into the aux port. Is this the same story in the Jazz?
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:59   #34
BHPian

Nice to the point ownership review. I also like the jazz.. but havnt test driven it yet. I had a 'dekho' from the outside when one was parked and also peeked into the glass house. Looks quite nice. Ive seen these as the fit in Singapore and they are quite versatile. I think its an awesome 'city family car' if honda gets the pricing right. Its a tad on the higher side. Considering one for my better half in the future.. keep us posted on your experiences.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:58   #35
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Having quickly been spoilt by using USB sticks in my cars, I have realized how convenient it is - has anyone figured out how to get the Jazz to use one? I know it has an aux input, but the one on the i 20 is not so good. If connected to it via an apple cable, it does not show any information on the HU and has to be operated like a shuffle via the HU, with the interface on the ipod getting disabled. What is the story of the aux/ipod on the Jazz?
For the i 20, supposedly a cable has to be bought from Hyundai to enable the full ipod user interface to work when plugged into the aux port. Is this the same story in the Jazz?
I do not have an ipod, so have not tried it. All I have done is connected my Nokia N series phone with an audio cable to the aux in port and played music from there. As far as I can figure out from the manual, this is all you can do with the present version of Jazz. But the manual does talk of an usb port and usb adapter cable and in versions equipped with that, one can use memory sticks and ipod interfaces.
Old 4th September 2009, 15:41   #36
BHPian

My Jazz finally reaches Chennai. PRI done. Thanks to Team-BHP I knew that it should be done. Now waiting for registration and delivery. And yes, i am lucky to get Michelins.

Here is first pic of my new ride in the showroom. Taken from my mobile. Next one's would be better.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-040920091321.jpg  

cpyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2009, 18:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
My Jazz finally reaches Chennai. PRI done. Thanks to Team-BHP I knew that it should be done. Now waiting for registration and delivery. And yes, i am lucky to get Michelins.

Here is first pic of my new ride in the showroom. Taken from my mobile. Next one's would be better.

Congrats Cpyder. Pls start a new thread on your ownership. Jazz looks really good in this shade.

I have a query for you - when you buy through CSD, do you have the option of choosing your dealer or is it through a predefined set?

Looking forward to more pix and enjoy your ride.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:10   #38
akp
BHPian

Quote:

That is a lovely color. This was my initial choice too. But when we looked at our combined priority list, the deeper shade of blue won over.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats Cpyder. Jazz looks really good in this shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
That is a lovely color. This was my initial choice too. But when we looked at our combined priority list, the deeper shade of blue won over.
I thank you for your appreciation. Actually that was the shade of the vehicle that came in for test-drive and we loved it. We thought this color best suits its futuristic styling. Gives it that spaceship look.

Quote:
Pls start a new thread on your ownership.
Oh sure, i will start my own thread. Not good to hijack someone else's. I would do that right after I get my delivery. Because, technically, I still do not 'own' it.

Quote:
I have a query for you - when you buy through CSD, do you have the option of choosing your dealer or is it through a predefined set?
About CSD thing, there are some dealers who handle the CSD sales. They would usually have one or two executives to look after these sales. Somewhat like Corporate Sales guys. I think it is more to do with the dealerships themselves rather than the CSD as such. I mean there does not seem to be a CSD-dealer partnership.
Old 5th September 2009, 18:21   #40
BHPian

My toyota Altis do not recommend oil change at first service! It is suggested to change at first service (10k/1year). After much of thoughts, I did not do the oil change at 1st service. Typically the manufacturer does testing of engine and the oil is drained before it is delievered to customers.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:09   #41
akp
BHPian

Here are a few photographs I managed to take yesterday and this morning. Will post a few more later.

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090905125004_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090905125040_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090905125100_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090906083252_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090906083402_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090906083447_scaled.jpg
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2009, 12:08   #42
BHPian

it's b-e-a-utiful

Needless to say, it's beautiful.

From the front for a second it looked like my blue i20 - the shade is almost identical and the two lines on the hood above the H-logo converging towards the H - i20 has that too.

Congratulations once again!
Old 6th September 2009, 12:25   #43
BHPian

Switch to Michelin Primacy LC tires and you'll notice a further improvement. You may have to pay a small difference given the 2500 odd kms you've put on your tires already.

Good choice on the brand of fuel. It is around 89-90 Octane (don't believe everything IOC tells you) BUT thats 2 points higher than HP/ BP so called premium fuels. I recommend this fuel as a great compromise to most modern car owners who dont want to spend the extra bucks on 93 Octane.

Small suggestion: once your free oil changes are over, switch to synthetic oil and a K&N air filter. Honda motors love lower friction and more airflow!
Old 6th September 2009, 12:38   #44
BHPian

The car looks beautiful in that shade. The jazz looks most appealing viewed from side. Isnt it? Congrats again.
Old 6th September 2009, 14:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Here are a few photographs I managed to take yesterday and this morning. Will post a few more later.
Congrats AKP : You have a good looking car made better with the accessories. Can you post some pics of the interiors also pls. Drive safe.

Quote:
About CSD thing, there are some dealers who handle the CSD sales. They would usually have one or two executives to look after these sales. Somewhat like Corporate Sales guys. I think it is more to do with the dealerships themselves rather than the CSD as such. I mean there does not seem to be a CSD-dealer partnership.
Thanx Cpyder for the input. Looking forward to more pics of your drive. (both interiors & exteriors).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks