Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 00:34   #91
akp
BHPian

Thanks coolmel.

I have switched to fully synthetic along with a change in oil filter, at the time of the third service, which was at 8413 km. It was what Honda dealers use, the Honda motor oil. Now that you mentioned it, I will find out at the time of my next service whether using other brands affect warranty. I very much doubt it though. As long as you use the same grade that they recommend, you should be fine.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:55   #92
BHPian

Alright! Otherwise the Mobil1 usually lasts for 10 to 15000 kms with some still left. Now that you have crossed the ton mark, you can try things but again the warranty comes in the picture. Can you ask your service guys about this oil thing? Will help us too

I too started a thread a little while back to decide between the Jazz & the City...still hovering, have driven both cars now. YOur take will be the Jazz right?!
Old 27th March 2010, 19:48   #93
Team-BHP Support

Great review and awesome pictures! We took delivery of our Jazz yesterday and needless to say, it's a fantastic car! I still have to write a lot more on it and take some better pictures!

All the best and wish you many miles of joy and happiness!
Old 27th March 2010, 20:48   #94
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Alright! Otherwise the Mobil1 usually lasts for 10 to 15000 kms with some still left. Now that you have crossed the ton mark, you can try things but again the warranty comes in the picture. Can you ask your service guys about this oil thing? Will help us too
Even though synthetic may last 10/15k km, from what I picked up from some other threads in the forum is, it is advisable to change your oil after 7/8 k km in Indian conditions, even if it is synthetic; which is what I plan to do. Anyway, I will certainly ask them next time I go to the workshop.

Quote:
I too started a thread a little while back to decide between the Jazz & the City...still hovering, have driven both cars now. YOur take will be the Jazz right?!
When I bought mine, I had a budget of 8L in mind and only looked at cars within that budget. City exceeded that budget, so I didn't look at it seriously (At the showroom though, the Civic almost bowled us over; but eventually resisted the temptation and stuck to our original plan). I never even test drove the City. So I can not really compare the two and suggest one. What I can do is tell you about my experience with Jazz, which is what I have been doing in this thread. Needless to say, so far I have been extremely happy, not just in the city, but on the highway as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Great review and awesome pictures! We took delivery of our Jazz yesterday and needless to say, it's a fantastic car! I still have to write a lot more on it and take some better pictures!

All the best and wish you many miles of joy and happiness!
Thanks Suhaas. And congratulations on your Jazz.

I did go through your thread on selecting your hatchback. You did a great job managing to hold the attention of a lot of people for a long time there! Noticed your ownership thread just now.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:23   #95
BHPian

AKP: any updates on the oil buddy?? eagerly waiting..
Old 1st April 2010, 18:43   #96
akp
BHPian

Quote:
AKP: any updates on the oil buddy?? eagerly waiting..
A small weekend trip to Himachal coming up next week; will probably take the car for service after that. I will update you as soon as I have the info.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:45   #97
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2010 at 15:30.
coolmel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:06   #98
akp
BHPian

Well, it has already been there once. Here are a few shots from our November trip to Chail.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20091114_125116_cimg2322.jpg  

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20091114_143336_cimg2348.jpg  

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20091114_223030_cimg2363c.jpg  

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20091115_075916_cimg2368c.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2010 at 15:30. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 21:51   #99
BHPian

akp: waaaah! awesome awesome snaps...loved the light rays one and the fresh drops on the car. LOVELY combo indeed. The blue color looks simply smashing.

Bring on more

btw: how was the hill drive now? am sure it must have improved courtesy the synthetic oil.

Last edited by coolmel : 6th April 2010 at 21:52.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:07   #100
BHPian

Quote:
btw: how was the hill drive now? am sure it must have improved courtesy the synthetic oil.
Yeah me too waiting for you hill drive report.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:09   #101
BHPian

Hey AKP... sorry for my bad sms typographic error. BY THE WAY hows the drive now after switching to fully synthetic oil?? Must have become even smoother.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:05   #102
akp
BHPian

Quote:
akp: waaaah! awesome awesome snaps...loved the light rays one and the fresh drops on the car. LOVELY combo indeed. The blue color looks simply smashing.
Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Yeah me too waiting for you hill drive report.
The trip is coming up this weekend. Will update after that.

Quote:
BY THE WAY hows the drive now after switching to fully synthetic oil?? Must have become even smoother.
As I mentioned on page 6, I felt a change roughly around the 6000 km mark. This was before I had put in synthetic, which was at around 8500 km. It has been feeling more and more smooth ever since, but it is difficult to say whether it is because of synthetic, or because of the engine putting in more on the odo (possibly both).
Old 8th April 2010, 16:27   #103
BHPian

akp, the pics look super cool. For an instance it reminded me of Sylvester Stallone from the film Rocky. The dew drops gave an appearance akin to the boxer in the boxing ring in the middle of a tough fight, sweating it out....
Old 16th April 2010, 18:32   #104
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
akp, the pics look super cool. For an instance it reminded me of Sylvester Stallone from the film Rocky. The dew drops gave an appearance akin to the boxer in the boxing ring in the middle of a tough fight, sweating it out....
Thanks vnk77. Thats quite some imagination!

Well, we have been back from a trip to Narkanda. The car did its job without any fuss, as it has been doing in all our previous trips. All I did was a customery check of various fluid levels and a visual inspection of the tires on the eve of our journey.

The trip was quite hectic - we started on saturday morning, reaching Narkanda in the afternoon. On the second day we drove to a few places and on the third day it was the journey back home. Altogether it was just over 1000 km. And over a duration of 67 hrs, we were on the road for about 33 hrs. However, except for the first day when we were keen to reach by early afternoon, we were pretty relaxed and never in a hurry. Stopped whenever we wanted, whereever we wanted.

Started with full tank, filled up somewhere in Dharampur, then on the third day on our way back near Kiarighat, and finally after reaching back home. FE figures were 16.29, 12.86 and 18.44 respectively. The middle one should have been a little higher. Going by the position of the fuel indicator at the time of filling and also looking at the tripmeter FE reading, I feel the fuel dispenser had been tampered with. Overall FE was 15.48. All these were with AC on most of the time.

NH22 by and large was very good - you can drive at 50kmph, even at 60kmph at most places, but the roads are twisty, which means you have to use gears 3 and 2 most of the time. We faced some bad roads between Chail and Kufri, and climb to the Hatu peak in Narkanda was a very steep one.

Two points, one positive, one negative. The A-pillar is not well-suited for curvy mountain roads. Every time you bend right, you have to move your head to have a good look at the road ahead. On the other hand, decent turning radius along with the positioning of the wheels at the four corners of the body makes the car easier to maneuver at hair-pin bends.

There is another thing that I noticed, nothing to do with hill drive - something I observed earlier. If you are going slow, say in 1st or 2nd gear, and you switch on the AC, you feel a surge in power! Yes, you read it right, not a drop, but a surge. I thing the car electronics make sure that as soon as the AC is switched on, there is increased fuel supply to the engine, and that leads to the feel. Very useful feature.

Here are two pictures, one somewhere near Chail and one at the Hatu peak.

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20100410_124552_cimg3292.jpg
Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20100411_104000_cimg3370.jpg

And here are two videos taken during our drive back on NH22.

Old 24th May 2010, 18:25   #105
akp
BHPian

Fourth service update

Got the fourth service done today, at 13690 km.
Jobs done:
  • tyre rotation,
  • cleaning of air filter, dust & pollen filter,
  • wheel balancing,
  • (wheel alignment not done because the person who does it was absent; planning to get it done from a tyre shop)
  • various checks,
  • top up break fluid and clutch fluid,
  • washing.
(oil not changed, as I had put synthetic during the last service, which was a little over 5000 km earlier)

Total cost:
  • wheel balancing + weights: 300+24 + taxes,
  • service: 650 + taxes,
Total: Rs 1074/-
(Strictly speaking, one should also include the cost of wheel balancing, which is another 400/-, as it was supposed to be done in this service)

Other than this, there is not much to report. The car is running absolutely fine. We are planning to take it again to Himachal next month for a 8/9 day trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks