Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 16:56   #136
BHPian

hi, did you manage to get the USB port installed for your jazz?
Old 12th March 2010, 16:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

no, i didn't. it cannot be done.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:02   #138
BHPian

ok, tell me one thing, as a owner of both punto and jazz for about six months, which one do u find better as overall? which one would you recommend more apart from price factor?
Old 12th March 2010, 17:02   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
for the first time in 6 months, nobody was at home, so I had a good time and hence,ripped my jazz for a good 43 km trip and average howered between 9.4-9.5 kmpl.
Otherwise, the car gives 15-16 kmpl in my dad's sedate driving style.
Why would you rip a stationary car to its redline?
Old 12th March 2010, 17:19   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
no, i didn't. it cannot be done.
Its a pity. The music system does not even have a remote. How Honda makes us yearn for those small niceties in a car :(
Old 12th March 2010, 17:42   #141
Senior - BHPian

revved just to see how far it can go.

forgetting the price, of course, the jazz is a far better car to drive and own.Count the feel good factor in the jazz.
Old 12th March 2010, 20:12   #142
BHPian

Nice to have you back Sid - on this thread after a break of 2 months.I was wondering whether the initial euphoria of getting a Jazz had worn off! Do keep us updated on its performance.
Was just watching the AUTOCAR SHOW comparison of hatchbacks Polo,Fabia,Punto, i20 yesterday.Got me wondering why JAZZ is getting the grand ignore.Surely its a great car - at the end of the day probably slightly expensive - but you can always add that as a qualifying line. I have queried Autocar.com why? Surely the viewers deserve a fair coverage - a comparison of good vehicles and the Jazz does hold ground - it is a great vehicle - so why this?
I am also curious to know how the Jazz failed in an analytical comparison with i20 and Punto, as Onelife has mentioned earlier in this thread.
Old 12th March 2010, 20:27   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
I am also curious to know how the Jazz failed in an analytical comparison with i20 and Punto, as Onelife has mentioned earlier in this thread.
Hey amit, I believe this question was intended for me. So I take the opportunity to answer. Sorry, if it wasn't meant for me.

By Analytical comparison, I meant comparing features and specifications.
i20/punto have many features which the Jazz doesnt' - Electronic OVRM, Auto-door locks by speed, alloy wheels, climate control, bluetooth controls, music system with a remote ( this one really hurts), 1.4l option, automatic option, rear fog lights .. its a pretty long list.

Yet, to reiterate, I am a proud owner of the Jazz since it is a car to be bought by the heart and not by the mind (which compares feature by feature).

Like you, even I am quite disappointed by the Jazz not getting enough coverage by the industry standard forums. Glad, you have picked up this with autocar. Even the Rolls Royce, Bentleys of the world are very expensive. Doesnt mean they don't get reviewed or attention. Maybe the Jazz does not fall in the league of the i20s, puntos of the world. But it doesn't fall in the league of sedans as well. So it has its own league I guess.
Old 12th March 2010, 21:27   #144
BHPian

Dear friend, congrats for your purchase.

Your review truly echoes my thoughts as far as premium Hatchbacks go.

I myself own a Accent viva crdi and whenever i see its maintainence bills I curse myself why I did not buy a Honda City in its place. I am sure that the same justification would follow as far as Jazz over i20 goes.

Whatever anybody says your review truly puts the point in open , that as far as premium hatchbacks go Jazz makes excellent sense to buy. The comfort, quality, service and resale all make up for its slightly higher price.

congrats once again.
Old 12th March 2010, 21:57   #145
BHPian

Sorry Onelife! Yes the question was to get your views - and you are right.Though what I miss most are electrical folding OVRMs - especially when I enter narrow Office premises half shut gates.A basic loading area lamp and seat height adjustment.The quality of finish and the feel of space is way above the i20 - which was one of my earlier consideration and doing very well!What I love is that there is very little of the car outside the cabin - so its easy to park and manoeuvre.As I said elsewhere I tend to feel slightly insecure that the poor sales may make maintenance and spares availability tough and costly, since I hope to keep it for long.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks