Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 13:30   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Guys,

This is in continuation of the spoiler issue from Kumar's thread.

To recap, it seems i have been cheated by my dealer. He passed on a non-genuine spoler (with light) as a ford GA (geniune accessory). There is a unanimous view on Tbhp that ford GA spoiler doesn't have a light.

i tried to recap the various events during my negotiations with the dealer.

i had prepared a word file capturing the final deal with Bhavna Ford. The file is attached. As you can see, the dealer had earlier agreed for Rs. 8 lacs (with all accessories listed therein). you can see a cigar lighter in the list. The prices are based on estimates given by dealer + ford pricing list available on Tbhp (i think on Shaju's thread)

After this, i got an update on Tbhp that a cigar lighter may not be required for phone charging (i dont smoke, and i wanted the lighter for phone charging). So i cancelled the cigar lighter, and asked the dealer what can he offer in exchange. he said why dont i take the spoler with light. so i agreed. Then, few days later, the dealer called saying that he just cannot absorb such a huge cost, and i will have to pay Rs. 3K more (sorry, i had written Rs. 2K in my earlier thread), if i want original spoiler. I tried to bargain, but he put his foot down. i agreed, since Rs. 3k was not a big amt (compared to Rs. 8 lacs).

So, the dealer took Rs. 3k extra from me and offered me a non-genuine spoiler WOW... i cant believe it.

am still thinking how do i handle this situation...
Ashish, sorry to hear your problems, first of all don't loose your peace of mind for others fault.

I am sure Ford Spoiler comes without light, the same thing was told to me by sales guy. I think first find what is the right price of your spoiler (you can find it from market and also get the quote), have you got the receipt of Rs. 3000/-, which you paid extra amt for spoiler, write the detailed e-mail to MD of Ford India (e-mail ID is on Ford India website), attach relevant scan copies of documents, I am sure you will get positive response from MD of Ford India.
If you think it can be sorted at dealer itself, first do that else send e-mail to MD.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:49   #62
BHPian

Thanks Rajesh,

i dont have any reciept for the Rs.3K extra i paid.

Infact, the only document i have (for Rs. 8.03 lacs paid) is the original ford invoice of Rs. 701,280/- (inclusive of VAT). Can you believe it. I can't !!
I hell dont know what i paid the balance Rs. 1.02 lacs for RTO tax ? Insurance ? (I have the insurance receipt for Rs. 19K, but this was supposed to be free?)

How dumb of me not to ask for a detailed break-up + documents for the amount i paid.

i am planning to visit the dealership this saturday and get certain things sorted. also, i will check the price of my spoiler (non-genuine) from the market

Will keep you posted...
Old 5th November 2009, 14:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

I went to do the PDI of my Fiesta today and I had a look at their accessory section. The sporty spoiler and the regular spoiler do not have lights. I asked my sales guy about spoilers with lights and he said he can procure one from GP road and get it fixed for 2K. He also said that he does not recommend it to customers as it's prone to rattles after a while.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Thanks Rajesh,

i dont have any reciept for the Rs.3K extra i paid.

Infact, the only document i have (for Rs. 8.03 lacs paid) is the original ford invoice of Rs. 701,280/- (inclusive of VAT). Can you believe it. I can't !!
I hell dont know what i paid the balance Rs. 1.02 lacs for RTO tax ? Insurance ? (I have the insurance receipt for Rs. 19K, but this was supposed to be free?)

How dumb of me not to ask for a detailed break-up + documents for the amount i paid.

i am planning to visit the dealership this saturday and get certain things sorted. also, i will check the price of my spoiler (non-genuine) from the market

Will keep you posted...
+
You have paid money for which you can still demand reciept. He is bound to give. Tell him that you need the invoice for your ITax purpose as all money you drawn from your salary account. Still he is not listening, write a letter/email to Ford directly with a copy to the dealer.?
Old 5th November 2009, 18:53   #65
BHPian

@ nairrk - thanks. i guess i was not clear. i have the receipts that i have paid him Rs. 8.03 lacs. however, i do not have the invoices (for proving nature of payment). as u rightly said, it is required for income tax purposes.

@ gilead - thanks. now I am 100% sure that my spoiler is not geniune. and it costs around Rs. 2K

@ all - does anyone on the forum have a a genuine ford fiesta spoiler which is not the one on the 'S' version. Can you pls post pics of the same?

thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 19:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

@ Ashish. I am pretty sure this is the non-S spoiler that I saw in the dealer accessory section today. Take a look at the 4th pic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1478243

Can you post a pic of your spoiler please?
Old 5th November 2009, 19:52   #67
BHPian

@Ashish:

In SriSri thread (Gilead provided above link),check second pic from side view and you will realize how genuine fiesta spoiler looks like. Usually other spoilers does not have that sort of curve & its in sync with body.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

@ashishgandhi

You have got reciept for Rs.8.03L which means total for the car inclusive of accessories. You still can demand itemwise reciept. Talk to him (may be email or letter would give more push) and tell him that your CA asking for break up of expenses i.e one Invoice for the car's show room price and other one for accessories.
( I have got it from my dealer)
TRy TRy keep trying..

Thanks
Old 6th November 2009, 11:25   #69
BHPian

thanks all.

the 1st pic is from SriSri car - orginal ford (non-'S') spoiler

the rest are my car spoiler. The difference is clear (apart from the light, even the curve is different)
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-spoiler.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-s5031663t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-s5031678n.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-s5031701t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-s5031711t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-s5031712t.jpg  

Old 6th November 2009, 11:33   #70
BHPian

on a different note, attached are some pics of the reverse parking sensors that i got last week - autocop with mirror display Rs. 3.5K with 1 year warranty

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0237t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0238t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0239t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0240t.jpg  

Old 6th November 2009, 12:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you have fitted the new mirror on top of the old one. Does the new one auto dim at night?
Old 6th November 2009, 14:28   #72
BHPian

@ gilead - auto dim at night? whats that? it doesn't do anything of that sort. its infact a dark mirror, and i have a bit of difficulty at night
Old 6th November 2009, 14:48   #73
Senior - BHPian

@ashishgandhi

regarding the Invoice matter - I just returned from my dealer (after fitting my car
alloys/vinyl seat cover/bodyside mouldings and door scuff) and he gave me itemised computer bill with tax. I took all these accessories from Ford so they have no problem in giving original bill for all purchases. So you keep after your dealer and ask for seperate bills totalling the amount paid to them.
Old 6th November 2009, 15:47   #74
BHPian

thanks nairrk. will definitely do that
Old 6th November 2009, 20:12   #75
BHPian

super, my red soul display looks very similar as well, cost me about the same!! waiting for your update on the spoiler tomorrow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks