Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 08:01   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Hi all,

would like to share some concerns which i am facing with my Fiesta since last couple of months and my experience with the 2nd service last saturday.

i already mentioned abt the gear slotting issues, and this seems related. i dont want to sound like a jerk always complaining abt the car, but its like am too much in love with my car and want her to work / run smoothly.

When i drive the car without A/C (sounds wierd, but i do it just to test the car), the car runs very smoothly, meaning -

- the car revs smoothly in 1st and 2nd gear (and beyond as well, but my concern is with these 2 gears)
- the engine noise is soft till 2.5K RPM (beyond it it becomes little loud, which is understandable). I drive a petrol Fiesta
- i can maneuver the car in 2nd gear on spead breakers, without having to press the clutch at all - meaning the car doesn't shudder
- gear slotting is relatively smooth

now, when i switch on the AC, the car changes its behaviour completely

- the engine groans a lot even at 2K RPM
- revving is not smooth. infact, in 2nd gear, the car seems to pull back quite a bit from 2.5K RPM to 1.5k RPM - meaning if u rev the car upto 2.5K RPM and release the accelerator, u get a feel that the car is slowing down significanlty (no brakes are applied). My old Santro used to have it (at higher RPMs though), but thats because the engine couldn't bear the load. i can't belive the 1.6 ltr engine cant bear the load at 2.5K RPM (with just 1 peron no luggage in car and on straight roads)
- the gear slotting is harsh (1st and 2nd only)
- i cannot run the car over spead breakers in 2nd gear without pressing the clutch a bit, else the car starts shuddering.

Coming to the servce - last saturday morning, i visited Bhanva Ford (at Nerul) and highlighted these issues to the service guy. he took a test drive and told me that there is nothing wrong with the car and that am unecessarily worrying. this is normal behaviour.

HOWEVER, he said that there was some issue with the parking break (he didnt explain what) which he said he would rectify.

Saturday evening, i took my car and while driving back home, i was amazed. the car was running smoothly even with the A/c. all problems listed above (with a/c) were gone. i thought that i had to be the parking brake - i called him back and he told me that the parking brake wasnt getting released properly, but it isn't too much of a concern.

I was very happy - the problems were solved. i couldn't take the car out on sunday, since i had some guests at home. I did deploy the parking brake while parking the car on saturday.

Monday morning, i take my car out, and i get a bad feeling abt the car again pulling back. i decide not to think too much and enjoy the drive. i thought i should drive it for some time before jumping to conclusions.

its been 4 days, and i feel that the earlier problems have re-surfaced. i called the service guy, but he said that parking brake was not a problem at all. he asked me to get the car to the service center.

i will do that, but i wanted to get the views of the Tbhpains:

- has anyone experienced significant change in engine performance (Petrol) when the AC is on?
- is it likely that the parking brake is actually pulling the car?

Help me guys

Thanks
Ashish
Do you idle the car before running off?
The next time you try to test this, just idle the car for 2 minutes atleast (and even more if you can) without using the AC and then report back if the problem still persists.
After idling, just run around for 5 kilometers without revving the engine very hard without the A.C.
Now, the car would be in it's optimum operation state. Now, test what you want and please report back as soon as possible.
Best Regards
Abhinav Sharma
Old 20th April 2010, 11:28   #122
BHPian

Thanks Abhinav... i will try this. i haven't been experiencing this issue since last few weeks. what i have been doing is idling the engine for a few secs, with the AC on... it seems to be working

any thoughts on the tyre issue?
Old 21st April 2010, 05:29   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

@ashish - Replace this tyre with your spare tyre, assuming your spare tyre is of the same size and tubeless.
This tyre should be used only as a spare at most, and if possible, do replace it. You can get a new tyre, single piece.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:30   #124
BHPian

@ lambo - the spare tyre is of same size, but not tubeless... so, the spare cannot take place of a regular tyre...

i will check out on the price of a new tubeless tyre... i will need to trash this damaged tyre. am scared it might give away at high speeds

thanks !!
Old 10th May 2010, 19:10   #125
BHPian

hey guys...

need some advice. i was thinking of changing my sun film. the may heat in mumbai is unbearable. while driving in the afternoons, even if i put the AC speed on 2, the cooling isnt sufficient. a friend told me that the sun films are the culprit - they are too light. The dealer threw in the cheapest one available. hence, i thought i should change them soon

some questions:

- is it ok to add another sun flim on an existing one. i once checked with an accessory shop, and he said that its not possible to remove the existing sun film and you need to add another film on the top of it
- any recommendation regarding the brand and product. i would like to restrict my budget for this to less than 5K

thanks !!
Old 10th May 2010, 19:13   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@ashish - Replace this tyre with your spare tyre, assuming your spare tyre is of the same size and tubeless.
This tyre should be used only as a spare at most, and if possible, do replace it. You can get a new tyre, single piece.

i got a new tyre of same spec and same brand (just 1 piece) for Rs. 3.5K. the old is still lying in the trunk, along with the new tube (which i used to temporarily convert the bust tubeless tyre to a tubed one). both need to be scrapped. am trying to find some buyers for the same. the one from whom i purchased the new tyre refused to give anything in exchange - even not for the new tube...

let me know if anyone has any info on where can i scrap these

thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 09:49   #127
BHPian

help

hello fellow bhpains and fiestians,

Need some help from you all. i am travelling for 2 weeks and my fiesta baby will be lying unused for that period. I dont have a closed garage / parking in my building, so the car will be basking in the sun, soaking in the rains and enjoying the moonlight all on her own.

i wanted to check the following:

- should i cover the car with a body cover - to protect the paint from the incessant rain
- once i come back, what checks should i undertake before taking the car for a drive e.g. engine oils, brakes, etc. Reg brakes, in rains, i generally hear some noise in the breaks while starting up the car

Thanks all

Ashish
Old 15th June 2010, 09:57   #128
Senior - BHPian

You may cover the car with a good car cover (it may atleast prevent dust forming on the car).
You will be out for 2 week - do you have anyone who can atleast start the car and run the enginre for 5 minutes (atleast) once in a week? Otherwise suggest remove the battery wires(recommended)!
Old 15th June 2010, 10:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

Ashish,

As nairrk said a good car cover is a must. Ensure that the cover is strapped properly so that high breeze does not expose the vehicle to heavy rains. I hope you must have already got the anti rust done for the underbody. Postively would request you to disconnect the battery wires. After coming back have a good car perfume since it is going to be smelly after two weeks of being closed.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:33   #130
BHPian

thanks nairrk and ghodlur. i think i can request my wife to start the car and idle it for 5 mins once in 2-3 days. but with the cover on, am not sure how easy it will be.

Regarding the cover, don't you think the cover will get drenched in rains and cause the car to be more smelly. i have a guy who comes to wash the car daily. so should i rather leave it open? Am confused.

Yes, the underbody anti-rust is done.

Thanks
Ashish
Old 15th June 2010, 17:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

Yes, if you have got some one to attend /clean daily then I feel no need to cover
the car. (I thought you are going to leave the car un-attended in the open hence recommended the cover).
This solves your problem i.e your wife can access to the car easily and start the car whereas your guy can wash the car daily!

Last edited by nairrk : 15th June 2010 at 17:14. Reason: correction
Old 30th June 2010, 19:33   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

is it ok to add another sun flim on an existing one. i once checked with an accessory shop, and he said that its not possible to remove the existing sun film and you need to add another film on the top of it
- any recommendation regarding the brand and product. i would like to restrict my budget for this to less than 5K

thanks !!
i think it is ok to have another film on exisitng one, and you can go for Garware SUn Windshield and sunfilm which will come some where around 5k only
you can have a better answer in the dedicated sun film section.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 30th June 2010 at 19:35.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:03   #133
BHPian

Re: My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium

hellos everyone,

Got a question reg my fiesta. since last week, every morning, i see the engine system fault warning lamp ignited (highligted in attached file), when i start the car.

it remains on for few seconds, and then the car loses power i.e. it does not accelerate even when i press the pedal.

i then stop my car, switch off the engine and wait for few minutes. when i start the car again, the lamp doesnt appear, and the car runs properly. the manual says i need to get my car checked. am wondering if its because of the cold in mumbai since last few weeks.

any thoughts? anyone fiestians facing similar issue...

thanks
Ashish
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fiesta manual.pdf (229.9 KB, 510 views)
Old 30th January 2012, 12:40   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashish
Ashish,

A couple of Fiestians had reported this issue, pls find attached the link for the same.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2586791

Suggest you to show it to the Ford Workshop. In case of @Ruchirtnt they replaced the throttle assembly.

Hope this helps.
Old 30th January 2012, 13:14   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hellos everyone,

Got a question reg my fiesta. since last week, every morning, i see the engine system fault warning lamp ignited (highligted in attached file), when i start the car.

it remains on for few seconds, and then the car loses power i.e. it does not accelerate even when i press the pedal.

i then stop my car, switch off the engine and wait for few minutes. when i start the car again, the lamp doesnt appear, and the car runs properly. the manual says i need to get my car checked. am wondering if its because of the cold in mumbai since last few weeks.

thanks
Ashish
Welcome to the club! I've been having this symptom since a couple of months.

I took it to Ford service center and they scanned the engine. They said it gave some wiring related error, which they erased. They also asked me to fuel up at good bunks to avoid fuel adulteration, which sometimes could be the cause. You will find the full details in my ownership thread.

But even after that, I've been getting that light on early morning starts on and off. But if I switch off the engine and re-start, it does not appear.

I plan to get it checked again sometime later. It could also be due to a weak battery---mine is nearing 5 years this March.

If your car is under warranty, they will replace the throttle body. Do keep us posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks