Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 13:44   #91
BHPian

the place where i stay is a bit cramped. there isn't proper parking available. we have an open area where cars are parked, and children are playing cricket, cycling, etc. well, yeh toh hona hi tha ...
Old 9th November 2009, 13:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
the place where i stay is a bit cramped. there isn't proper parking available. we have an open area where cars are parked, and children are playing cricket, cycling, etc. well, yeh toh hona hi tha ...
It seems the scratches are caused by the childrens only, knowingly or unknowingly. But it is so sad for a new car to have the cruelty of some children (some have the kind of crazy to do scratches purposily and they enjoy it). I too had bad experience when I was staying in Mumbai)
Old 9th November 2009, 14:01   #93
BHPian

Same happened with me last year, I parked my car in the parking of a very well known hospital @Delhi and when came back, got shock of my life after seeing a curve scratch.

Seemed like the driver of some car did it with key of his car . When I asked the parking attendant he had no clue and I couldn't do anything. Till today that scratch has its mark on car as well as in my heart.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:35   #94
BHPian

hey guys,

sorry for being off line for so long. i guess the last i visited tbhp was on 12 nov... whoa, thats a long period - more than 15 days.

well, the last 2 weeks were both very bad and very good for me.

Lets start with the bad news

(1) both logos of my car are gone . can anyone believe it!!! the car was parked for a few days (i couldnt drive it, due to bad news #2). one fine morning, the watchman comes up and says, saheb ur car logos are gone... *** #$%$%&$% !! i haven't been able to get over this incident. The car was parked inside my building compound - with 2 security guards. Both guards are clueless. I have another guy who cleans my car everyday. i checked with him as well - same response. i guess its a combined effort of the thugs and the guards.

Am still wondering what more could i have done to avoid this. I havent yet got new logos - not sure whether i will get them ever

(2) i was down with Dengue for 5-6 days. completely bed ridden with 104 fever. thats when my car logos were stolen. was very weak and couldnt even open my laptop to share the bad news with u all

(3) the car has many more scratches now. a few of them by the *******s who stole the logos. i think the rear logo is screwed up into the car (while the front one is stuck). they couldn't easily take out the rear logo, and have left some scratches around the rear logo area

now for some good news

(1) am loving my fiesta drive. all issues with the gear jerks, etc. are gone. the car drives as smooth as butter

(2) on personal front, i had been to Hong Kong / Macau for a short vacation last week. Macau is a beautiful and a must-see place

some updates on the open issues

(1) i finally got the documents from Bhavna ford. he gave me the RTO tax and Octroi receipt. On adding up, the total comes to approx. Rs. 7.85 lacs (against Rs. 8.03 lacs paid by me). Obviously, the balance 18K is for the accessories they provided. So nothing comes free here. i am planning to ask the dealer to provide me a detailed invoice adding up to Rs. 8.03 lacs. will get it done this week

(2) I havent been able to follow-up on the spoiler issue. as i said earlier, i would wait for the detailed invoice (to check what the dealer mentions abt the spoiler) and then take it up.

thanks all
Ashish
Old 30th November 2009, 16:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

1) it is very bad to hear about the missing logo and scratches. AGain this may be
the handywork of some children in the area. I think you can get it from Ford and
fix it there again. (check with your dealer). But with 2 security guards around, still
it happened. So thats the style of these 2 people(so called guards) have been guarding your building? God save your building and the property?

2) Dengue fever : you brought it from Hongkong /macau, or you suffered before the
trip? Anyway hope all under control you are back on to your normal work.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:44   #96
BHPian

ayyeeeyayyay!!! what kind of people steal car badges!! and what in the world can they probably do with it? sell it off for a few hundred rupees? but to whom?? and i presume this happens only in bombay??

crazy i tell you!! dude, i can only feel terribly sorry for you man. i only wish whoever did this burns in hell!!

anyway, dont try and get new ones on until you're able to figure out who did this? you dunt want to spend a few thousands to go through the exact same emotions a few days later. cover that area with some stickers to try and hide the scratches!!

been to hong kong, never been to macau, wanna go there sometime!! how's it compared to pattaya?

this year's been terrible dude, not a single vacation!! work work new home work and more work!! take care man!

EDIT: @nair sir; it cannot be the handiwork of children for sure!! the badges are very tight in place, it takes some effort to come off. I have read in another Linea thread about badges going missing from cars in bombay. so i guess ther's a big market for selling off stolen car badges there!! it's a pity!

Last edited by raamki : 1st December 2009 at 08:56.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Its not just the Ford logos but Skoda, Chevrolet, Fiat logos which go missing in Mumbai atleast (not Bombay anymore). If anyone remembers I had asked about the logos missing from Ford Fiestas in my test drive thread coz a missing logo looks like a scar on a beautiful Fiesta. However I haven't seen any missing logos on Ikons though. I feel the logos from Mumbai are shipped to smaller cities or maybe back to Ford. No wonder so many limited editions with price cut recently. GOD IS GREAT
Old 1st December 2009, 09:27   #98
BHPian

@ashish, not sure if you've come across this article, but here goes:

College students nabbed stealing car logos, News - City - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror

there is also a thread related to car logo theft on tbhp, the link to that thread is below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...stolen-10.html

looks like car-logo theft is a huge racket in mumbai!! the police are encouraging the people to file a complaint! read the whole of the above thread, apparently there are 5 re stickers (badge replacements) available, my advice: buy ford stickers in bulk and stock them!! never know when they may come of use, so much better than sourcing new ones and finding them missing again!

on a super lighter note, shaj, if you're listening, how about a DIY for protecting badges from being stolen? a transparent lock or a sensor to trigger an alarm off when an abuse is detected? think about it!! we can potentially make an impact here! (no offence anybody, just fooling around!)

Last edited by raamki : 1st December 2009 at 09:46.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Or someone doing 'Logo collections' like stamp collection - Joking!
If some people are purposily doing this kind of dirty work then definitely these logo's will eventually come to some place for sale - like 'chor bazaar'?
Old 1st December 2009, 20:58   #100
BHPian

Sometimes I came across few auto rickshaw who sticked logo's of all brands & unfortunatly Ford logo is common in that.

They put logo's on top of tail lamps for show off but they never realize pain of car owner from whose car they removed it.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:30   #101
BHPian

@ nairkk - no, i had Dengue before flying to HK / Macau. so, i didnt get anything from there. we have lots of viruses here

i agree with Ramki. i cant be the work of street children.

@ raamki - i am aware of the racket of logo stealing - and its rampant in mumbai. what is understand is these thugs sell the logos to local car accessory shops. and car owners like me go and purchase it - probably i would end up purchasing my own logo. its ridiculous, but true.

Kumar's observation abt auto rickshaw is also valid.

Am not sure abt the police complaint - dont want to get into that chakkar

The sticker's idea is good. any case, i don't have the heart to buy new logos, and let those thugs steal them again. i recently saw another car near my building with a sticker. not sure where i can buy these.

thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 18:04   #102
BHPian

hey guys,

its been a loooooooooooooooooong time since i have update my thread.

first, let me wish ya all a very happy new year 2010.

Well, the last year has been eventful, to say the least - i got my new baby, followed with some untoward incidents (scratches, logos stolen). hope the new year brings me more joys (with my new Fiesta)

I have completed 2K kms and got the first free service done last month. nothing specific in the servicing - guess they just do a general check-up. no problem areas reported.

Of late, am facing the following concerns and wanted to check these with fellow-Fiestains:

- First gear

i thought the gear jerk issue has been solved and hence did not report it during the first servicing. Of late, i have again started feeling the harshness in slotting gears, very much in the first gear. the first gear is harder than the Santro (i still drive it and am able to draw useful comparisons in certain areas). no matter what i do, the first gear takes some effort to slot. even the 2nd gear sometimes creates this issue.

does anyone else face this issue? not sure whether i am doing something wrong, resulting in the 1st gear become hard

- Engine noise

this might sound wierd, but i feel the engine noise inside the cabin (with windows closed, AC on, music on) is uncomfortably loud esp when the RPM goes beyond 2K. I can understand the engine noise beyond 4K RPM when one is really ripping the engine on highways, and at that, the noise sounds exciting. but in city driving at 2K RPM, the engine noise is bothersome. again, am drawing comparison with Santro. Of course, Santro's engine is much more noiser than the Fiesta (no comparison), but in city driving, i could hear the Fiesta's engine more prominently than the Santro's. Does anyone concur with me here?

- Mud flaps

the rear mud flaps (on the tyres) are broken. i had to drive on some kuccha roads, and seems the flaps gave away. they make some noise when the car hits some pot holes. should i go for original Ford flaps, or will local market ones do?

thanks all
Old 13th January 2010, 19:03   #103
BHPian

Ashish@ I observed that SX4 mud flaps comes in body color so check if you can fit that
Obviously pricewise also it could be cheaper than Ford I believe and it will look good. (Give a try if its possible)
Old 13th January 2010, 21:40   #104
BHPian

Accessory shops usually stock 2 types of mud-flaps - moulded & rubber. The moulded ones look a little better but break fairly easily e.g. while going over a bump or, as in my case, if you go too close to the kerb while parking.
Unfortunately, you can't replace just 1 mud-flap. You have to buy the entire set.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:10   #105
Senior - BHPian

@Ashish

=No Gearshift problem with me. (Hope you are depressing the Clutch fully during
gearshift?)
=Engine Noise : Check with someone else (your friends) and if they also accept that
your engine noise is higher than usual, then better discuss with the service people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks