Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

I just typed congratulations to OSS. Now here is another SXI, again Platinum ?? Raamki, have you done any magic over here ? How come everyone is running after Platinum ? No Morellos ?

Ashish, Congratulations for owning a beauty. Its a proud feeling to own this machine, which will last very long. The urge to drive is something that will increase as days pass. Its a 100% driver's car, you may not like to sit in any other place than the main seat ! I find it easier to drive around than a hatchback.

Wishing you miles and miles of safe and enjoyable drives ahead. Keep us updated about your initial experiences, upgrades if anything in mind, long drives in potential etc.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Dear ashishgandhi, nice colour choice, interiors are good. But the seat are light coloured. You may have problems in keeping them clean. But Ford should have given improved ICE with USB, Aux In. Wish you many happy miles of motoring.
Thanks Sarvodaya,

the ICE does have Aux-in. USB is missing though... reg interiors, yes i agree that its a challenge - but beige color does make the interiors look rich, doesnt it...
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Congrats Ashish on the new car. Enjoy the power and handling. Remember that the run-in is not just for the engine, its there for the tyres and brakes as well. Be sane for the first 200-300kms!! Enjoy the ownership.

Dont worry about the slight rust on the front discs. It will go off with use. The back brakes look black because its a drum setup and what you see is the drum painted black. By the way, I just love the fact that there is no sound when I lock and unlock. Feels better than those that make some weird noise.

Sarvodaya, thanks for making the post readable.
Thanks Unni. Reg rust, i recollect even Frankmehta's car had rust on the brake discs. i hope it doesnt cause any trouble. Reg sound, i would prefer a small beep atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Congrats!
The red dot is indicating that PATS is on and it will keep blinking. As for emoving the sunfilm, I haven't installed sunfilms yet; but I think it can be done.
I am keeping the same tyre pressure which the metro ford people filled during the tyre change. At that time it was 30 and 35 . Enjoy your driving.
Does PATS stand for Passive Anti Theft System (i had read it somewhere, but didnt know that Fiesta comes with this feature). Is it the same as the Engine immobiliser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
congrats ashishgandhi_00 in getting the fiesta.

What I like most in your car - the sporty pedals.

What I do not like that much (STRICTLY IMO) - chrome ORVMs (they really stand out!)

Do post extensively about your driving experience.
Will do black asta... thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Congrats buddy, nice snaps, spot on observation. We are in the same boat - Santro to Fiesta (only difference yours petrol mine diesel).

Keep updating !
Yes sir !!! thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
ashish!! congrats again buddy!! enjoy your fiesta to the fullest and keep posting more and more pics!!

PS: Rajesh, can that boat accomodate 1 more person??

Edit: Ashish, do away with that blue bhavna ford sticker on the number plate at the back, it so does not go with the color of the car at all!!
hey raamki, not sure whether the sticker is easily removable. I dont want any marks left behind after i remove it... will try it today

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
congrats ashish! we Fiesta owners are making a mark. LOL. Great car, great photos and God bless!!
Cheers man. I am SO happy!
Thanks Frankie... god bless all Fiesta owners (and to be owners)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Hey Congrats on the new buy.
Just noticed that the Ambipur bottle is in the center vent. Do not leave it there since if in case there is a leak the 'wood' panel would get damaged.
You can put it in the extreme air vents.
Hey, thanks man... thats a really nice observation. will do it today itself...
Old 25th September 2009, 19:26   #19
BHPian

Hi guys,

Got a chance to spin my new baby around a bit (was tied up with business meetings since last 3 days). was a pleasure dirving her around. the pick-up is awesome. just touch the accelerator, and she zooms ahead. ofcouse, am careful not to rev her too much.

Some observations / concerns:

- the horn press is pretty hard (compared to my Santro). i like it, in a way. It prevents the driver from indiscriminately blowing the horn and irritating ppl around

- Even the brakes are too hard (again compared to my Santro). i hope i get used to it soon

- i noticed that if i try to change gears when the RPM is above 2.5K (only slightly, since i am carefully following the run-in), there is a sligh jolt - esp in 1 and 2 gear. I guess thats because the engine is still not fully tuned - and thats why the run-in period is very essential

- when the RPM falls below 1K (except in 1st gear), the car starts shaking / stalling a bit. I guess thats the time to change to a lower gear. So, this means the ideal revving of the car should be between 1K to 2.5K RPM??

- how does one come to know if one of the doors has not been closed properly (half-closed). The light near the rear mirror remains on for a small period of time (irrespective of whether the doors are open or close). also, there isnt any door ajar warning.

- the sun-film installed by the dealer is virtually useless. i have to consider a change.

will keep posting

thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 19:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Quote:
Got a chance to spin my new baby around a bit (was tied up with business meetings since last 3 days). was a pleasure dirving her around. the pick-up is awesome. just touch the accelerator, and she zooms ahead. ofcouse, am careful not to rev her too much.
keep her below 2500, you will be happy, and so will she!

Some observations / concerns:

Quote:
- the horn press is pretty hard (compared to my Santro). i like it, in a way. It prevents the driver from indiscriminately blowing the horn and irritating ppl around
it's a good thing, considering how IRRITATING the horn is and how audible it is in the cabin.

-
Quote:
Even the brakes are too hard (again compared to my Santro). i hope i get used to it soon
dad has the same complaint too. But I don't. Since I am assured that the car has very powerful brakes and ABS will help negotiate any turns while stopping. It's just pedal feel. It will ease up soon. Worry not.

-
Quote:
i noticed that if i try to change gears when the RPM is above 2.5K (only slightly, since i am carefully following the run-in), there is a sligh jolt - esp in 1 and 2 gear. I guess thats because the engine is still not fully tuned - and thats why the run-in period is very essential
it's not the engine run in. It's the drive by wire throttle. Which is a pain till you get used to it. Once you know a way around it and 'fool' the engine into thinking you have dialed in the right revs at the right time, you will not get that feeling (or jolt)

-
Quote:
when the RPM falls below 1K (except in 1st gear), the car starts shaking / stalling a bit. I guess thats the time to change to a lower gear. So, this means the ideal revving of the car should be between 1K to 2.5K RPM??
do not lug your car too much. Change to lower gears @ 1200 or higher.

-
Quote:
how does one come to know if one of the doors has not been closed properly (half-closed). The light near the rear mirror remains on for a small period of time (irrespective of whether the doors are open or close). also, there isnt any door ajar warning.
if a door is half open and you press the remote, the door JUST wont lock, and the light will stay on.
The light will go off in 1-2 seconds if the door has been locked.
Quote:
- the sun-film installed by the dealer is virtually useless. i have to consider a change.
it's useless looking, but will do it's job well.

Enjoy the car man. I am too!
Old 26th September 2009, 14:45   #21
BHPian

Thanks Frank,

I recollect how excited you were in discovering some small but interesting features of the Fiesta. You had even posted pics from the manual.

I found out the following:

- there is a door ajar warning in the Fiesta. It activates only when you put the key in ignition mode (one step before starting the car). i wasnt aware of this when i posted my yesterday's comment.

- Also, if one of the doors is open, the central locking wouldnt work i.e. if you try to central lock, the lock will pop back to its original position.

- the interior light also has an interesting operation. By default it switches off after 15-20 secs, to save battery life. Once you unlock the car, the light comes on, and switches off only after you have put the key in ignition mode. Very useful feature, esp if the car is parked in dark. Also, the light comes on once you switch off the car and remains on till you lock the car. Wow, so much thought has been put in such small feature...

Am just loving to explore my car day after day.

Reg the brakes, i guess i didnt express myself correctly. my santro brakes are very responsive. a slight touch on the pedal activates the brakes. Unlike this, in the Feista, one needs to press the pedal for few cms before the effect is felt. again, its a matter of getting used to it.

Also, i agree reg the horn - it is surprisingly very audible inside the cabin, which is very very odd.

Thanks
Old 26th September 2009, 15:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Hey Congrats on the new buy.
Just noticed that the Ambipur bottle is in the center vent. Do not leave it there since if in case there is a leak the 'wood' panel would get damaged.
You can put it in the extreme air vents.
You are right. I happened with me also. Incidently my vehicle Ford fiesta is also from the same dealer - Bhavna ford Navi mumbai. The ambipur was given as complimentary by delaer but to my surprise it's leakage Damaged the wooden lookalike plastic , the lilver ligning on the circumference of the AC vents as well as the defrosting switch .
Old 26th September 2009, 16:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
You are right. I happened with me also. Incidently my vehicle Ford fiesta is also from the same dealer - Bhavna ford Navi mumbai. The ambipur was given as complimentary by delaer but to my surprise it's leakage Damaged the wooden lookalike plastic , the lilver ligning on the circumference of the AC vents as well as the defrosting switch .
DK, in my case, the ambipur doesn't seem to work properly. i can't smell any perfume inside the car.

Does one require to open / break some seal for it to work?

infact, i have started getting some stale smell, probably because of the plastics on the seat (rear ones). guess, will get them removed today itself.

Thanks
Old 26th September 2009, 16:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
DK, in my case, the ambipur doesn't seem to work properly. i can't smell any perfume inside the car.

Does one require to open / break some seal for it to work?

infact, i have started getting some stale smell, probably because of the plastics on the seat (rear ones). guess, will get them removed today itself.

Thanks
you have to remove a seal on the bottle. Or if the seal is already removed, you have to rotate the top portion to open it.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:54   #25
BHPian

The exploration continues.

Was scanning through Ford india's site regarding specifications of 1.6Sxi. Found the following features, which i was not sure abt.

- Progammable keyless entry, with auto lock

now i know abt the keyless entry, but whats this auto lock feature?

- Battery saver

is there any specific feature which saves battery, or is it integrated into other features (for e.g. interior light switching off within 10-15 secs)

- Decklid handle (for boot i suppose)

what does decklid mean?

- Soft feel IP topper

again, not sure what this refers to?

- Front 12-V power outlet (with plug)

What plug is this?

Can the experts / stalwarts throw some light?

Another feature i discovered yesterday. If, after switching off the engine, you remove your keys while the lights are on - an alarm goes off. Hmmm, thats interesting again...

Thanks
Old 26th September 2009, 16:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
you have to remove a seal on the bottle. Or if the seal is already removed, you have to rotate the top portion to open it.
the top portion is rotated to 'Max'. I need to check for the seal.

thanks
Old 26th September 2009, 17:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Was scanning through Ford india's site regarding specifications of 1.6Sxi. Found the following features, which i was not sure abt.

- Battery saver

is there any specific feature which saves battery, or is it integrated into other features (for e.g. interior light switching off within 10-15 secs)

Another feature i discovered yesterday. If, after switching off the engine, you remove your keys while the lights are on - an alarm goes off. Hmmm, thats interesting again...

Thanks
Well, as far as I have gained knowledge from my 3 week old i10:

auto lock - you open the lock via remote, but do not open any door/hatch. car again locks itself in 30 seconds. Neat huh?

battery saver - All lights are shut when one locks the car. As the name suggests, the battery does not drain completely unless you consciously want it to!

Last edited by blackasta : 26th September 2009 at 17:56.
Old 26th September 2009, 21:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:

You can unlock the car by just pressing the soft key available on car and dont need to insert car in door lock.

- Decklid handle (for boot i suppose)

You are right! There is switch near driver which you can pull or push (dont remember now) to open the boot.

what does decklid mean?
The boot door

- Soft feel IP topper

In SXI & S, on top of the instrumental panel you have soft material and that is called as Soft feel. Lucky guy!

again, not sure what this refers to?

- Front 12-V power outlet (with plug)

What plug is this?

You can put mobile charge here (just an example)

Thanks
Ashish@ May be the experienced car owners can throw more light but what I know is mentioned inline

Did you manage you understand the auto lock functionality of car? During the PDI when the car key was inside and doors was open for a while then the staff assisting us said something about car will get locked or something. I forgot to ask him what that means as anyways during demo I hope they will tell me what that means!

Last edited by kumar7 : 26th September 2009 at 21:14.
Old 26th September 2009, 21:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone plz explain this: If the Fiesta 1.6Sxi and the Fiesta 1.6S have the same engine specs, what makes the 'S' so much better car to drive? I only know that it gets fatter tires. What else?
Old 27th September 2009, 02:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
The Ambipur is a horridly designed product. When attached to a vent which might tilt at times, the bottle leaks and corrodes the plastics. I faced that in my earlier Aveo and also my Swift. For Blue Streak, no Ambipur. I bought a cake type perfume which is stronger and more lasting too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks