Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:03   #136
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
First long drive on my Manza - Trip to my hometown which is about 220 Km from Hyd. Did not anticipate any trouble over the restarted Telangana row. Started early morning, since was running short of petrol and all petrol bunks were still closed, got 10 litres in black for 700/-.

Driver took to the steering wheel since we wanted to get more miles by driving at steady high speed. We were confident of getting close to Karnataka with this much of fuel. Original plan was to me using this early morning dive on highway to learn en route. Luckily after covering 30 km, got the first open bunk and filled full tank. All these days, the Avg. milage shown was 10 km/l which was OK given that 60% of the driving was done by me & wife as we learnt on different roads. Took the driver seat from here, but soon after crossing Sadashivpet and 40 km from Zahirabad, saw a road block with lot of trucks standing on the highway. Saw a innova, swift and Zen getting directions to take a side road. After taking to villagers standing nearby and
exchanging seat with driver again, we started tailing the three vehicles in lead with a gap of 100 ft between each vehicle. Drove for about 40+ kms thru mud roads and partially tarred ones. The villagers were just staring at these four vehicles of different colors and shapes driving back to rake lot of dust ans spoil the peaceful morning.

This C trip brought us back to highway just 15 km from Zahirabad. Since we had started with just a cup of tea in the cold morning (7.11 am) and am used to 8 am breakfast, was damn hungry. While there were many dhabas around, parents wanted a pure veg hotel. Luckily happened to sight a APTDC signboard and we drove in. The place was clean and very spacious with options to sit in the shades or inside the main hall. There already couple of families ordering breakfast. Since they had only idli and puri to offer and was sure I alone would need at least a plate of each, ordered few plates for all. Walked into the kitchen and agin it was well kept, plus they did not resist me entering unlike our city restaurants. They started preparing puri and chutney (for idlis) while I walked past the passage to explore the backyard. Was surprised to find a small rose garden with few yellow and other roses.

After the stupendous breakfast (everyone liked the chutney which had groundnuts added inlike the typical pure coconut one which comes with youre typical idli/dosa) and the sagu(sabji) for puri which were also very hot. After couple of family snaps, hit the road with me back behind the steering. The Avg. milage was showing 14 now. Past Zahirabad, the long stretch of almost startght highway was almost emtpy and as I hit speed of 60, driver urged me to go on 5th gear which I did with some hesitation since was still getting used to the vehicle responding to very small turn of the steering with a good amount of turn. Driver reassured that its due to power steering. Drove at 80-90 kmph speed for quite some time and also over took several speeding vehicles (mostly trucks) with proper directions from the driver who, as usual was holding the hand brake just in case. In the back seat, had ensured everyone was wearing seat belts, especially since I was driving.

The Avg, mileage slowly increased and by the time we made it to my place it was showing 23.6 kmpl. The AC was on only during the last 70 km. Some villages on the route like Mannakhed, Kamalapur etc., are famous for specific items like Guava, Banana, ground nuts and maize. Even when we take bus route, always ensure that the conductor wait for few more minutes at these bus stops while I get good amount of these for the coming week
Wify too to driving for the last 30 km while I had to get to back seat to sync mails and get started on my work. Overall, good experience.

Vijay
23.6 KMPL is a very good FE for a car like Manza. Hard to imagine a FE like this.
Old 13th March 2010, 14:49   #137
BHPian

Reverse Sensor Query

Hi Guys,
I have a query regarding reverse sensors for the Manza. My uncle's contemplating a Manza Saffire Aura ABS and the Wasan Motors in Mumbai says that TATA's not yet offering reverse sensors as an option and that they aren't fitting it yet either. I need to know the experience of other T-BHPians with the procurement, fitting and performance of reverse sensors on the Manza. Who offers this, any preferred brand, cost, colour of sensors on rear bumper, fittment issues if any .. etc ..
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 13th March 2010, 15:39   #138
BANNED

Autofin had both audio based and camera based sensors. I got camera sensors attached - they charged 6.5k for autocop camera + xenos display. Took several hours to finish the job and they said camera sensors come only in black color while audio sensors are available in all colors. I did ask them to add a mod to enable using it while regular driving and they charged 150 bucks to do that extra fitting.
After returning home felt that the display was tilted at a small angle and after few calls they sent autocop service guy to my home to rectify the same day. He was suggesting that if bought directly it would have cost me 1-1.5k less.
Autofin's service centre is different than showroom. Its GM had discouraged me everytime I had called up to inquire arrival of sensors saying they haven't arrived and getting electrical fittings outside may impact electrical warranty.
So once I told him that I got it done from showroom, he advised me to retain the bill to show that it was done by showroom.
Couple of days later, it started failing once in a while. Pressing the wiring near toggle switch used to make it functional. Autofin asked me to bring the car to showroom but I kept insisting to send technician to my place since showroom is 17km, located in a crowded area while am still not comfortable driving in crowded place. After 6 weeks of back and forth, they sent three guys(were all in their late teens while I was expecting someone more senior) who identified the issue to be with the faulty switch which they promptly replaced. I had also asked them to get reverse horn(since they had not been in showroom when I visited for sensors) which they fitted quickly. No issues for past 3 weeks since their visit.

Vijay

Last edited by vjoy3 : 13th March 2010 at 15:49.
Old 13th March 2010, 15:40   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
23.6 KMPL is a very good FE for a car like Manza. Hard to imagine a FE like this.
Please note that this was as on the meter which several folks on this forum have said may deviate.

Vijay
Old 13th March 2010, 17:24   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Please note that this was as on the meter which several folks on this forum have said may deviate.

Vijay
What i have observed in my Manza is that the normal Trip Avg in DIS (not instantaneous Avg) is + or - 0.5 Kmpl that of actual FE (full tank to Full tank method) So your 23.6 Kmpl may turn out to be around 23.1 to 24.1 Kmpl
Old 8th August 2010, 18:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

vjoy, you had mentioned that the clutch was hard. when i checked out the manza in the showroom though, the only thing i found butter smooth play was the clutch! can you comment in detail on the clutch?

i checked between linea, punto, manza and indica. of this the linea was hard, the punto's clutch had twice the play of the others (the depth it goes inside), the manza was the smoothest to press, and the indica well was fairly ok.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:05   #142
BHPian

My Distance to empty is shown as 78 kms in the digital. How accurate will this be. How much of deviation can i expect.As i am shown a fuel average of 9.8kmpl in the digital now. My car has just completed 100 kms on the odo.
Old 29th September 2010, 23:21   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
My Distance to empty is shown as 78 kms in the digital. How accurate will this be. How much of deviation can i expect.As i am shown a fuel average of 9.8kmpl in the digital now. My car has just completed 100 kms on the odo.
Have found DTE to be fairly accurate in my car. When DTE goes under 25, it goes blank indicating immediate refill. I have done tank-up after DTE goes below 25 and still tank takes 37l of sticky stuff approx. Considering 2 litres can go in after auto-cut, there must be couple of litres of diesel after DTE goes blank.

Fuel average you are getting is in pure city bumper to bumper traffic? If not, you observe it for couple of 100kms and then report it to Tata. I think Manza gives good figures from pretty much the beginning (after run-in). Have seen couple of folks at local tata dealer complaining abt FE of arnd 12-13 kmpl.
Old 29th September 2010, 23:23   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
What i have observed in my Manza is that the normal Trip Avg in DIS (not instantaneous Avg) is + or - 0.5 Kmpl that of actual FE (full tank to Full tank method) So your 23.6 Kmpl may turn out to be around 23.1 to 24.1 Kmpl
Same pinch here. Have found Avt and Inst FE in DIS to be fairly accurate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks