Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 11:17   #61
BHPian

Congratulations young Manza owner! Enjoy the drive. We are all eagerly waiting for your experience with the car.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:17   #62
BANNED

Happened to take the car out for learning with help of a friend the day before morning 5AM. After two hours of fun driving reluctantly came back to get started for office. En route did come across few joggers asking for the price & features.
Yesterday evening when driver started the car to bring it to my office and each me driving on the way back, car started blowing horn continuously. After 8 kms of slow drive to my office with horn on that poor chap was frustrated. Happened to call sales manager & he suggested removing horn fuse based on the diagram inside the cover for that section (near engine) to disable the horn and get vehicle to service centre. Could locate this three pin thing and on removing it horn went off completely. Am planning to take the car to service centre early next week (got to go out of town this weekend again).
Earlier happened to talk to RD's local representative to get their reverse parking sensor fitted over weekend, but after this horn issue, want to go slow on this since am afraid this will void the electrical issues that may crop up later.

Sorry, do not have any technical details / reviews you have been awaiting. Please ask any specific detail & will try my best to clarify.

Vijay
Old 20th November 2009, 13:28   #63
BHPian

Now this is a scary observation. I m sure that the driver would have felt a lot embarassed than frustrated.

We have learnt from many in this forum that TATA is having problems with fuel injectors, ABS, and some other things as well. All this muct be building lot of pressure on the worksmen to do their work faster.
Whether all this is compromising on quality or not will be revealed by next set of Manza owners.
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:01   #64
BHPian

Hey Vjoy, My Satin gold Manza is on its way. Will get it by Thursday. Just can't wait till the 26th.
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
While awaiting for updates on my booking, got connected to few senior people in Tata - Atul Renavikar(GM @ Tata Motors), Sanjay Mishra(Regional Manager South ) & others and mailed them of my concerns.
@Vijay --- can you share the email ids of Atul &/or Sanjay? Will help us manifolds.
Old 26th November 2009, 17:00   #66
BANNED

Finally took the vehicle to service centre for nonstop horn when promises from sales manager to arrange a technician dropping by to my place did not materialise. BTW, happened to call Tata's 24x7 number and couple of guys had turned up within half a day, but unluckily that day the issue didn't show up.
Technician @ service centre says that issue is with combination switch which was shorting the wire and they plan to get a new one from Pune (awaiting GM of service centre to come here and confirm). Meanwhile technician has insulated the short with tape and says that the horn etc., should work without issue.

Vijay
Old 26th November 2009, 17:25   #67
BHPian

First of all congratulations on your purchase and being the first Manza owner on T-BHP.

Regret having bought a Ford Ikon (TDCi) last year, else would have gone ahead for a Manza.

Don't worry about the horn peice. These are initial teething issues. When I bought Ikon, had lots of teething issues which were eventually take care off. Now I just love to drive the beauty.

BTW, what was the on-road cost of the ABS version?
Old 26th November 2009, 17:31   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
First of all congratulations on your purchase and being the first Manza owner on T-BHP.

Regret having bought a Ford Ikon (TDCi) last year, else would have gone ahead for a Manza.

Don't worry about the horn peice. These are initial teething issues. When I bought Ikon, had lots of teething issues which were eventually take care off. Now I just love to drive the beauty.

BTW, what was the on-road cost of the ABS version?
Agree. Was prepared for the initial issue given Tata's history and also this being a new vehicle. So no worries.
ABS Saffire in Hyderabad did cost me 5.96 OTR.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:26   #69
BANNED

Another niggle sorted out - Tata Autofin Rep. called up and said that there is a small problem with the power steering pipe rubing the break pipe which may result in wearing off and eventual leak in break oil. Hence there were proactively visiting Manza owners to check and rectify this. Asked her to fix the appointment today itself. Then called up the Autofin Bowenpally GM to check and he clarified that this was observed in PDI of many vehicles and hence the proactive correction.
Within two hours the technician from Autofin was at my place and made changes to add a 2 cm gap between the two pipes - took him 5 mins.
Others who have bought/getting their Manza may want this done on their vehicles as well if the Tata folks haven't called them up yet.

Vijay
Old 29th November 2009, 23:56   #70
BHPian

I think the horn problem is not an isolated incident as the TD car with about 400 on the odo had the horn disconnected. When i asked, the rep told me it was because of some electrical problem with the horn .

Regarding the break cable , it seems to be a serious safety issue that TATA better take appropriate steps to correct . No one wants the brake to fail suddenly .
Old 30th November 2009, 10:08   #71
BHPian

Hello vjoy,

Congratulations on buying the bests Tata car yet. The colour you've chosen really looks good, and up market, as you rightly felt. I would love to seem some pictures of the interiors too. I am also going to buy my first car ever, in Jan next year, and Manza really is appealing. But my budget is 5 lakhs, and am in B'lore, and so I dont think I will be able to buy the Manza.

Enjoy your new car, and safe drinving.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:10   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Hello vjoy,

Congratulations on buying the bests Tata car yet. The colour you've chosen really looks good, and up market, as you rightly felt. I would love to seem some pictures of the interiors too. I am also going to buy my first car ever, in Jan next year, and Manza really is appealing. But my budget is 5 lakhs, and am in B'lore, and so I dont think I will be able to buy the Manza.

Enjoy your new car, and safe drinving.
On request from folks earlier on this thread, I did try getting some snaps using my 7MP Nikon but found the results to be nowhere as close to interior snaps already added by GTO in his review.
Am hoping to post some shots of the meters in night time since they are missing.

Hey, I too began with a budget of 4-5 lakhs and had shortlisted Indigo CS but then on seeing Manza being discussed for the first time few months ago, decided to switch.
Besides CS + the cost of add ons from market would have come almost to same. You should be able to get the base version(Aura) at 5.23 or so which is just a bit more than your upper limit.

Luckily I happened to chat with a senior member Zappo before visiting the showroom and the credit goes to him in putting some sense into me to get ABS version even if it meant a bit more initial cost given the safety it will provide.

Assuming that you plan to have the (first) car with you for 5 yrs, if you split the extra 25-90k you will spend upfront into 60 months it will be very little. Same is true even if go the EMI route. Its a one time long term call. Think a bit on it before making the final decision

Vijay
Old 1st December 2009, 09:41   #73
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your comments vjoy3. Yes it really makes sense, and I have thought abt it before. The extra 60 to 80 grand that I spend now, when split into EMI (I will be taking a loan), will cost me around 2 to 3 thousand rupees a month, which is worth, for the extra features I get with the car.

I will consider it, when I start my test drives, in Jan. Happy Driving buddy.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:48   #74
BHPian

Vijoy. The Starter motor on my Manza was replaced but no guys from TATA came to check, they just sent a CD with instructions (this is what the salesman said). Don't know whom to believe.
By the way, did the mud flaps come with the car? My salesman says that the mud flaps for Manza have not yet come and so he will fix it as soon as the arrive.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @Vjoy3! I would have preferred a darker color on the Manza.
TATA and its initial niggles.

Most Viewed