Team-BHP - My White Fiat Punto MJD
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My White Fiat Punto MJD (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/73751-my-white-fiat-punto-mjd-2.html)

WOW !!! The scoop master himself has opted for FIAT Punto. Congratulation Sid. Now thats encouraging for existing Punto owners and prospective buyers too. All eyes open for your story.

Congrats Sid... I recall the Jazz thread when u tried hard to convince your parents to give the punto a second chance. Now u finally get to own the punto. What was theor reaction to your decision of buying this beauty?

Wishing u years of happy motoring!!!

The story evolves around a number.25.
But when I actually started this thread on Dec 2,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ghaziabad.html

something was cooking.

As you said it is a 2010 make, can you post pictures where plastic quality has improved? Are the panel gaps near the steering column still evident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1685831)
As you said it is a 2010 make, can you post pictures where plastic quality has improved? Are the panel gaps near the steering column still evident?

That panel gap is still there,see pic below, taken from my mobile cam so excuse the quality, is quite an eyesore but forgiven.

If you recall a pic of European Punto EVO, posted below, that gap is also there.

The grain atop the dash is much softer now, the bonnet release leaver is improved so that it does not fall off, the glove box feels much more durable and the parcel tray lock will no longer fall off, it is now fixed much better.

Additional layers of sound deadening has been equipped inside the body and the car feels about 15 percent quieter.

Apart from that, not much. Mechanically the car is unchanged, so do not expect more. But the car feels better put together. The free insurance scheme plus extended warranty plus roadside assistance is not valid on 2010 models, yet I availed it.

How? of course, patane par.:)

Of topic, that orange siena came into question as I was pretty tempted to save a HUGE amount but still, with upar walas grace, a new car is more fun to own and drive, isn't it?

There are some things that are kept secret and a lot can happen behind curtains.

Then a surprise unfolds and the same happened here. Again, when I came to know some time back that my bro, who possesses the Santro is shifting to greater noida for his work, I was pretty frustrated.

I WILL HAVE NO CAR FOR MYSELF TO COMMUTE!! Aur kab tak mein life mein PBTS ke dhakke khate rahoonga?

So, what happened? And where and why was mind googling?

Find out on January 22, when the whole story will be written, when I turn 25.

A number that cannot be forgotten. Its not easy.

See you on January 22.

Ciao.

I have trouble believing this... I'm sure I'm not alone..

Did you actually buy a Punto or is it your style of narrating some story about someone else who bought it?

Its about someone else. About a member called sidindica. And thanks to my parents for helping me out in acquiring my 25th B'day present a full 5 days in advance.

A story of an event of this magnitude has to be hatke, so I will need 5 days to properly put down in my own new style of writing.

I love to give surprises, so after the jazz, this is my personal second, and probably last until at least 2015, the minimum time that I will keep the punto.

A hint to my story: DL ** F 6548:), our first car, a premier padmini.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1685922)
Its about someone else. About a member called sidindica.

So, Congratulations on your new car! :thumbs up

Great write up sid. You never cease to surprise us. We will be waiting for that special day. So, you feel plastic quality is improved. Glad to hear that. FIAT is getting grip. Fiat owners like me will be very proud.
Congrats on the new car.:thumbs up One quick question? What is your comment about the AC in Punto? How do you feel it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdeepudev (Post 1685978)
One quick question? What is your comment about the AC in Punto?

Sorry I am not hijacking the question, anyway sid will answer.

The A/c in Punto is inferior to the A/c in my retro Palio. The cooling power is outstanding for a small car like Palio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1685986)
Sorry I am not hijacking the question, anyway sid will answer.

The A/c in Punto is inferior to the A/c in my retro Palio. The cooling power is outstanding for a small car like Palio.

Is it so? I had got a TD of punto before fixing on Linea. I felt that time that the AC is powerful. Its subjective right. You are a owner and you are the expert in that.:).

Awesome stuff dude!

Your going in for a Punto is itself a good statement on the brand. I'm sure many will be following your thread for feedback!!

Good going sid,

many congrats on the new punto.

drive safe,

congratz sid..!
great pics of THE hot hatch in india right now!
So,the Fiat fan in you re-surfaces :)
Waiting for the entire story your style maan..