Team-BHP - My White Fiat Punto MJD
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My White Fiat Punto MJD (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/73751-my-white-fiat-punto-mjd-3.html)

Woww..!! Congratulations SidIndica for your new buy.I'm glad that you bought a Fiat at last.Meanwhile you bought the car on Jan 16th right.?? Yup,It's my B'Day :D

Happy and Safe Motoring...!! I'm waiting for the complete report..!

The numbers will come up first, that is the deal details, followed by the process.

The car is bought in a finance. Stay tuned.

Congrats Sid! This is indeed a scoop :) Have been following your reports quite regularly and it seems surprising that you choose a Fiat... Like others mentioned, this is indeed a boost fro FIAT owners ... waiting for 25th eagarly for the complete story... :)
Happy Bday in advance!

I do not know where did my previous post vanish, but, hey Sid, congrats on moving from Twing-o-Twang to Klitter-O-Klatter. As you rightly wrote, there are plenty of bells and whistles to catch the glances. She will keep you safe, your new mistress from Italia.

The numbers (in RS.):

Punto emotion pack 1.3 diesel
Now for the scheme

cool! you got a nice bargain there! total VFM

i am still in a mood of surprise.am i reading it properly.Is it "sidindica"?yaa it is correct.wow.then it is a surprise to me.I know sidindica talks about the pros and cons of the Punto.neutral reviewer.but i dint expect you to buy a Punto after the Jazz.I dint mean Jazz is superior,but there is a perception Honda is.Congrats and thanks for buying a Punto.welcome to the club.Now i feel like selling ma Min.grey Punto and getting the bossa nova white.

Finance in rupees:All paperwork was handled by my dad.

Given my poor finance and mathematical knowledge, I hope I have put these figures in a correct manner.

Accessories to be fitted:
Number expected: DL ** ** 7007:)

Congrats Man!!:eek:

Amazing pics
amazing narration, I feel all this narration coming straight from your heart! :thumbs up

not to mention, a great number(7007)

Enjoy your car dude and keep her safe from the vandals on the roads!

btw I'd recommend getting a Tyvek car cover ASAP!(You'll be surprised at the protection it offers!)

Congrats!!! She is a beauty...

Safe & Happy driving.

Cheers!!!

Why I needed a car for myself:

Last December 2,2009, when I visited urmil motors, I met Mr. Neeraj, who impressed me with his knowledge about Fiat products. Quite a refreshing change from he usual Tata-Fiat dealerships.

That time the facility was under construction and was impressed with the huge workshop and pretty competent staff handling the cars. The Fiat section has different staff. Many personal joined from a Honda dealership here.

Baaton baaton mein I committed him that I will be purchasing from this showroom, but did not gave a date.

And when my bro called me up and told that he is shifting to greater Noida due to work related issues, I was surprised, yet did not say anything to him. All I knew was that the Santro was gone for good from my hands, he will be using it now almost full time.

And I was correct. But that time I had very restricted budget, about 1,50,000 only. So I had very limited time and I started searching for a decent used car.

(pics are of GP in my favourite colour choice)

Due to my hectic work, while everyone was getting crazy about auto expo (I did not attend it), I was working and still trying to get just enough time to search for the car.

Then I got a call from a friend-cum-neighbour that he plans to go abroad and that he is interested in selling his orange siena 1.6, done about 32,000 km for asking price of below 1,00,000. I had taken many rides and knew that for a 7 year old car, it is amazingly well maintained and just required minor work. If I bought it in a hurry, it would be one of a kind car here.

An orange siena 1.6 which I rarely get to see on Indian roads, could have been mine but my mind was googling that should I? Or should I not?

I started the discussion and was trying to get the asking price lowered, as the car is a rare breed and the resale value is just that-dismal. I even asked here that should I go for it or not? I did get some replies of yes and no but it still was a 50-50 chance.

But why didn't I go for it?

Don't believe its the same guy who started this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...oked-fiat.html

... and had turned out to be one of the more violent threads on Team BHP forum :)

Congrats Sid on the purchase and many happy returns of the day in advance.
Welcome to the FIAT club, well, again.

Many congrats on your new buy - the FIAT GP.
Advance wishes for your Birthday.

Drive safe.