Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 10:51   #16
BHPian

Hi guys,

Sorry forgot to mention in my excitement that in addition to the freebies, I also got complimentary car perfume, tissue box and a music CD from the dealer.

@quadmaniac: buddy don't bother about the music CD, apparently its a 2007 hindi songs CD. You will be better off without it. Trust me. I have trashed the CD in my drawer.

The price breakdown is as follows:

Ex-showroom: 360266
Vat@12.5%: 45033
Post budget increase: 8105
Insurance: 11862
Lifetime roadtax: 53500
Sunfilm (Garware Brand, 50% shade): 1333
Remote lock (General Motors Brand): 3333 (apologies guys for stating this as 4500 earlier)
Total: 483432

Freebies: Floor mats, mudflaps, car perfume, chevy teddy, tissue box, music cd

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Alston,
How the rear door handles are? Comfortable in use or comfort paid to get style?

They are very comfortable and convenient Alok. I assumed I would be having a tough time guiding my relatives and the occupants of the car as to where the handle is. But they all seem to locate it easily without asking me as if they themselves fixed the handles there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I went to check out Beat to Cropex on hosur raod. Sales man was knowledgeable. He explained the car in details.

Somehow did not like those flashy tacho and Speedo console!.

It seems the shor room is selling around 150 cars a month!

The LT (O) model with Airbag ABS isn’t out yet! is it true? they advised it will take at least 3 months for Air bag/ABS to be available!

@alstonlobo,

How was dealership experience at Chevy @ Mangalore?
First thing we have to keep in mind that there is a huge waiting period for LT variants. LS is readily available. The sales guy whom I dealt with was very cooperative and he did a lot of chasing around making sure I get my car before I change my mind. He got a fat tip for that.

All in all, the experience was and is great. Friendly staff, excellent service, I have no complaints so far.

PM me bro if you wanna book one at Mangalore, I can help you get hold of a sales contact.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.maulik View Post
great deal Alstonlobo, I do agree that dealers here dont give any thing for free. I paid for Floormatts, though the complete price was 4.8 & date of delivery was 21st feb. The car looks great.
They dont tell you that they are free, they will charge you for it unless you make a fuss asking for discount etc etc. As a last resort they gave me floor mats and mudflaps worth 1500 for free.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 15th March 2010 at 14:18. Reason: See the note at the end of your post
Old 15th March 2010, 14:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice. Thanks dude. may be next week when i come to Mangalore, i will take a TD of car.

But i checked Beat yesterday after checking Polo, So the "door closing THUD" of Polo was missing in Beat. Also in my next car, Air bag ABS is must so will wait for LT(O)

Please get team bhp sticker, so that next time i see you in Mangalore, we will exchange "tumb's up"
Old 15th March 2010, 15:09   #18
BHPian

Congratulations. I guess you are the first one to review a Chevy Beat since its launch in India. Happy revving!
Old 15th March 2010, 15:19   #19
BHPian

@alstonlobo congrats on youre new purchase.

How is the road view? I see that the driver sits a bit down compared to the height of the dashboard. Do the seats have height adjustment?
Old 15th March 2010, 15:25   #20
BHPian

Nice car you've got there buddy. Keep it clean. In my opinion, the black and this particular shade look awesome on the Beat. Not a big fan of the green shade and the roof-rails though!

As half of the people might have already told you, time for bigger and better wheels.

Heartiest congratulations!!

Cartman.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post

How is the road view? I see that the driver sits a bit down compared to the height of the dashboard. Do the seats have height adjustment?
AFAIR, there is no seat hight adjust in Beat!

Even i felt same. i could only see dash and nothing else when I sat in display vehicle!

Hence i decided not to take TD on Bangalore roads with this driving position!

Last edited by recshenoy : 15th March 2010 at 15:50.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new BEAT, I had taken test drive few weeks back. Liked the sporty Cruze styled cockpit. Nice choice of colour, any upgrade/accessories planned?
Old 15th March 2010, 16:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

congrats alstonlobo on your new possession .
No doubt that Chevy Beat is an excellent value for money Car, people will slowly but surely move away from the segment leaders Maruti's/Hyundai's for some thing more smart & offering better value.

Kudos to GM & Ford to give us better deal..

Alstonlobo do share your buying & service experience.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:57   #24
BHPian

Sure bro, be my guest.

I have not seen a Polo personally so I cannot comment much on the car. It may appeal to some buyers.

IMO LT(O) is a very good bet but do you think airbags are suitable for indian city conditions, what if some bike guy just scrapes through your bumper and the bags pop out? Would that not be a hassle than convenience?

Sure bro will try to get a sticker ASAP.

Cheers.

Quote:
Nice. Thanks dude. may be next week when i come to Mangalore, i will take a TD of car.

But i checked Beat yesterday after checking Polo, So the "door closing THUD" of Polo was missing in Beat. Also in my next car, Air bag ABS is must so will wait for LT(O)

Please get team bhp sticker, so that next time i see you in Mangalore, we will exchange "tumb's up"
Thanks buddy. Cheers to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations. I guess you are the first one to review a Chevy Beat since its launch in India. Happy revving!
Hi ElantraGT, thanks for your wishes.

The road view is sufficient enough for me since I am 5'10" but shorter people might find it inconvenient. The seating posture is very sporty and the seat literally hugs you and you gain good confidence to judge the distance around the car while nearing tight spaces. I am not well versed with driving, just getting the hang of it, been riding all these years, yet I have squeezed the car through tight spots and have made no blunders.

The seats do not have height adjustment at all. Maybe an aftermarket bush can be installed in the seat fitting area or something, I am unsure about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post

Thanks buddy, well the car really shines in the sunlight, and I am glad that I made the right choice on colour too.

Bigger wheels are on the cards once the roads in my city gets repaired (they are under repair now) and the rains will approach soon, so post that I shall get her a new set of footwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Nice car you've got there buddy. Keep it clean. In my opinion, the black and this particular shade look awesome on the Beat. Not a big fan of the green shade and the roof-rails though!

As half of the people might have already told you, time for bigger and better wheels.

Heartiest congratulations!!

Cartman.
What's your height bro if I may ask?

Quote:
AFAIR, there is no seat hight adjust in Beat!

Even i felt same. i could only see dash and nothing else when I sat in display vehicle!

Hence i decided not to take TD on Bangalore roads with this driving position!
Thanks buddy, well better wheels and ICE are on the cards but much later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats on your new BEAT, I had taken test drive few weeks back. Liked the sporty Cruze styled cockpit. Nice choice of colour, any upgrade/accessories planned?
Hi tj123, I completely agree with your opinion on Chevy going for the lion's share of the car market in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
congrats alstonlobo on your new possession .
No doubt that Chevy Beat is an excellent value for money Car, people will slowly but surely move away from the segment leaders Maruti's/Hyundai's for some thing more smart & offering better value.

Kudos to GM & Ford to give us better deal..

Alstonlobo do share your buying & service experience.
Old 16th March 2010, 01:42   #25
lsp
BHPian

Congrats Lobo... the car looks great in that color. Seems u r very satisfied with the looks as well as the power of the car.

BTW whats the name of that color. I remember something like Foxtrot Azure in Linea being very similar to this.
Old 16th March 2010, 01:53   #26
BHPian

@lsp

Color name is Misty Lake Metallic
Old 16th March 2010, 07:05   #27
BHPian

I am surprised - this color looks stunning boy. A head turner.

Post some interior pics too... specially of the view the rear seats provide.
Old 16th March 2010, 07:12   #28
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely choice of color. It looks stunning on the Beat.
Congratulations mate !!
Old 16th March 2010, 08:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Airbags save lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
IMO LT(O) is a very good bet but do you think airbags are suitable for indian city conditions, what if some bike guy just scrapes through your bumper and the bags pop out? Would that not be a hassle than convenience?
bags wont be deployed by scrapes!!! read up on airbag tech
Old 16th March 2010, 17:36   #30
BHPian

Congratulations Alstonlobo on your new Beat. It sure looks amazing in Misty lake shade. After seeing the pics you posted..i could convince my wife for the misty lake shade ..she was supporting the super red earlier.

Will you please update us on the FE figures..?

Further, some users were pointing out that there is a sap in engine power with AC at low RPMs did you also have a chance to experience this..?

The guy at the showroom in Kropex, bangalore was telling me that upgrade to alloys and 175 rubber would cost 25K extra on the LT model (sans option pack)..was anything in similar lines mentioned in Mangalore..?

have fun and drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks