Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 09:02   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
I have got my best friend in Bangalore who has purchased on my behalf, Boston speakers for dash and Polk speakers for the rear.
Could you give the details of the dealer in B'lore from where you got the Polk db461.
Is it from JC Road?
Do you know any other brand 4*6 speakers I can consider, which is available in the market?
Actually I checked-up in some of the shops including Reliance Autozone. but all of them are telling it is very difficult to get 4*6 speakers.
I dont want to go for 6*9 with parcel tray.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:13   #152
BHPian

I am planning to go for JBL / Pioneer, would have to check for Polk Audio. can you give me a rough total price estimate for front and rear speakers combined?

Also i do not want to load the speakers on the parcel tray. I want them to be in the stock location.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Thanks for the comment and quick reply
Ok, the thing is, I don't expect the acceleration to be earth shattering, but as an owner (family car) of an i10 1.2L Kappa, the different in acceleration is pretty huge. In second gear I can push my i10 to around 70-80kmph, in third it shoots to close to a 100kmph. That engine is really a beast, and I manage to get a FE of around 14 in the city with good careful driving. So my comment was with regard to that. I'm very happy the beat offers a chunky 4 cylinder engine instead of a smaller 3 pot one but that should mean slightly better power.

But I'm willing to compromise on that for city driving. It's extremely comfy to drive in traffic, clutch release is so smooth! Furthermore, from what people say, the car is slung too low, and visibility is bad. I have to disagree! The swooping, supercar feel dashboard and visibility is just so good and accurate! The low slung cockpit makes you feel closer to the ground for accurate steering and driving.

Just my take on the situation!

And thanks for the sound updates. I want to be able to play metal loud and not hear the speakers vibrate and tear at louder volumes. Same with the bass. I usually have to go into the bass settings and turn it a lot lower.

I'm hoping to book a car in september, perhaps october. Still in researching mode. Wish me luck.
All the luck buddy, may you get your baby soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Could you give the details of the dealer in B'lore from where you got the Polk db461.
Is it from JC Road?
Do you know any other brand 4*6 speakers I can consider, which is available in the market?
Actually I checked-up in some of the shops including Reliance Autozone. but all of them are telling it is very difficult to get 4*6 speakers.
I dont want to go for 6*9 with parcel tray.
You are correct, getting 6x4 speakers is a huge challenge. Boston audio has 6x4 model also and there are a few other brands, if you google you can get info online but availability in India is impossible.

The Polks I have got are from Kumars Automobiles and agencies, #16H Siddaiah Road. Ph: 080-41248934

I would definitely recommend the db641 as they give the best bang for the buck, take my word for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I am planning to go for JBL / Pioneer, would have to check for Polk Audio. can you give me a rough total price estimate for front and rear speakers combined?

Also i do not want to load the speakers on the parcel tray. I want them to be in the stock location.
Please do go for the Polk as they are great in sound quality as well as rigidity, they look like they will last a lifetime.

Cost breakdown
Rear speakers - Polk db641 - Rs 3600
Front speakers - Boston playsmart si403- Rs 1600
Total - Rs 5200
Peace of mind - Priceless
Old 7th July 2010, 22:51   #154
BHPian

Thanks a lot buddy , you solved my speaker upgrade dilemma. I would have to check with some dealers here in Pune for polk audio
Old 7th July 2010, 23:49   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Thanks a lot buddy , you solved my speaker upgrade dilemma. I would have to check with some dealers here in Pune for polk audio
No probs.. Do keep us posted on the updates!
Old 8th July 2010, 14:42   #156
BHPian

Quote:
You are correct, getting 6x4 speakers is a huge challenge. Boston audio has 6x4 model also and there are a few other brands, if you google you can get info online but availability in India is impossible.
The Polks I have got are from Kumars Automobiles and agencies, #16H Siddaiah Road. Ph: 080-41248934
I would definitely recommend the db641 as they give the best bang for the buck, take my word for it
Please do go for the Polk as they are great in sound quality as well as rigidity, they look like they will last a lifetime.
Thanks Alston.
Yes.. I already searched in net and found lot of international online stores having 6*4. But all of them are costlier than the price mentioned by you.
I will be going for Polk db641.
Probably this month end I will try to get it from Kumars.

It seems the price of Boston playsmart si403 got reducecd to around Rs.1300/-. I saw it in Reliance Autozone, when I went there to get the front speakers. Ultimately settled with 4" JBL GT5-S204 for Rs.1650/-.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:04   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Alston.
Yes.. I already searched in net and found lot of international online stores having 6*4. But all of them are costlier than the price mentioned by you.

It seems the price of Boston playsmart si403 got reducecd to around Rs.1300/-. I saw it in Reliance Autozone, when I went there to get the front speakers. Ultimately settled with 4" JBL GT5-S204 for Rs.1650/-.
I had actually settled for the Infinity Electra 4.1 component speakers for the front but it was unavailable in Bangalore so had to do with the Boston coax. They sound neat and the highs are crisp too. How is the SQ of your JBL 4 inchers?
Old 9th July 2010, 14:57   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Alston.

Try the 6" comps at the doors rather sticking on stock, it rocks.

I got S204 for 1350/- and SW CS12 for 3650/ with B&W. PM me if you need in future.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post

I got S204 for 1350/- and SW CS12 for 3650/ with B&W. PM me if you need in future.
Could you post some pics on the installs please?
Old 9th July 2010, 15:48   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Could you post some pics on the installs please?
Sure give me some time to do that, if you belive me, I have'nt taken a single snap of my Beat. This week end will try and post it. Even I want to hear the feed backs from the Gurus any other alterations to be done or not.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:49   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Sure give me some time to do that, if you belive me, I have'nt taken a single snap of my Beat. This week end will try and post it. Even I want to hear the feed backs from the Gurus any other alterations to be done or not.
Which doors have you installed the speakers? Front or rears? How is the SQ? Did you get the doors damped?
Old 10th July 2010, 10:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Which doors have you installed the speakers? Front or rears? How is the SQ? Did you get the doors damped?
Front doors, SQ is quite good compared to the stock space ie; near windshield. Sound stage is far better than the stock position. I've tried it with a small JBL GT5S204 later I shifted it to rear powering directly from HU. Front speakers and SW are from AMP. I am yet to do the damping, bcz of a reason which I've explained in another thread here's it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1974420

Yes my door rattles at higher volumes but very rarely I reach that volume. But the installation was a bit different from the normal door installation hence the less rattle.
Speakers were installed within the bottle storage space with the help of 3 spacers and there's a small hole behind the speaker to the door plastic panel. So the speakers r almost outside of the panel results less resonance and rattle. It was just a coincidence but it came out well as am running with speakers with no damping for the last 3 months. But the sub in the rear rattles some of the heavy beats of Hip Hops but that too at higher levels. I've made some padding work with some double side tape on back side on the alumn number plates as its rattling too much not audible from outside though.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:50   #163
BHPian

Quote:
I had actually settled for the Infinity Electra 4.1 component speakers for the front but it was unavailable in Bangalore so had to do with the Boston coax. They sound neat and the highs are crisp too. How is the SQ of your JBL 4 inchers?
Infinity Electra 4.1 is a different category and cannot be compared with Boston/JBL etc in both quality as well as price.
JBL also give very good crisp sound - both mids and highs are really good.
I feel both JBL and Boston are equally good.

Quote:
Yes... 6" components are always better than the stock size.
But was not willing to cut the door pannel.
That is the reason for sticking to the stock size.
For those who doesn't mind cutting the door pannel, 6" is the best option.
I think a spacer ring is also reqd for the install.
Pls post your pics..
Old 10th July 2010, 20:58   #164
BHPian

I am planning to fix a Boston G112 sub along with my Hertz amp. Hopefully I might get the Sub next week if all goes to plan.
Old 10th July 2010, 21:01   #165
BHPian

Off topic, guys please see my Garage on my first ride, the Red Rocket. Appreciated. Cheers!

2000 Kinetic Y2K a.k.a The Red Rocket - alstonlobo's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks