Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 11:14   #301
BHPian

Re: Review: My new Chevrolet Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Please tell whether 13 kmpl in city is with AC or without AC?, 16 kmpl in mixed driving condition with 50 % AC usage is a very good FE. It means you got approximately 19 kmpl on highways. As FE depends on various factors, please tell about your driving style, the usage of gears, gears in which most of the driving is done, traffic conditions (B2B/Crawling City/Normal City/Highway and % of driving in each of these), rpm band in which the car is driven, usage of AC, road conditions and pay load.
Hi Topo,

13kmpl in city is 90% without AC. The problem with my daily route is the roads are not good for first 2 kms (its under renovation as a new layer of tar is being put up), I would be going on 2-3 gear max on such roads with speeds of 20-25kmph max.
I always drive within 2.5k with a maximun push to 3k rpm, never exceed that raqnge anytime. I am a sedate driver, while chaging gears, playing with clutch and braking, I do not jerk the car at all in any situation while driving.
I use first gear only to move the car from stationary and would be on second gear almost immediately but ensures that there is no knocking. Since my car has not got ECU remap the second gear lag has improved now that its above 9k on the odo. The pull is better and I do not have to push the pedal for pickup to shift to thrid gear. With my sedate driving style I'm even found using 4th gear even while doing speeds of 30-35kmph. My average speed is 40kmph and this is for city driving. I drive alone and carry no luggage.
Leave home at 9am daily, there is a build in traffic but not crawling, yet would be in 3rd gear sometimes in traffic. Rarely I will be caught in a bottleneck with 10 minutes burning fuel on crawling traffic on 1st gear with some chances to upshift to 2nd only. But am a regular with 4th gear max as mentioned above. I leave office at 7pm and experience similar traffic and same driving pattern. I dont use AC (the weather is with me ), only use fan and drive with the windows slightly down if its not dusty.
I do not use highways as that's not my route to office. Only if I go for a roadtrip with friends (which is how I got that mileage above with 3 people on board). My car is 100% used for city only and no crawling traffic encountered regularly. Tyre pressure is maintained weekly or every 100 kms and fuel is filled always full tank in one shot.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:03   #302
BHPian

Alston perhaps you should consider going for the ECU remap. And are you sure it wasn't done for you during the services by default?

When I went for my first service, I saw "latest ECM remap" in the bill without me asking for it (of course, costing Rs 0)

Reason I'm saying you might consider going for ECU remap is that I don't think my FE has taken hit due to that.

FE per paisa has taken a big hit due to the huge Petrol prices ;-)
Old 9th February 2011, 12:34   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Alston perhaps you should consider going for the ECU remap. And are you sure it wasn't done for you during the services by default?

When I went for my first service, I saw "latest ECM remap" in the bill without me asking for it (of course, costing Rs 0)

Reason I'm saying you might consider going for ECU remap is that I don't think my FE has taken hit due to that.

FE per paisa has taken a big hit due to the huge Petrol prices ;-)
Quad buddy long time , well I know the service head of my dealer here and personally instructed them not to do the ECU remap, basically I was not finicky of the lag, and now it seems to have improved and I have no issues with the response and FE. Another service is due in a month and I am again not too keen on the remap. All in all, I'm happy and so is the car
Old 9th February 2011, 14:41   #304
BHPian

Thanks alstonlobo for the details. 13 kmpl for such driving conditions is really a good FE. I am also running with original ECU setting. Though I opted for New ECU setting but I observed a drop in FE, so I reverted to the original ECU setting. For city traffic of Udaipur and my sedate driving style I too don't feel any lag in second gear.

@quadmaniac: GM is claiming better FE with New ECU Setting, but I feel that the original ECU setting is more fuel efficient.
Our forum member salbin is getting a FE of 16.5 (75% Highway/Open Roads and 25% City, 36psi tyre pressure, +9000 km on Odo) with New ECU Setting whereas alstonlobo is getting a FE of 16 (50% Highways and 50% City, 50% AC, 32psi tyre pressure, > 9000 km on Odo) with Original ECU setting. Please post your car's FE figures with all details on driving conditions as described by salbin and alstonlobo so that we can have more statistics for comparision.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:59   #305
BHPian

Just to add some more to my car's FE figure, on an average it always gives 13 to 13.5 with 50% AC on. The lowest I ever got was 11 that was with 100% AC on and extreme city driving.
Old 14th February 2011, 23:01   #306
BHPian

I have being getting better FE now on city and highway driving. I recently drove at constant 80 kmph speed on Mumbai - Pune Eway and got a FE of 18kmpl with 70% AC on and proper luggage and 3 passenger load, even with city driving i have started getting constant 14 kmpl and sometimes 15 kmpl on light luggage and full 5 passenger load with 30-40% AC in proper b2b peak hour traffic.

I had recorded trip log of a recent long drive to Kihim, Akshi and Alibaug beach driving Pune - Mumbai - Alibaug - Mumbai and back to pune, lost the paper chit on which i recorded the details in hurry while travelling, normally record trip logs on mobile notepad missed updating this one!
Old 14th February 2011, 23:14   #307
Senior - BHPian

I an still to get it (better mileage I mean) and my version came with the revised ECU settings. Version3 basically.

But I guess I am getting milage now in the range of probably 10kms per ltire, all city driving, 5 days a week.
Old 15th February 2011, 02:26   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
The camera is awesome, it streams video signal wirelessly to the screen with a range of upto at 20ft max, it records the video on SD card supporting max capacity 32GB, in case I do not want to record, I can simply set the camera to plainly stream the video to the screen with the touch of a button.
Not sure I understood. Is this a reversing cam. What are you recording?
Old 15th February 2011, 09:32   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Not sure I understood. Is this a reversing cam. What are you recording?
Just go back a few pages buddy where you will see how my car was vandalised. This camera is more on the lines of a cctv and does more than that. Its a security cum safety device
Old 15th February 2011, 10:44   #310
BHPian

Guys one more question. What tyre pressure do you maintain? I generally opt for 33 (the recommended 32 is too soft for me).

However I think I prefer something even harder, perhaps 34 or 35. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?
Old 15th February 2011, 11:07   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Guys one more question. What tyre pressure do you maintain? I generally opt for 33 (the recommended 32 is too soft for me).

However I think I prefer something even harder, perhaps 34 or 35. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?
I set the meter to 33 while filling knowing that a slight loss in pressure while disconnecting the nozzle brings down the pressure slightly. There has been a time when I ignored the air filling for a month and pressure came down to 27 and I did not face any change in vehicle response actually.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:18   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I have being getting better FE now on city and highway driving. I recently drove at constant 80 kmph speed on Mumbai - Pune Eway and got a FE of 18kmpl with 70% AC on and proper luggage and 3 passenger load, even with city driving i have started getting constant 14 kmpl and sometimes 15 kmpl on light luggage and full 5 passenger load with 30-40% AC in proper b2b peak hour traffic.
Great FE. 18 kmpl on highways and 14 kmpl in city, that means overall 16 kmpl (50% Highway - 50% City) with approx. 50% AC usage. So you are the fourth member getting ~ 16 kmpl in mixed driving conditions, alongwith "salbin", "alstonlobo" and "informaha" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I an still to get it (better mileage I mean) and my version came with the revised ECU settings. Version3 basically.

But I guess I am getting milage now in the range of probably 10kms per ltire, all city driving, 5 days a week.
If you are driving in heavy city traffic, mostly in 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gears, you will not get more than 10-11 kmpl with 100% AC and 12-13 kmpl without AC.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:21   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
So you are the fourth member getting ~ 16 kmpl in mixed driving conditions, alongwith "salbin", "alstonlobo" and "informaha".
But what is the ECU version/setting of all of your cars? Mine is the non remapped factory setting.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:41   #314
BHPian

Quote:
I set the meter to 33 while filling knowing
Do you have your own tyre air pump? If so, how much does it cost ?
Old 15th February 2011, 12:47   #315
BHPian

Quote:
But what is the ECU version/setting of all of your cars? Mine is the non remapped factory setting.
My car is running on original ECU Setting.
salbin, informaha and KreativeGeek's cars are running on remapped ECU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks