Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 20:40   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Hi Alston, What is the mileage you are getting now? I checked with my beat LT and confirmed it as around 15 in city with 30% AC on. My beat now clocked 2500 kms only. And i felt that the AC is not that much powerful like the ones in Figos or Swifts. Expecting your feedbacks on this.

Hi Vivek,

My car has crossed 7k kms on the odo and overall i get mileage of 13kmpl with 100% AC and the best I have got was 16kmpl. All figures are in city driving with occasionall b2b traffic since I travel during peak hrs.

Regarding the AC, I have not faced any problem and the blower and cooling is powerful just as when the car was new. I have not experienced the Figo or Swift's ACs so I cannot comment on it but the Beat's AC is powerful enough to cool the cabin in 5 minutes on a hot sunny day.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alston
Old 20th November 2010, 21:19   #257
BHPian

Hi alston, same mileage figures here.
A/C is as good as any car i have been in. And hows is your ICE setup? Is HU good with your setup or are you in plans of changing it? Just wondering what brand is the stock HU?
Old 20th November 2010, 21:34   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
Hi alston, same mileage figures here.
A/C is as good as any car i have been in. And hows is your ICE setup? Is HU good with your setup or are you in plans of changing it? Just wondering what brand is the stock HU?

Hi Mitlesh,

I have upgraded my ICE if you are not aware.

Thread is located here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...t-lt-iced.html

The HU is very good and I do not have any qualms about it, hence wont be changing it. I have mentioned it all in my ICE thread.

I'm not sure of the brand nor am I bothered cos it does the job well and end of the day I'm happy

Cheers,
Alston
Old 20th November 2010, 22:30   #259
Senior - BHPian

Beat is a very good value for money car, one of my best friend is considering buying it.

He is a bit skeptical about following, would appreciate if Beat owners can throw some light:

1. How is the knee room at the front ? Does the knee foul with the central console, as in the Spark, specially in case of tall driver?

2. How about the under thigh support, specially for the front seats. Again, this worry comes because the Spark had its front seats sloping downwards, which resulted in poor underthigh support and hence tiredness after long drives. How does the Beat fare here.

P.S. Roof rails add an extra bit of character to this car. Looks very cool.
Old 20th November 2010, 23:03   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
1. How is the knee room at the front ? Does the knee foul with the central console, as in the Spark, specially in case of tall driver?
2. How about the under thigh support, specially for the front seats. Again, this worry comes because the Spark had its front seats sloping downwards, which resulted in poor underthigh support and hence tiredness after long drives. How does the Beat fare here.
Knee room at front is pretty good, I'm 5'11" and have no problems with my knee hitting the centre console. Yes it does touch the centre console but that does not interfere with driving at all.

Under thigh support is poor in this car, yes it does result in tiredness during long drives but you have to live with it sometimes
Old 20th November 2010, 23:16   #261
BHPian

This is one post I don't have joy in posting. Some idiot vandalised my car in office parking two days back and this huge scratch stares at my face whenever I see my car from front

On closer inspection it seems like its done using a Key and the force used was so hard that the metal is exposed at some places. Wish I knew who it was and I would put a same scratch along with 2 black eyes on his face.

Whoever done this should rot in hell and if he's reading this I have just one message for him - Face me if you are a Man!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1202.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1201.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 21st November 2010 at 18:51.
Old 21st November 2010, 00:26   #262
BHPian

Really sorry to see that brother, my heart goes out to you -- I know what you must be feeling. There are such idiots in our society who have nothing better to do!

Please try to get it fixed and claim insurance.
Old 21st November 2010, 11:30   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Really sorry to see that brother, my heart goes out to you -- I know what you must be feeling. There are such idiots in our society who have nothing better to do!

Please try to get it fixed and claim insurance.

Yeah man, some jealous coward will do such things. Anyways, I have ordered for a surveillance camera and once its installed I will challenge the chicken to do it again

Then I might get it painted or make do with a black vinyl sticker or something...

Last edited by Eddy : 21st November 2010 at 18:52.
Old 21st November 2010, 18:46   #264
BHPian

I can understand your pain, alstonlobo. My m800 has faced the same treatment at the hands of some unknown culprits.
Have you consulted the Chevy service regarding the scratch? Also, please shed some more light on the surveillance camera that you are planning to install.
Old 21st November 2010, 19:03   #265
BHPian

I can see your love for your ride and the pains and heart bleeding at the "jealousy scratch art" some one performed.

It only Just reminds my 2004 experience of seeing my Mazda 626 got vandalized from boonnet to boot with so many deep scratches. I got down to the car in midnight to say sorry to the car that I didnot protect you!

Since 2005 I drive company leased cars and hence NO attachment

Sorry for being OT
Old 21st November 2010, 19:13   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Have you consulted the Chevy service regarding the scratch? Also, please shed some more light on the surveillance camera that you are planning to install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
I can see your love for your ride and the pains and heart bleeding at the "jealousy scratch art" some one performed.

It only Just reminds my 2004 experience of seeing my Mazda 626 got vandalized from boonnet to boot with so many deep scratches. I got down to the car in midnight to say sorry to the car that I didnot protect you!

Many Thanks guys for your sympathies and I too would like to extend my sympathy for your experience.

auto-one here is the link about the camera
Wireless Security Car Camera DVR Video A/V Recorder - eBay (item 270629250360 end time Nov-29-10 05:11:23 PST)

I did ask the Chevy guy, he said patchwork can be done but that would result in paint difference when in sunlight, he suggested me to get the entire hood painted and guaranteed no difference in paint shade. I did not ask for the cost though. The camera is the first thing on my mind, I'm awaiting the vandal to play his game again and this time I will catch him.

harimakesh I can understand how equally damaged your heart was in comparison to your car, may those culprits rot in hell, thats all we can wish for!!

Last edited by alstonlobo : 21st November 2010 at 19:18.
Old 21st November 2010, 20:45   #267
BHPian

Say hello to Skids

Guys this is Skids who adorns my dashboard during my daily rides
Attached Images

Old 22nd November 2010, 10:36   #268
BHPian

sorry to hear that dude. haven't you got that motion sense alarm or so called with your car security. it can be annoying but if its a unsafe parking space its worth the trouble.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:23   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
sorry to hear that dude. haven't you got that motion sense alarm or so called with your car security. it can be annoying but if its a unsafe parking space its worth the trouble.
nopes mate, my autocop does not have the motion sensor thingie, and its not worth in my case cos I have dogs at home who end up bumping into the parked car when they play wrestling

Well i have ordered for a video recorder and that should arrive soon.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:09   #270
BHPian

gr8.. and SKIDS looks kewl.. perhaps if it can transform and protect your car. .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks