Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1943.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1945.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1946.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1947.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 15:34   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
hey akshath, nice shiny car you have there, besides, nice setup, like your choice of speakers, trust they sound crisp and jar free, let them run in for a couple of hours before your crank them up.

Could I suggest you to tape up the loosely hanging wires, thats somethin I personally feel would snap off when making use of the boot. Also I like the usages of plug and play lugs on your speakers, but be gentle with them when you connect/disconnect as you would not want to cut off the speaker terminals.

Enjoy your setup and have fun, cheers!
Thanks for the suggestion about loose wires bro. in fact i experienced the problem first hand when i went to pick up my Mom in law day before yesterday. the wires were getting entangled with the suitcase. No problem in fitting the s.case in the boot though. The lugs you see in the pics came in the packaging itself. The only wire used that was not in the original Polk audio pack is the one connecting the original speaker wire (OEM) to the crossover. Will be gentle with them, specially cause they are original polk audio high quality fittings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey akshant,

A nice clean work i should admit. Looks super cool

Do you have any difficulties while closing the boot? What i mean is, when you close the boot of your car, does it get in contact with the hard base that you have put? I have a similar setup and i feel that the trims hit the board while closing my boot.

Also i get a thud sound when on some rough roads, have to check it out whether its coz of this board or due to the collar installation which was an issue initially (i have'nt checked for this collar since my purchase so will do it while i go for my 1 month check up next week).. I am having this noise only after installing my ICE, so doubt whether this is by non proper seating of this base . Did not check it out whether i get the noise by removing this base, will do it next week though.

Thanks,
Raj.
It sounds much much better than it looks Raj. Thanks for the compliments on the setup waise. No difficulty in closing the boot as the parcel tray is custom made for beat and is a perfect fit. Not even a cm more or less than what is adequate (kudos to Bassfx company). In fact they even make it as per order for 6x9 oval speakers or 6.5 " round ones or whatever size u want. Spent a litle extra, but got great quality stuff. It cost me 800 rs. Trust me, Even without an amp i am getting such wonderful sound that i feel like advising everyone again and again not to go for versions lower than LT just because they want a good audio head unit. The OEM unit is great. It just needs better speakers.

Quote:
Last set of the install pictures

Great installation pics man. Now i am jealous. i need to get a sub too. I think i'll sit in front of the railway station and start begging from today itself to collect the money .
Old 21st August 2010, 15:59   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Great installation pics man. Now i am jealous. i need to get a sub too. I think i'll sit in front of the railway station and start begging from today itself to collect the money .
He he he thanks man, well you can rig up a sub and amp within a 11K budget like mine, let me know your budget and I can work something out for you
Old 21st August 2010, 17:28   #201
BHPian

Quote:
He he he thanks man, well you can rig up a sub and amp within a 11K budget like mine, let me know your budget and I can work something out for you
Amazing, Astonishing, incredible, donno what other words to add. Looks very nice with the blue bacground lighting. It'll definetely make many more owners like me to be jealous of your vehicle

Job well done and yeah thank you very much for sharing these pics.

Regards,
Raj.
Old 21st August 2010, 17:32   #202
BHPian

It sounds much much better than it looks Raj. Thanks for the compliments on the setup waise. No difficulty in closing the boot as the parcel tray is custom made for beat and is a perfect fit. Not even a cm more or less than what is adequate (kudos to Bassfx company). In fact they even make it as per order for 6x9 oval speakers or 6.5 " round ones or whatever size u want. Spent a litle extra, but got great quality stuff. It cost me 800 rs. Trust me, Even without an amp i am getting such wonderful sound that i feel like advising everyone again and again not to go for versions lower than LT just because they want a good audio head unit. The OEM unit is great. It just needs better speakers.

Hey Akshat,

By any means, do you know where i can get those parcel tray in chennai or bangalore? I doubt whether my parcel tray will hurt my trims.

Thanks,
Raj.
Old 21st August 2010, 17:40   #203
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff alstonlobo!

The setup looks very professional - nice! If I've got it right you've retained the original HU, which is good as it makes the whole interior look classy.

A small video clip sampling your system would be great!

Last edited by anekho : 21st August 2010 at 17:45.
Old 21st August 2010, 22:10   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Amazing, Astonishing, incredible, donno what other words to add. Looks very nice with the blue bacground lighting. It'll definetely make many more owners like me to be jealous of your vehicle

Job well done and yeah thank you very much for sharing these pics.

Regards,
Raj.
Many Thanks Raj, glad you are jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Great stuff alstonlobo!

The setup looks very professional - nice! If I've got it right you've retained the original HU, which is good as it makes the whole interior look classy.

A small video clip sampling your system would be great!
Thanks buddy! Yes I have retained the HU, if you look closely in the previous page the picture of the installer guy in the illuminated boot, the HU is faintly visible

A video will come up soon, stay tuned!
Old 22nd August 2010, 10:35   #205
BHPian

Wow!!
Congrats..Nice install.
Earlier your amp was under the seat rite?

In fact I got inspired from your speaker upgrade thread and upgraded mine. Thanks a lot.
I used to listen music at lower volume levels, but now after the upgrade the volume level is increased.
Old 22nd August 2010, 15:22   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Wow!!
Congrats..Nice install.

In fact I got inspired from your speaker upgrade thread and upgraded mine. Thanks a lot.
I used to listen music at lower volume levels, but now after the upgrade the volume level is increased.

Nopes dude my amp was never under seat nor even installed for that matter until what you see in these pictures. It was just lying in the box in the boot waiting for the sub to arrive so that it could team up and cause havoc
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:03   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Wow!!
Congrats..Nice install.

By the way, how are the db461? How would you rate them on a scale of 10?
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:11   #208
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, how are the db461? How would you rate them on a scale of 10?
Now the sound is crisp and I like it.
I would rate it 8/10 - far better than the stock ones.
The mid and high frequencies are crisp.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:17   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Now the sound is crisp and I like it.
I would rate it 8/10 - far better than the stock ones.
The mid and high frequencies are crisp.
Just the way I thought
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:22   #210
BHPian

Guys this is my car's album on Facebook.

My First Car - Chevrolet Beat LT | Facebook

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks