Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 15:20   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Got my Beat ICE'd finally.
Got Polk audio 6.5 inch component speakers (DB series) Polk Audio - db Series - Mobile / Marie Speakers installed in the rear on custom made 'BassFX' parcel tray
with Hertz audio DIECI DCX100 coax 4" speakers HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo in normal front speaker slot. Didnt have any money left for amp and woofer as had a budget of 15-16 thousand and this stuff alone cost me close to 11,000. But totally worth it. These were the largest size components available, and trust me, they are worth every penny i spent. The Bass is not thumping, but its absolutely adequate and what i wanted. The sound is so sweet and music has started sounding amazing. Crystal Clear sound upto volume 32-33. Jars a little after that.
My query to u all is whether to go for an amp ? Will the sound improve any more with amp (as the dealer suggested) ? Should i get the woofer installed on the parcel tray itself or in an enclosure ? Any idea about "GLIDER" amplifiers ? Getting awesome power for 6000 rs. It is rated at 1500 watts in comparison to peak 1000 of JBL at same cost (as per the dealer again). I have no idea whats better, so, help me out guys.
Hi akshath, congrats on your upgrade. I have a query though, the rear speakers have a max capacity of 100W RMS. Do they sound underpowered by any chance after the upgrade? In case you plan to buy an amp, you can go for a 4 channel one and run the rear speakers (as there is room for more power) and a sub on the amp.

Dont go for Glider brand, honestly never heard of it and I just googled for it and came up with no relevant results, so that confirms what sort of brand reputation Glider has. I have a Hertz 2 channel amp for my sub and will be installing it shortly. Bought it for 6k and it is a decent amp I would say.

I would not suggest you mounting the sub on the parcel tray as no sub will deliver SQ in free air. Its best to use an enclosure.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:28   #182
BHPian

The monsoons and bad roads took a toll on my Beat. Got my baby a ramp wash last weekend and man the dirt resembled chocolate milkshake.

The guys did a good job with by spraying diesel to the underbody to loosen the dirt and pressured air was applied to hard to reach areas in addition to the compressed water wash. Here are the pics during the wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1011.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1012.jpg  

Old 10th August 2010, 11:17   #183
BHPian

Guys my subwoofer, enclosure and amp wiring has arrived from Bangalore. Just collected it an hour back from the bus depot. Not having much time on my hand presently to unpack, should do it soon and keep you posted.

Here is a sneak peak pic (Oh and its not a polk sub, just the packing is)
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1036.jpg  

Old 11th August 2010, 20:36   #184
BHPian

Guys I have finally unpacked the consignment and a big smile grew up on my face as I saw the stuff inside the box. Here is a treat for your eyes only. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1037.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1038.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1040.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1039.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1041.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1042.jpg  

Old 11th August 2010, 21:37   #185
BHPian

Alston dude, thats one BIG setup! I hope this fits into the BEAT :-)

Keep us posted!

I am thinking of upgrading my stock speakers too - and I'll surely knock on your door before I start!
Old 11th August 2010, 21:44   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Alston dude, thats one BIG setup! I hope this fits into the BEAT :-)

Keep us posted!

I am thinking of upgrading my stock speakers too - and I'll surely knock on your door before I start!

Quad bro the enclosure indeed fits in the boot space without hassles. I need to buy some polyfill to damp the enclosure interior.

Buddy I am at your service for any query or help. Do go for the Polk db461 for the rear only if you want to mount them on the stock provisions. They sound crisp and the mids are tight!

Let me know your budget and requirements and I can work something out for you.
Old 11th August 2010, 21:54   #187
Senior - BHPian

Im contemplating if Beat should be my next hatch to buy,but me being a die hard Fiatian,its a hard decision to make.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:08   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im contemplating if Beat should be my next hatch to buy,but me being a die hard Fiatian,its a hard decision to make.
I would suggest you read the detailed reviews of both cars on the forum including feedback given by owners and decide on what suits you best, after all its one's personal choice. If you have any questions on the Beat please feel free to ask us and we can answer your queries.

Cheers,
Alston
Old 12th August 2010, 13:42   #189
BHPian

lol Alston, as someone who makes do with the original setup - I may just make the trip to Mangalore if only to hear your setup. Looks very funky , post installation pics and let us know how it turns out.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:37   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
lol Alston, as someone who makes do with the original setup - I may just make the trip to Mangalore if only to hear your setup. Looks very funky , post installation pics and let us know how it turns out.
Thanks for your appreciation Takumi bro, you are certainly welcome to listen to my setup. Honestly this is a basic setup for me everything within a 20k budget. There is a white LT near my office whose owner actually replaced the integrated HU with a touchscreen and cobra styled speakers, at a total cost of 80k I see the car daily en route to office but not seen his setup, but heard this piece of info from my Chevy sales friend.

Installation should happen this weekend if everything goes to plan and I assure you all some install pics and also a video post the complete install.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:36   #191
BHPian

Hi alstonlobo. Posting here a few pics of my ICE setup. The front speakers went neatly under the plastic OEM cover so no photos of that. Rear setup photos alongwith the perfectly made Parcel tray added. I havent got my stock speakers removed. Just added a connector to the original socket after removing it from stock speakers and connected it to the Components. That ways on long trips, i can remove the connector, reconnect it to stock speakers and take off the parcel tray by removing just a couple of wires more . No Amp as yet, Nor a subwoofer.
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00508.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00516.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00515.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00517.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00521.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00522.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00525.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00524.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-dsc00526.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 17:15   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi alstonlobo. Posting here a few pics of my ICE setup. The front speakers went neatly under the plastic OEM cover so no photos of that. Rear setup photos alongwith the perfectly made Parcel tray added. I havent got my stock speakers removed. Just added a connector to the original socket after removing it from stock speakers and connected it to the Components. That ways on long trips, i can remove the connector, reconnect it to stock speakers and take off the parcel tray by removing just a couple of wires more . No Amp as yet, Nor a subwoofer.

hey akshath, nice shiny car you have there, besides, nice setup, like your choice of speakers, trust they sound crisp and jar free, let them run in for a couple of hours before your crank them up.

Could I suggest you to tape up the loosely hanging wires, thats somethin I personally feel would snap off when making use of the boot. Also I like the usages of plug and play lugs on your speakers, but be gentle with them when you connect/disconnect as you would not want to cut off the speaker terminals.

Enjoy your setup and have fun, cheers!
Old 18th August 2010, 13:17   #193
BHPian

Alright guys, this Friday I have taken leave and am getting the install of the amp and sub done. Watch this space.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:24   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Hey akshant,

A nice clean work i should admit. Looks super cool

Do you have any difficulties while closing the boot? What i mean is, when you close the boot of your car, does it get in contact with the hard base that you have put? I have a similar setup and i feel that the trims hit the board while closing my boot.

Also i get a thud sound when on some rough roads, have to check it out whether its coz of this board or due to the collar installation which was an issue initially (i have'nt checked for this collar since my purchase so will do it while i go for my 1 month check up next week).. I am having this noise only after installing my ICE, so doubt whether this is by non proper seating of this base . Did not check it out whether i get the noise by removing this base, will do it next week though.

Thanks,
Raj.

Last edited by informmaha : 21st August 2010 at 12:26.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:11   #195
BHPian

Ok guys, here is the stuff me, you and everyone else has been waiting for

Just done with the install yesterday and the job got done in 4 hours without a hassle or glitch.

Trust me guys, the sound is first class, even I did not expect such quality thump from this car which I thought was seems like its not so well insulated. No jarring, full clarity and my rear view mirror vibrates with every thump as if Godzilla has come, no jokes!

Let the pics do the talking, as usual I am open to all queries and questions.

P.S: My Chevy Sales guy auditioned my setup yesterday and he said "Alston, you did the impossible (upgrading a LT's stereo)"

Sorry about the gushing, here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1920.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1921.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1922.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1923.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-cimg1924.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks