Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 00:22   #151
BHPian

I disagree on the stalling thing. Obv. if one totally does not push accelerator in a steep curve engine will stall.

I just did a Kanva reservoir trip during the weekend, its a small place some 70kms form B'lore and there is a bridge construction going on - so the road is cut in between by a 30+ft dench. The alternate route is to get down by the side (100% pukka road) and cross at the stream level and climb up and do a 90 degree right turn, for those who have been there recently know this well. Figo successfully crossed this to and back (climb up and slope down) this diversion road to cross the stream and come back up to the road level which is some 30+ft higher.

The climb start after a 90 degree left turn and joins road and we have to do a 90 degree right turn immediately so there is so place for building speed... one just crawls along the stream turn left and climb up and turn right.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:23   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I disagree on the stalling thing. Obv. if one totally does not push accelerator in a steep curve engine will stall.

I just did a Kanva reservoir trip during the weekend, its a small place some 70kms form B'lore and there is a bridge construction going on - so the road is cut in between by a 30+ft dench. The alternate route is to get down by the side (100% pukka road) and cross at the stream level and climb up and do a 90 degree right turn, for those who have been there recently know this well. Figo successfully crossed this to and back (climb up and slope down) this diversion road to cross the stream and come back up to the road level which is some 30+ft higher.

The climb start after a 90 degree left turn and joins road and we have to do a 90 degree right turn immediately so there is so place for building speed... one just crawls along the stream turn left and climb up and turn right.

Totally agree i just wanted to highlight the effectiveness of the car in taking slopes, as long as you are in the right gear and keep the accelerator pushed in no problem what so ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore View Post
This was of concern to me too while booking the car. After reading your post my fears are confirmed. How bad does the car scrape though? On a scale of 1 to 10

when it scrapes its bad would rate at 8 with 10 being the worst. But again it depends on the hump construction, those that are quite tall and small width are trouble for the car

Quote:
I did read about another Team BHPian having the same problem on a climb where his car just refused to move, but its good to know that keeping the revs on alleviates that problem.

Climbing is not a problem at all as long as you are in the right gear and use the torque to push you up

Quote:
You say the 2nd gear lacks punch. Do you mean from standstill? ..because i found the 2nd gear quite versatile including on slopes while TD'ing the car.

In city 2nd gear is fine but quite didnt find it interesting in slopes and highways

Last edited by scorpio07 : 4th June 2010 at 13:24. Reason: editing
Old 4th June 2010, 13:30   #153
BHPian

Today i went to the bodyshop in Guindy Estate to get some touch ups for the bumper scratches.
I met one Mr. Bala , he was helpful and got it done. However the finish won't be perfect they did mention it and to get it done i need to get the entier bumper repainted. It was not worth it and so just got the touch up done.

While i was there saw two figos waiting to be taken in
1. First one was chill tdci diesel, taken for a drive on the beach road at 150kmph and lost control and crashed onto a pillar, the front totally gone with parts hanging out. TN 06 registration
2. Petrol Figo, chill again on the ECR at good speed, cow crosses the road. Driver panics and the vehicle rolls over, had suffered dents on the body and roof, and the hood.

Any Bhpians know or own the car.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:36   #154
BHPian

I need them to be done too. I parked in a place which had some cemebt rubble piled in front. Didnt notice and it ended up in cutting the bumper slightly. Looks bad and wanted to know if a touch up can be done. Thankfully, its only under the car.

Was also thinking of this... . If you notice, there is a thin plastic sheet near both the rear passenger sidewall. Its a sticker and hardly visible. Was wanting to put that for the front and rear bumper. Anyone know where to get that done. It can provide a lot of basic protection from the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Today i went to the bodyshop in Guindy Estate to get some touch ups for the bumper scratches.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:42   #155
BHPian

Quote:
when it scrapes its bad would rate at 8 with 10 being the worst. But again it depends on the hump construction, those that are quite tall and small width are trouble for the car
@scorpio, this is a problem with the Figo especially when one is going to go on state highways frequently. However, slow you are, you will end up scraping the underbody.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:53   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
@scorpio, this is a problem with the Figo especially when one is going to go on state highways frequently. However, slow you are, you will end up scraping the underbody.
i did check with body shop and they said that underscrapping will not cause any trouble
Old 7th June 2010, 18:35   #157
RGK
Senior - BHPian

The worst hump in chennai is on the Ramanujam Street entrance, left before TTD temple on the Venkatnarayana road when you come from the Nandanam Signal. If you pass that without scrapping then Figo will not hit any of the hump in India.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:22   #158
BHPian

hey guys its been busy the past few weeks, new job and stuff and couple of things kept me busy.

Well i had couple of things happen to the car

Incident 1:
Idiot parked his qualis bang opposite to my car park and as i was trying to squeeze into the lot ended up scratching the rear left door with 2 dot dents, not quite visible but the paint was scrapped off.
took it to the body shop they suggested to remove the dent and repaint the door.
estimate 5000 rs.

Incident 2:
the same week, had to go to vellor to wife's native. road well not much of a road in those places. While returning the road was very patchy and in order to avoid a pit went to the left. ran over a stone, didnt see it and it rolled over and damaged the running board to the left below the front passenger door.
Body shop again estimate 13k, they have to replace it. Basically cut off the damaged part and weld from a new piece.

Insurance claim:
Being a first time claimant i was naive and they said you can't claim both and they need proof (iffco tokio) so did only the running board and left the door, just retouched the paint and it looks fine.

I paid 1000 bucks and also during the vellore trip broke the mudflaps front ones both of them and got them changed. 400 bucks
Other than that all seems well and riding more miles on her, with her and loving it.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 23rd June 2010 at 23:23.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:51   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Incident 2:
the same week, had to go to vellor to wife's native. road well not much of a road in those places. While returning the road was very patchy and in order to avoid a pit went to the left. ran over a stone, didnt see it and it rolled over and damaged the running board to the left below the front passenger door.
Body shop again estimate 13k, they have to replace it. Basically cut off the damaged part and weld from a new piece.
They charged you 13k to repair a running board? Man, I can't believe this. What do they think they are repairing, a Ford Endeavour? Could you post pictures of the damage to the running board? Was it just the running board or did they replace any other parts?

Last edited by longhorn : 24th June 2010 at 10:52.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:05   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
They charged you 13k to repair a running board? Man, I can't believe this. What do they think they are repairing, a Ford Endeavour? Could you post pictures of the damage to the running board? Was it just the running board or did they replace any other parts?
i don't have the pictures didn't cross my mind to take one.
Running board was crumpled and holes made into it, they suggested to replace the running board. In figo, running board is a single "LLI " shaped part. They cut out the damaged part of the running board , welded the new one to it and painted it will post the receipt of the work.

Again sorry for the delay in response its been hectic and new place and stuff keeping me occupied.

PS: Update crossed 4000 kms and doing good will post the recent FE figures
Old 8th July 2010, 12:12   #161
BHPian

FE Update

Yesterday filled her tank again post the running board incident.

She drank 35.11 litres of Diesel, Trip meter: 392.3
FE: 11.2 kmpl

DTE reading after fill was 600 kms

My lowest FE so far, run 4308 kms now. All city run with AC
Old 8th July 2010, 13:20   #162
Adrenalin

Hi All Figo TDCi owners,

I am planning to book Figo ZXI IDCi in couple of days. Thanks to all the people who shared their experience.

But one thing always bothering me is that, whats the average mileage one can safely consider for figo TDCi engines, if it to be driven in mostly city traffic(Bangalore) conditions?

Can anybody share their info on average mileage?

Thanks,

Old 8th July 2010, 13:42   #163
Adrenalin

Quote:
Yesterday filled her tank again post the running board incident.

She drank 35.11 litres of Diesel, Trip meter: 392.3
FE: 11.2 kmpl

DTE reading after fill was 600 kms

My lowest FE so far, run 4308 kms now. All city run with AC
Thats haunting. 11+ is what my ikon(petrol) gives in Bangalore city traffic. I was thinking to go for diesel vehicles, considering price hike in petrol and lower mileages. This makes me rethink to go for Figo TDCi(whcih i am planning to go for).

Would you please throw more light as to in what condition you got such a low FE? Did you drive in lower gears? conjusted traffic ?

Whats your average FE as you have run 4308 kms? Whats the ratio of city:highway drives?

Old 8th July 2010, 20:38   #164

Have been hearing about the underbody scraping problem with the Figo a lot. So, what part of the underbody actually gets scraped? Is it bad for the car or is the car built to handle such issue?
Old 9th July 2010, 08:34   #165
Senior - BHPian

scorpio those are terrible figures.

I had posted a lot on the low mileage on Figo Facebook page. Last week i got a call from ford and they asked me to get a mileage check done at the a.s.s. I was unable to go since it was a busy time for me and i was travelling over the week end. I am thinking of getting it done when ever i am free. I'll have to fill my tank and go with them for a 100km drive with their drivers and then refill and see mileage.So i need to keep aside some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks