Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 17:00   #121
BHPian

@mustang: With all the actual feed-back you have received from members who are driving their Figo-s out there, what is the average mileage figure that you have got thus far?
Old 6th May 2010, 17:34   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
@mustang: With all the actual feed-back you have received from members who are driving their Figo-s out there, what is the average mileage figure that you have got thus far?
I think for the TDCi we have a figure of about 14 in the city on average. (?) have not done actual calculation but just an approximation.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:47   #123
BHPian

^Thanks. Its some-what close to the claimed figure of 15.
Old 6th May 2010, 20:02   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I think for the TDCi we have a figure of about 14 in the city on average. (?) have not done actual calculation but just an approximation.
If what you say is true i will be happy but 12 is not accetable as of now let see
Old 7th May 2010, 09:57   #125
BHPian

Hi All
have a query regarding steering. If i turn the steering to the right say to 1 or 2 O clock position, it returns automatically to the center 12 o Clock position. Whereas if the same is done to the left side say 11 or 10 o Clock position it doesn't come back.

Is this an issue with Figo or Ford cars in general or is it just my car doing it.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:05   #126
BHPian

not so good news, did the second tank fill 444 kms done she drank 37 litres that gives a mileage of 12kmpl, two consistent checks and its 12kmpl, what to do next? city driving with AC on at all times.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:25   #127
Senior - BHPian

Check this out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1875597
Old 8th May 2010, 15:46   #128
BHPian

Finally got her some shades to survive the summer, yes got the sunfilm finally

Went for Lumar gold series Opal 20 for windows and rear. will get the front windshield soon too. got the microfiber cloth also for 200 bucks
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo ZXi TDCi Colorado Red-tinted.jpg  

Old 8th May 2010, 17:46   #129
BHPian

Fellow BHPian's, I own a FIGO TDCI Titanium. Since there has been lot of noise on the forum about the mileage, I thought I will help you with this:
Turm-oil - Ritz VDI ABS vs Figo TCDI Titanium - Comparison Tests : Overdrive

Seems we should see good numbers on the higway runs. I guess apart from the reasons mentioned in the article about the low mileage, it could be the bigger AC compressor as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:14   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
Fellow BHPian's, I own a FIGO TDCI Titanium. Since there has been lot of noise on the forum about the mileage, I thought I will help you with this:

Seems we should see good numbers on the higway runs. I guess apart from the reasons mentioned in the article about the low mileage, it could be the bigger AC compressor as well.

Just my 2 cents.
thanks bruiser, i feel so too, particularly under city runs with the AC turned all the way to coolest point, will try to run it at proabably at 9 o clock positon. and check. Except for the mileage i am incredibly happy with my possession.
Old 8th May 2010, 22:25   #131
BHPian

@Scorpio07 - I still feel you are posting low numbers. A slight change in your driving style might help.

My gear changes are around 1800 RPM and I haven't crossed 2000 RPM yet.

My FIGO is still on first tankful. Will post the numbers at next tankful, I have a feeling its going to be 14-15 with AC on all the time in city driving conditions.

I am absolutely love the car, the only grouse I have is the ride quality is not as great as I thought it would be. May be I am spoilt by my PALIO.
Old 9th May 2010, 10:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The April 2010 Overdrive has the Ritz VDi in their long termers and the average F.E mentioned there is 14.6km/l. So I think we should not be expecting only similar or even 1km/l less from the Figo as mentioned in the report in your link.

Quote:
@Scorpio07 - I still feel you are posting low numbers. A slight change in your driving style might help.

My gear changes are around 1800 RPM and I haven't crossed 2000 RPM yet.

My FIGO is still on first tankful. Will post the numbers at next tankful, I have a feeling its going to be 14-15 with AC on all the time in city driving conditions.

I am absolutely love the car, the only grouse I have is the ride quality is not as great as I thought it would be. May be I am spoilt by my PALIO.
Do post the final figures.
Old 9th May 2010, 11:35   #133
BHPian

Looks like the initial excitement created by the Figo is fizzling out due to the lesser than expected FE figures. There are many known cases of Fiestas n Fusions which are giving more than 20 kms/litre on an average, even though most magazines quote around 18 as average. The latest issue of CAR magazine is quoting an average of 14.6 for Figo TDCi. I guess Ford should do some recalculations as to whether this would negatively impact the sales of future Figos. Personally I got a figure closer to 16 for my Figo TDCI.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:23   #134
BHPian

Crossed 1000 on the odo today exactly a month and a day later since getting her.Went all the way to Mahabalipuram, and yes the FE seems to have improved, this is based on the DTE, when i filled her belly the other day showed 578 on DTE, after drivng for 1110kms showed 504 km on dte, i guess it will improve, i am currently keeping her below 2k rpm, and shift at 2200 rpm, did the 30 sec run at 3k rpm in 3 and 4th gear.
Well another scratch on the bumper this time rear bumper right side, moving at slow speed at a signal, guy in front of me slipped, so i braked, dumbass TVS moped jackass hit her and took a small paint out of her, no dent nothing. so was not very bad.. still will try to look into my driving style to improve FE. Now it shows around 14.5 kmpl will check it when i fill her up again.
She was a pleasure to drive ,demanding to be driven, overtaking was a breeze and bolsters confidence at corners too. Was tempted to push her beyond 120 kmpl but controlled the urge. Ride comfort i find it spledid takes on the bumps well, so far done 1097 kms
Old 20th May 2010, 21:55   #135
BHPian

TIme for an update:
Filled her belly again, DTE was showing about 90 kms, Trip meter: 496.7 Fuel:36.16 ltrs
FE:13.73 kmpl, prev 2 tank fills gave about 12 kmpl.
about 100 kms on highways rest in city traffic with AC on all the times.

Its raining in chennai courtesy LAILA, i have been a big fan of the rear wipers and boy, my figuss tail has been wagging alot. what does this mean, more clearer windscreen, thats one big plus. Happy customer so far, also 2 more small scartches on my front bumper, parking issues at work.
Have covered 1370 kms so far, planning to do a trip to Coorg by 28th, thats going to add another 1300-1500 kms. Probably taking the Odo to 3000kms, i dont want to miss the first service, called up the service station and they said maximum 300 kms more than the prescribed first service is permissible.
Planning to run another 300 odd kms over the weekend and give her to service and then take her to Coorg.
Will update more later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks