Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 16:05   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Is the fuel efficiency just 12 kmpl for the Figo?? It is something that I cannot beleive despite the reviews quoting the TDCi as one of the best engines available.
@scorpio:First things first, HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS on owing one of the best hatches around

To All Figo Owners: Is the FE of tested, proven and frugal TDCi engine in Figo hovering around just 12 kpl (city driving and AC ON)?
Old 27th April 2010, 16:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Great. The GY's should serve you well.

I bought and received the Jopasu duster and the Microfiber cloth from eBay. Yet to use them, because my driver does most of the cleaning. Got the blue cloth from a local shop and made it ready(boiled with detergent).

I'll be putting the Sunfilm tomorrow at Balaji. Will check the demo pieces before deciding. 3M should be good enough. I'll also be checking some minor accessories tomorrow. My Innova has a superb parking sensor - something called Sonar. Will try to get that fitted.
thats cool, will get that too. will pm my email id, i might go for lumar or solar guard this weekend. They are replacing the tyres to good year all 5 of them will get her in the evening.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:00   #93
BHPian

quote=sheetumanu;1858316]@scorpio:First things first, HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS on owing one of the best hatches around

To All Figo Owners: Is the FE of tested, proven and frugal TDCi engine in Figo hovering around just 12 kpl (city driving and AC ON)?[/quote]
thanks Sheetumanu
Old 28th April 2010, 19:29   #94
BHPian

Got the car yesteday late in the evening, all 5 tyres replaced need to check tyre pressure. Also, everyting was alright, i had two figurines on the dash board stuck, when i took the car one of them was missing. So asked them to check it and they said no one took it, bit disappointed on that. It was glued on and someone took it. :(
Old 29th April 2010, 09:38   #95
BHPian

Update: Car doesn't pull to the left anymore. Have seen some figo owners that DTE figures are pessimistic, not in my case, i believe its hovering around 12kmpl which i feel is abysmally low for a diesel. Well calculate the FE figure this weekend and if it still is on the low side. Then god help me
Old 29th April 2010, 16:27   #96
BHPian

Hi Scorpio07,

Welcome to the ford fans fraternity!! Your new Figo looks really cool.

However, seems you are not getting the right kind of fuel efficiency out of the 1.4 TDCi engine. My 4+ year old fiesta comes fitted with an earlier version of the same engine. In city conditions (read that Delhi crippled by Commonwealth preparations) and with AC on, I am still extracting well over 16 km/l.

This is a powerful engine. Test drives of other vehicles in this segment will give you the required proof.

-Sugeeta
Old 29th April 2010, 22:25   #97

Its been about 10 days since I took delivery of my Figo (1.4 Exi Colorado Red). Did a tank to tank test for the FE . Filled in 39.8 liters to start with. The trip odo showed 643 when the fuel tank was almost empty (DTE was 12 kms). So, its giving me about 16.4 km/l and this is just the first tankful of juice for her.

The above figures are for a 70% highway -30% city driving with the engine not being strained too much and a conservative driving style (80-90 kms/hr and RPM not going above 2.5K).

So,far the 2nd tankful is giving me approximately the same set of numbers averaging around 16.5

Cheers!
Blackcat
Old 29th April 2010, 23:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat7 View Post
Its been about 10 days since I took delivery of my Figo (1.4 Exi Colorado Red). Did a tank to tank test for the FE . Filled in 39.8 liters to start with. The trip odo showed 643 when the fuel tank was almost empty (DTE was 12 kms). So, its giving me about 16.4 km/l and this is just the first tankful of juice for her.

The above figures are for a 70% highway -30% city driving with the engine not being strained too much and a conservative driving style (80-90 kms/hr and RPM not going above 2.5K).

So,far the 2nd tankful is giving me approximately the same set of numbers averaging around 16.5

Cheers!
Blackcat
as suggested dont rely on DTE, once u tank full make the trip to zero, when
you fill the tank again, note the fuel filled and your trip reading. Trip value divided by the litres filled will give you the exact FE.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:04   #99
BHPian

@Scorpio: How much did those neck and lower back pillows cost you ?
Old 30th April 2010, 12:12   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Update: Car doesn't pull to the left anymore. Have seen some figo owners that DTE figures are pessimistic, not in my case, i believe its hovering around 12kmpl which i feel is abysmally low for a diesel. Well calculate the FE figure this weekend and if it still is on the low side. Then god help me
I am quite surprised as the same TDCI engine is being used in the Fiesta which is a bigger car and weighs more is more fuel efficient than the FIGO. This defies all logic

Mustang or any one else can tell, have they made changes to the engine configuration to keep the cost low ?
Old 30th April 2010, 12:19   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
@Scorpio: How much did those neck and lower back pillows cost you ?
about 250 bucks, they come in pairs and range from 200 bucks, its very nice
Old 30th April 2010, 12:21   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I am quite surprised as the same TDCI engine is being used in the Fiesta which is a bigger car and weighs more is more fuel efficient than the FIGO. This defies all logic

Mustang or any one else can tell, have they made changes to the engine configuration to keep the cost low ?
Its not consistent across all the figo owners, some who have driven on hihgways quote high FE, my drive is usually in the city with about 30 kms a day in traffic, shifting gears and AC on sometims have to ride on clutch or wait at traffic signals for longer durations. Hoping to take her outta city and check
Old 30th April 2010, 13:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Its not consistent across all the figo owners, some who have driven on hihgways quote high FE, my drive is usually in the city with about 30 kms a day in traffic, shifting gears and AC on sometims have to ride on clutch or wait at traffic signals for longer durations. Hoping to take her outta city and check
City mileage reported here range from 12-14. Highway mileage ranges from 16-18. I think this is consistent enough. No car will give the exact same figures always. The reports by owners does not favour ford claims. I really dont know what is wrong. I really doubt if we can extract more than 15 in city atleast from the initial batches.
Old 30th April 2010, 14:01   #104
Team-BHP Support

Guys,the same engine on the Ikon D also gives similar in-city mileage figures, inline with your observations. I dont suppose the in-city mileage would be greater than 16kmpl.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:08   #105
BHPian

The Figo weighs 20 kilos less than the Fiesta. Thats what someone(reputed) said on the main thread. I think it was Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks