Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 12:11   #16
BHPian

re: Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs

Thanks. It drives very well. Its still running in the engine time, so I have not pushed it beyond 100. I am very sure that my top speed will never exceed 110 km per hour because of our road conditions.
Old 1st February 2011, 13:33   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs

I have a query

I am in Punjab and the night temperatures are around 7-8 C. When i take out the car at around 6.50 AM, there is a crunchy sound when i go over speed breakers. These speed breakers are quite small and thus not hitting the bottom of the car. That does happen for the next km or two. I sent the car for an inspection and they found everything OK except a badly fitted mud flap on the rt front wheel. The sound seems to originate from the posterior segment of the car. I do not hear any sound if the car hits a pot hole but the speeds are different. On the speed breaker, my speed would be around 5 km per hour! Any comments/views?!
Old 1st February 2011, 14:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
I have a query

I am in Punjab and the night temperatures are around 7-8 C. When i take out the car at around 6.50 AM, there is a crunchy sound when i go over speed breakers. These speed breakers are quite small and thus not hitting the bottom of the car. That does happen for the next km or two. I sent the car for an inspection and they found everything OK except a badly fitted mud flap on the rt front wheel. The sound seems to originate from the posterior segment of the car. I do not hear any sound if the car hits a pot hole but the speeds are different. On the speed breaker, my speed would be around 5 km per hour! Any comments/views?!
I bought mine in Nov and I had the exactly the same issue with mine, few suggestions

> Don't use hand breaks at night (use briks to block the car), just to check if it's caused because of the hand breaks.

I used to have this issue for first few kms and by the time I reach the dealer it used to be normal. I called the service agent home next day, so that he can feel the sound. He was pleasantly surprised with the sound. What they did was a complete removal/lubrication/refixing of suspensions. From then on I never had it again.

Hope that helps.

Waiting for pics dude.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 1st February 2011, 14:47   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats rkap01! The City AT is indeed a nice car and wish you many happy miles in it.

Am appalled (but not surprised) at the behaviour of the VW folks in your town. I wonder how many customers VW has lost to Honda and others by their high-handedness. Anyway, it's their loss.

Please do post some pics. I believe you have the metallica grey shade which IMHO looks the best on the City.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I bought mine in Nov and I had the exactly the same issue with mine, few suggestions

> Don't use hand breaks at night (use briks to block the car), just to check if it's caused because of the hand breaks.

I used to have this issue for first few kms and by the time I reach the dealer it used to be normal. I called the service agent home next day, so that he can feel the sound. He was pleasantly surprised with the sound. What they did was a complete removal/lubrication/refixing of suspensions. From then on I never had it again.

Hope that helps.

Waiting for pics dude.

Cheers
Raghu

Thanks. I also think it is from the suspension! I will do as you tell.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats rkap01! The City AT is indeed a nice car and wish you many happy miles in it.

Am appalled (but not surprised) at the behaviour of the VW folks in your town. I wonder how many customers VW has lost to Honda and others by their high-handedness. Anyway, it's their loss.

Please do post some pics. I believe you have the metallica grey shade which IMHO looks the best on the City.
Thanks. The colour is brownish! I will post some pics over the weekend!
Old 1st February 2011, 15:36   #22
BHPian

Re: Honda City I-VTEC S AT (2011) - Rates in Chandigarh

City : CHANDIGARH

City 1.5 E MT: Rs. 819,200
City 1.5 S MT: Rs. 866,500
City 1.5 V MT: Rs. 911,700
City 1.5 V AT: Rs. 984,100
City 1.5 V MT Exclusive: Rs. 957,700
City 1.5 V AT Exclusive: Rs. 1,030,100

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st February 2011 at 15:40. Reason: Removing [Font] Tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 1st February 2011, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Incidently my i20 bought in Nov 2009 also had similar crunching sound,nothing to worry about it.According to SA its due to the 'sticking' of the break pads during cold nights,once the car starts rolling it will go away.
Now since the summers are arriving you wont notice it.

Congrats & drive safe !
Old 1st February 2011, 16:08   #24
BHPian

Re: Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 800 KMs

Today i completed 800 KMs in the new Honda City V AT model. Further to my previous post:

Audio System:

The Audio system offered can connect to iPOD, MP3player, USB Memory, cell phone with MP3 Player. It came with steering mounted controls & separate remote control. As stated i had the CD/MP3 disc player installed from the company. Its a nice fit behind the Display panel and is not visible, thus protecting it from the dust.

The sound of the system is good. The 2 tweeters provided add the extra zing. The Bass is a bit tardy and one needs to keep it a bit down.
The control on the steering wheel is a big bonus and should be a must in all the cars especially with our traffic conditions. The steering control has a volume, channel and a mode switch.

Automatic transmission:

The auto transmission comes in 5 speed gearbox with reverse as the sixth gear. The modes available are Parking, Reverse, Neutral, Drive (D) and Shift (S)

There are the Paddle Shifters one each side of the steering wheel, which enable one to override the automatic transmission, while in the D mode. If one is driving on the highway and need sudden acceleration (for overtaking etc), you
can press the “-“ paddle shifter and the car goes into lower gear and then you can comfortably accelerate. Similarly, if the car is unnecessarily running in a lower gear and want to go to higher gear
you can press “+”.

In the “D” mode the car decides which is the best gear, save for the upshifts and downshifts that you may use to override.

If one is not shifting gears any longer, it again goes into auto mode and decides the best gear for itself. This is a quite a useful feature!

One can use the accelerator also to change the gears – if you put sudden pressure on the accelerator the car goes in lower
gears and if you suddenly release the pressure, it goes in higher gears.

In “S” mode, the car does not shift the gears
automatically and you need to necessarily shift them by pressing “+” and “-“ shifters. This is very useful in hilly terrains where one can choose a gear to drive in and thus utilize the power for climbing very steep roads.
The auto mode also acts as a very useful self braking system in hilly areas.

The ride quality continues to be a pleasure.

In the next post, I will talk about some other useful features of the car!

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2011 at 22:38.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:22   #25
BHPian

Untill the pics, the color of the car can be seen in this pic by SidIndica

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2089399
Old 1st February 2011, 17:17   #26
BHPian

congrats rkap01 on the car and welcome to teambhp.
good to have another bhpian from ludhiana.

regards the crunching noise that you and raghu complain of-
i too had the very same problem with my jazz but the noise came from the front suspension thereabouts.

the same thing happened to me that after driving around for a while it would totally go away and could not be replicated at the dealership.
still they checked the under-body and mountings thoroughly and made sure everything was in place.

i have driven the car after that and it seems to have been solved though the source of the noise could never be found out.
even now i do sometimes feel that the noise does exist but not as prominent as before.

you can checkout the video i put up in my ownership thread regarding the same problem just so that i could point out to the service center guys that there was in fact something not right with the car.

hope this helps.
and hey put up some pics man.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:32   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the car rkap! It is a joy to drive in traffic as well as on the highway and the mileage is pretty awesome.

Quote:
The inbuilt system has a Radio and Input ports to connect an auxiliary device like a MP3 player, portable CD Player or an Ipod! Erroneously it is called a MP3 player. There is no disc player in the system so playing audio or MP3 discs is out of question!
The system does play MP3 files. You can plug in a tiny USB drive full of MP3s and it will play them all. Trust me, I've been doing that for a while now, so don't really miss the CD player.

You can connect an iPod into the auxiliary input if you want to play from the iPod.

Quote:
automatically and you need to necessarily shift them by pressing “+” and “-“ shifters. This is very useful in hilly terrains where one can choose a gear to drive in and thus utilize the power for climbing very steep roads.
In "S" mode, gears will down-shift automatically if you go too slow.

Last edited by echo77 : 1st February 2011 at 17:36.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:57   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Automatic transmission:

The auto transmission comes in 5 speed gearbox with reverse as the sixth gear. The modes available are Parking, Reverse, Neutral, Drive (D) and Shift (S)

"S" is Sport mode (not Shift) and I don't think you have to necessarily upshift and downshift manually. It will automaticaly upshift to protect the engine at the redline. Also if you slow down, it will automatically downshift. That's how it works in the Vento, and from what I remember of my TD, the ANHC too.
Old 1st February 2011, 19:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
"S" is Sport mode (not Shift) and I don't think you have to necessarily upshift and downshift manually. It will automaticaly upshift to protect the engine at the redline. Also if you slow down, it will automatically downshift. That's how it works in the Vento, and from what I remember of my TD, the ANHC too.

My VAT will be completing its 1st year in next 13 days (14-Feb is the due date).

'S' is not actually Sport either, its Sequential Mode.

In 'S' mode it will shift gears automatically, it will upshift around 3500 RPM against 2000-2200 RPM of 'D' mode.

But once you use the shifters in 'S' mode it goes in Semi-Auto mode ('M' is visible in console), then on wards it will not upshift automatically rather at redline it will decrease the RPM by 500, One has to upshift manually. Downshifting will keep on happening automatically.
TheBeastFieast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2011, 19:26   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Thanks beastfeast. That was helpful.

BTW "S" in Vento is "Sport" mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks