Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:40   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Whoa, the interiors (read : leather seats) look good! Is the center console in beige tone too? In the small pic that is uploaded, looks different from that on the regular City.

Overall I think the extra money seems totally worth it!
Not a very good image, but posting anyway
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0947_2.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 11:00   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, the interiors (read : leather seats) look good! Is the center console in beige tone too? In the small pic that is uploaded, looks different from that on the regular City.

Overall I think the extra money seems totally worth it!

I am posting another image
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0905_2.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 11:10   #93
BHPian

Some more images. This would be the last batch. Will post more according to the discussion.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0962_31.jpg  

Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0963_31.jpg  

Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0964_3.jpg  

Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0965_3.jpg  

Honda City I-VTEC V AT (2011) - review after 400 KMs-img_0966_3.jpg  

rkap01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the interior pics.
The leather seats look good. The wrinkle finish looks good, but would have prefered the old civic style fit. Nice colour and gives the cabin an upmarket look.

The rotary ac switch in silver looks new. Was this there on earlier models?

Wish they would change the colour of the backlighting, looks a bit to harsh. Maybe a nice cool blue would look stunning.

Love your car, am on the lookout for a car for my parents, this seems to suit them just right. Will be testing this one soon. Also do you know if the exclusive model is available and are they available in different shades or only urban titanium?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:36   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Exactly. I don't know if the rotary switch has been changed or the Exclusive model has a different one.

But this is definitely different from the one on my SMT.
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the interior pics.
The leather seats look good. The wrinkle finish looks good, but would have prefered the old civic style fit. Nice colour and gives the cabin an upmarket look.

Wish they would change the colour of the backlighting, looks a bit to harsh. Maybe a nice cool blue would look stunning.

Love your car, am on the lookout for a car for my parents, this seems to suit them just right. Will be testing this one soon. Also do you know if the exclusive model is available and are they available in different shades or only urban titanium?
When I bought, exclusive was available in AT only. Titanium color is available in all variants!
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

I know exclusive is available in manual also. What i wanted to know is, is exclusive variant available in another colour? Say silver or white?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
When I bought, exclusive was available in AT only. Titanium color is available in all variants!
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:08   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly. I don't know if the rotary switch has been changed or the Exclusive model has a different one.

But this is definitely different from the one on my SMT.
Though a bit late in the day - Hearty Congrats on such a lovely acquisition, RKAP01. Welcome to the ANHC club I must say.

The silver coloured rotary switch is available on the V model only. Exclusive was launched in both A/T and M/T models (leather finish on the gear know was 'exclusive' to M/T.)

Not sure if exclusive is available now (the dealers here in Blr say it was a limited period offer). Yes, it was launched in all the other colours as well...although the Urban Titanium shade does look very grand...

Cheers
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 22nd February 2011 at 20:13.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I know exclusive is available in manual also. What i wanted to know is, is exclusive variant available in another colour? Say silver or white?
As far as I know - yes
Old 24th February 2011, 12:27   #100
BHPian

Demister is good for north Indian winter - but has to be manually switched off. If one forgets to switch it off before turning off the ignition, it will come back on when the car is switched on. Ideally it should bey default turn off when the ignition is turned off!
Old 24th February 2011, 12:34   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Demister is good for north Indian winter - but has to be manually switched off. If one forgets to switch it off before turning off the ignition, it will come back on when the car is switched on. Ideally it should bey default turn off when the ignition is turned off!
Isn't that the case with the a/c also; for any car for that matter. Or am I missing something?

I found the demister in my Corsa slightly better than the City. The one in City clears the mist over the heat lines first and then some time to clear the rest.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:28   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't that the case with the a/c also; for any car for that matter. Or am I missing something?

I found the demister in my Corsa slightly better than the City. The one in City clears the mist over the heat lines first and then some time to clear the rest.
My prev car - a Ford Falcon - the demister would switch off after ignition was turned off! As well as the headlights! In city, the headlights remain on!
Old 24th February 2011, 14:41   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My prev car - a Ford Falcon - the demister would switch off after ignition was turned off! As well as the headlights! In city, the headlights remain on!
Yes, in the City the headlights would remain on. Recently I was i a situation where headlight was left on when car was parked (my wife was in the driver seat and I forgot to ask her to switch it off) for 10 minutes and the car did not start! We had to call the Honda roadside assistance to the rescue.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:19   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Was this car manufactured in India? Perhaps that would answer the question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Yes, in the City the headlights would remain on. Recently I was i a situation where headlight was left on when car was parked (my wife was in the driver seat and I forgot to ask her to switch it off) for 10 minutes and the car did not start! We had to call the Honda roadside assistance to the rescue.
10 min, that is it? I think that is far too less a time for the battery to drain so much that it can't crank the engine.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
10 min, that is it? I think that is far too less a time for the battery to drain so much that it can't crank the engine.
Just 10 mins. I never suspected it to be the battery issue when I called the Honda helpline. Even when the service guy wanted to try out the jump start kit, I was not convinced. All the lights were coming on as powerful as ever. Moreover when I tried to crank, all kind of signs (like steering, airbag, immobaliser) were glowing expect the battery sign! Normally when the battery is low and when you crank, you hear the ignition sound but it would die. In this case there was no sign of ignition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks