Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 23:48   #1216
BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Sharing some pics of Jorchung Guest house and the orchards around it.

All pics by JC & NJ

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh049.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh050.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh052.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh053.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh054.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh055.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh057.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh058.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh059.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh060.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 4th December 2011 at 23:57.
JeepCaptain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 23:52   #1217
BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

All pics by JC & NJ

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh061.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh062.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh063.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh064.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh065.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh066.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh068.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh070.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 4th December 2011 at 23:57.
Old 4th December 2011, 23:56   #1218
BHPian

All pics by JC & NJ

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh001.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh002.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh003.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh004.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh005.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh006.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh007.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh008.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh009.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh010.jpg
Old 5th December 2011, 00:02   #1219
BHPian

Sharing some pics of Jorchung Guest house and the Garden/ Orchards around it.
All pics by JC & NJ

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh011.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh012.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh013.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh014.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh015.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh016.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh018.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh022.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh023.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh024.jpg
Old 5th December 2011, 00:07   #1220
BHPian

Sharing some pics of Jorchung Guest house and the Garden/ Orchards around it.

All pics by JC & NJ

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh026.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh029.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh030.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh032.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh033.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh034.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh035.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh036.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh084.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-vk-kargilleh081.jpg
Old 5th December 2011, 09:52   #1221
Senior - BHPian

HVK Scorpio

Log Book of Aug 26, Leh, 148 kms

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-log-book-d15.jpg
Old 5th December 2011, 11:00   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Wow! 3 days did not see this thread and its already about to reach 100 pages. Its raining flowers after the barren moonscape land earlier

@HV just wondering what those numbers "760, 761, etc" mean in the log book?
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 11:28   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow! 3 days did not see this thread and its already about to reach 100 pages. Its raining flowers after the barren moonscape land earlier
I never realised that there were so many flowers in Jorchung! I guess I have eyes for only the under-carriage of my Scorpio most of the time

Quote:
@HV just wondering what those numbers "760, 761, etc" mean in the log book?
Let me decode the Log Book for you:

Here is the LEGEND - what do the various abbreviations mean?

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-log-book-legend.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-log-book-title.jpg
The info that is written there is the following:
- Place Name, including river bridges, toll gates, etc
- Odo meter reading at that point
- Kms between the previous point & this point
- Time stamp for that point
- If shaded, then that means there was a halt, and you will see from teh next line the time of re-starting
- Cumulative kms for that day till that point
- The GPS (761, etc) waypoint, to geo-tag that location, since the entire route is also tracked on my Garmin GPS but also major landmarks are also marked with numbers
- Remarks, including where to turn off LEFT or RIGHT, highway numbers, other directions at that point, hotels/ facilities, 24 hr petrol pumps, etc

You will also note that I have also put the Altitude Info in Feet in the first column, wherever I have measured it in my GPS.

Last edited by hvkumar : 5th December 2011 at 11:52.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 11:41   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

- If shaded, then that means there was a halt, and you will see from teh next line the time of re-starting
- The GPS (761, etc) waypoint, to geo-tag that location, since the entire route is not tracked on my Garmin GPS but also major landmarks are also marked with numbers
- Remarks, including where to turn off LEFT or RIGHT, highway numbers, other directions at that point, hotels/ facilities, 24 hr petrol pumps, etc

You will also note that I have also put the Altitude Info in Feet in the first column, wherever I have measured it in my GPS.
Great, this is some detailed stuff, good that you are sharing this over here, helps in preparing for the Leh trip
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 14:49   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Great, this is some detailed stuff, good that you are sharing this over here, helps in preparing for the Leh trip
The entire log book & GPS tracks are also available and they will be uploaded in one place (they are being displayed day by day now) once the TL gets completed.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:57   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Attachment 852190

Attachment 852191
- The GPS (761, etc) waypoint, to geo-tag that location, since the entire route is also tracked on my Garmin GPS but also major landmarks are also marked with numbers

These log books have been the bible for most of us on TBHP..they are thefor the Indian Highways!!!
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 20:33   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Day 15
26th August 2011
Leh

Rest Day in Leh.
Work shop day in Leh.
Spa day for the cars.

And for me I came back from the most fantastic fairy land trip I ever had

The Guest House welcomed the morning with beautiful flowers.
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9010.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9011.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9023.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9032.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9033.jpg

Apples too
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9017.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9018.jpg
Jeep Captain had booked all the apples and threatened us with dire consequences if at all we pluck some

Can birds be far away with such an orchard?
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9026.jpg

Amidst all this beauty I was served my breakfast. That was served by a lethargic cook and helper, which forced Mumbai Roadsters to get to the market and hunt for Dosas. And for me I just wanted to soak in the sun amidst the beauty all around.

HVK had promised me that he'd take me on a Gompa Loop in Leh, much before we had started the trip. So I just waited for him to finish all that was required for the scorpio and team for the next days.

continued...
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 07:15   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Day 15
26th August 2011
Leh

Shanti Stupa was just around the corner
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9038edit.jpg

Jeep Captain's new project
Name:  DSC_9044Edit.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  405.0 KB

Jeep Captain
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9047.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9048.jpg

By 12:30PM, HVK picked me, DB and SS and we went for the promised Gompa Loop in Leh.

Continued...
Old 7th December 2011, 07:24   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Day 15
26th August 2011
Leh

We drove on the Leh Manali Road.

Prayer wheel at Leh
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9049.jpg

Prayer Wheel at Choglamsar
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9050.jpg

Manali road had so many flags and decoration
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9051.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9052.jpg

Meditation Centre
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9053.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9054.jpg

800 years of legacy?
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9055.jpg

More flags
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9056.jpg

Some welcome note
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9057.jpg

We reached Shey Palace by 12:45PM

continued...
Old 7th December 2011, 07:31   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Day 15
26th August 2011
Leh

Shey Palace from a distance
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9059.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9061.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9062edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9072.jpg

HVK Scorpio near Shey palace on The Leh Manali Road
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9075edit.jpg

Shey Palace
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9091.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9092.jpg

The view of Indus and the mountains from the entrance to Shey Palace
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9093edit.jpg

The door was closed
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9104.jpg

A damaged Chorten
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9109.jpg

continued...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks