Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 19:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesri View Post
I don't think they will return via Jammu. Part of the team will return via Manali-Shimla-Delhi and Rest of Team via Kaza-Tabo-Shimla-Delhi.
i thought as much.
thats a more sensible route too. awaiting a proper travelogue by the team.
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

WOW , read every single word and saw every single picture in this thread. When would the team be passing through delhi on their way back home.

I would definately like to meet everyone. Any updates?
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:04   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
WOW , read every single word and saw every single picture in this thread. When would the team be passing through delhi on their way back home.

I would definately like to meet everyone. Any updates?
As per HV Kumar's Original plan they pass ISBT-Delhi on 25th Sept around 9:00pm and continue on to night halt at Behror.

They were on schedule as of y'day at 10:00am on way to Tso-Morori. Don't know today's status.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:43   #79
Team-BHP Support

If they are reaching Delhi around 9pm, I will cross them somewhere around chd. Ask them to take chd bypass through Kharar Banur. It cuts driving time by 40 minutes
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:50   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesri View Post
As per HV Kumar's Original plan they pass ISBT-Delhi on 25th Sept around 9:00pm and continue on to night halt at Behror.

They were on schedule as of y'day at 10:00am on way to Tso-Morori. Don't know today's status.
oops that's around the time when i start for work :( , I guess i'll be missing this opportunity.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:22   #81
Senior - BHPian

Its raining Ladakh on Team-BHP. Looking forward to see their joint travelogue. What is the status now?
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The rescue was lead by the Lone Bolero of yours truly which got the M-Hawk out first and then in coordination owith the M-Hawk pulled the Pajero out.
Awesome stuff MC! You'd better have pics of this! Look forward to the same on your storm thread.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:34   #83
Senior - BHPian

Wow , in total i'm sure there are over 3000 pictures of this trip. Imagine all of them being posted here , most of us would just sit there and wait for more and more.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I also got SMS from HVK that things are on schedule, on their way to Tso Moriri.

Today another friend of mine from Mumbai on his Desire, SOLO, on his way back from Leh passed through Ahmedabad. He went through Srinagar, came back thro. Srinagar and said it was snowing at Ktop and below freezing, he also came up through Wari La to Pangong Tso, to fill diesel he came to Karu, gas station was open. Said, he was ahead of the Raid De Leh Team, but met the Pune Gang somewhere. He'd post his thread some time soon, so one more thread to add to the Leh list.

Looks like it's a blizzard of Leh Travalogues. This thread is going to be another Epic

====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 22nd September 2009 at 22:22.
Old 23rd September 2009, 05:21   #85
BHPian

update

after halting at tso moriri, we travelled via more plains, gata loops, baralacha la upto keylong, where we are staying the night. this is going to be the place from where the group splits up, with hvk's and glen's cars going on to lahaul and spiti valleys, while the other cars- mine, anirudha's, rajiv's and vishal's go straight to delhi via manali-bilaspur-ambala. FINALLY back on the plains... but the majestic mountains will be sorely missed!
Old 23rd September 2009, 06:37   #86
Senior - BHPian

Latest Update

We all reached Keylong last night at 7 PM even though the target was Sarchu. Started at 6 am from Tso Moriri and crossed 4 passes- Pongkolka, Nakeela, Lachulungla and Baralachla. The team splits today with Glenn and HV Kumar going onto Lahaul Spiti Valley while the remaining returning via Manali to Delhi and beyond
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to Mile Cruncher and things are Ok and running as per plan except for small nigglies with a couple of scorps.

Glan and HVK have already left for the Spiti Loop while the rest are getting ready to check out and move.

Wish you guys loads of Luck and Happy Driving.

======

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
We all reached Keylong last night at 7 PM even though the target was Sarchu. Started at 6 am from Tso Moriri and crossed 4 passes- Pongkolka, Nakeela, Lachulungla and Baralachla. The team splits today with Glenn and HV Kumar going onto Lahaul Spiti Valley while the remaining returning via Manali to Delhi and beyond
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:24   #88
BHPian

@Ramky - Myself (Rohit Mendiratta) & rkbharat (Rajiv Kumar) were in my Scorpio and we crossed Khardungla together along with your friends from Mumbai in Swift Dzire. Thereafter, we went different ways but had crossed paths again when they were going back to Leh. We also met Rohit Bhogle (In Tata Safari) and did the Pangong to Leh drive together.

Next day, we met HVK & Glen at the Mahindra workshop at Leh and then had joined HVK's gang for dinner. Pictures of these meeting have already been posted earlier by rkbharat.

Our travelogue will be posted by rkbharat.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:31   #89
Senior - BHPian

We are in Manali

Left Keylong at 8 AM. Met HVK and Glen at Grampoo. Glen's scorpio was having a power loss and engine check problems. So he went to Mandi to get his Scorpio checked. HVK with 4 other people went to Kaza/Tabo.
For me, Mandar (kaiserketkar) and Rajiv took us 7 hours to cross 125 KM from Keylong to manali. Anyday avoidable
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

Good going guys, keep up the great work!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks