Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 09:35   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNandy View Post
Hi, Dr. Ghosh..This was great reading. Particularly since I also had the idea it won't be worth to go to Tadoba during the rains. I went there in this firey summer..boy! what a temperature it was. But then rewarded by fantastic experience in the jungle. Took a lot of pictures of the tiger and lots of birds. In fact this year only I have started roaming the jungles...Ranthambore twice, Bandhavgarh Corbett and Tadoba. This Winter I am reserving for Birding through the Rann of Kutch..and if time permits Gir.
Thats great. Post your best shots from Tadoba here to let the team members see how brutal the last summer was on this park.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 5th September 2010, 11:28   #197
BHPian

One pic from last summer

We were waiting near a water hole for the almighty to come to quench his thirst-Thats me standing at the back.

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-41115_1609731442533_1213630369_1704263_5969079_n.jpg

Photograph courtesy: Anirban Ganguly.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 5th September 2010, 21:00   #198

Dear Dr. Ghosh,
Uploading the pictures. The surroundings will be in sharp contrast to the pictures during the monsoon. Even the tan of the tiger is different in summer. Need less to say that even being out in the jungle with the mercury touching almost 50 deg (may be more) although I had my initial moments of a feeling of chill before by body could adjust to the temp, My friend and myself had a rocking time there and Mr. Manish Verma was wonderful with us.
I have uploaded as much as I could for everyone to enjoy. Don't know if that is allowed. Hopefully done it in the correct thread.
Malay Nandy
Attached Thumbnails
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-asian-paradise-flycatcher-8.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-barking-deer-2.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-brahmini-starlings-red-vented-bulbuls.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-chinkara-1.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-common-hawk-cuckoo.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-indian-roller.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-langoor-1.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-indian-gaur.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-royal-bengal-tiger-1.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-royal-bengal-tiger-20.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-barking-deer-4.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-greater-racket-taiked-drongo-2.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-indian-pitta-1.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-neelgai-2.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-oriental-honey-buzzard-flight-2.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-summer2010tadoba3.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-summer2010tadoba4.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-water-hole-stage-all-drama.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-tadoba-lake.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-wild-dog.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-summer2010tadoba.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-wild-boar-3.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-tickells-blue-flycatcher.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-royal-bengal-tiger-22.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-royal-bengal-tiger-4.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-royal-bengal-tiger-17.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-sambar-potrait.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-black-naped-monarch-2.jpg  

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-greater-coucal-2.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 21:12   #199
Senior - BHPian

Malay Nandy,
By your photographs I can tell you are a bird man.
A very good capture of an array of wildlife in one trip.
Please share, the lenses used.
Regards,
Old 5th September 2010, 21:15   #200
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Ghosh,
I ran out of words trying to compliment you on your endeavors, passion and photographs. Thanks for adding more here.
Regards,
Old 5th September 2010, 21:24   #201

Thanks Adil and Dr. Ghosh. I use a Canon 50D with Canon 18-135 IS and Canon 100-400L IS USM. During this trip I also used a Sony alpha 350 with sony 500 f8 refles lens.
Old 5th September 2010, 21:33   #202
Senior - BHPian

Dr.A.Ghosh: Terrific photographs. You made me sit entire weekend just browsing through your photographs again and again. Went through your other albums in FB..Great Ones.

You and Fazalaliadil are my favorite wild life guys in TBHP.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:14   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Mnandy. excellent pictures!
Old 6th September 2010, 07:02   #204
Senior - BHPian

Every time I come back to this thread, I get simply bowled over by the new set of pictures of wildlife.

Please keep this up.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2010, 13:03   #205
BHPian

Abheek, Mnandy - Excellent pics. Mnandy, since i am done with the travelogue, please feel free to post as many pics/details/a complete travelogue you want. I wanted this thread to be a one stop for someone visiting TATR as well as the sheer pleaseure of seeing the photos from your exploits.
@ all others, based on the feedback about my photos on this thread, i finally managed to buy (not an SLR) the Canon SX 20 IS. Its a superzoom 20x with HDMI video recording, serving the purpose of a good camera and a hand cam as well.

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-sx202020is.jpg
Old 6th September 2010, 13:19   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
@ i finally managed to buy (not an SLR) the Canon SX 20 IS. Its a superzoom 20x with HDMI video recording, serving the purpose of a good camera and a hand cam as well.

Attachment 418993
How much did it burn your pockets?
Old 6th September 2010, 13:49   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
How much did it burn your pockets?
Damages - 24,000
The actual package was 23,500 with 2GB card free. Paid 500 extra for a 4GB card and got a camera pouch and LCD protector free.
Old 6th September 2010, 16:57   #208
BHPian

@ extremetorque. A small request. How about posting a couple of snaps with your old cam and the same shots with your new one. That would be very easy to see the difference.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:14   #209

The difference between this point and shoot camera and a SLR will not be apparent much with pictures seen in a condensed size but when it will be viewed at 100% size. This is because of the physical dimension of the image sensor and how much pixels of data is punched into the sensor. Since the size of the sensors in p&s camera is very small (usually 1/8th of the size of a 35mm optical film) when one takes print in full size the pictire becomes blurred compared to a full format SLR where the sensor size is same as a 35mm film.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:56   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Damages - 24,000
The actual package was 23,500 with 2GB card free. Paid 500 extra for a 4GB card and got a camera pouch and LCD protector free.
Congrats on your purchase but sorry to say I think you made a wrong choice. You could have picked a Canon EOS 1000D for 22.5 which comes with a bag and 2GB card. Then you wouldn't have needed to make any further camera purchases for the next 5 years. Just keep adding lenses to your kitty depending upon your budget. With the Bridge camera's even though they have high zooms, the pic quality at that zoom level is not comparable to any DSLR. Plus you can't change lenses and you will soon be feeling the need to buy a DSLR.

Sorry to burst the bubble but thought needed to tell you the pitfalls. See if you can still exchange the piece. Chimalgi might give you a good offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNandy View Post
The difference between this point and shoot camera and a SLR will not be apparent much with pictures seen in a condensed size but when it will be viewed at 100% size. This is because of the physical dimension of the image sensor and how much pixels of data is punched into the sensor. Since the size of the sensors in p&s camera is very small (usually 1/8th of the size of a 35mm optical film) when one takes print in full size the pictire becomes blurred compared to a full format SLR where the sensor size is same as a 35mm film.
+1 to that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks