Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 23:59   #166

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello fellow BHPians,

We have a Fortuner 4x2 2018 variant and it has clocked over 1,05,000 km over the years, mainly used by my dad for business trips. The OEM Bridgestone Dueler A/T (I still have no idea as to why Toyota gave A/T tyres in 4x2 variants and H/T in Sigma 4, when it should be the opposite), were replaced by Apollo Apterra AT2 265/65R17 112H (after almost 80,000km in November of 2022) and all I can say, except the road noise, those tyres are miles better than the OE bridgestone tyres. One of the tyres have been replaced and the fact that the warranty claim process was so seamless (except that we had to drive on the Spare tyre for 5 days). We went to the Apollo dealer, claimed Warranty, gave 15% of the original tyre cost (=INR 1,800) and after inspection we got our new one. The main point I wanted to mention here is, after almost 25,000 km, the tyre was used only 15% (apollo wanted to say the these tyres will last for 1 lakh more km). Now that, I have decided that after driving the car for 1.5 lakh km, we will switch to Yokohama Geolandar, since my city previously didn't have a Yokohama dealer (got my Verna upsized tyres with 205/55 R16 BluEarth GT AE51 from there, barely took 20 minutes with alignment and balancing).

So yeah, the experience was pretty cool with both Yokohama and Apollo, can't say about bridgestone.
Thanks.
martand1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 15:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldip View Post
I have been running 275/65/17 and it works fine. But then I have a OME 2" lift.
Hi cooldip,
With the increased size, how is the clearance on the inside of the front wheels?

Did you ever face any rubbing issues or did you ever try putting snow chains on?
ralto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 15:20   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralto View Post
Did you ever face any rubbing issues or did you ever try putting snow chains on?
I've not used snow chains but I'm pretty sure there won't be any issues.

Please note that this is after the additional lift.

Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2316.jpeg
cooldip is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 16:06   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Sure looks good in that stance.

Quote:
I've not used snow chains but I'm pretty sure there won't be any issues.
Okay, I think I will need to do a bit of hit & try to confirm, but your feedback sounds encouraging.

Quote:
Please note that this is after the additional lift.
Yeap, noted. I need a tyre change so I am trying to plan an upsize + lift combo.

By the way, what brand lift are you running?
And maybe one more question: How much increase in body roll did you face? High enough to make you feel that you should have opted for something other than the BFGs, as I understand they are on the higher side of the weight chart?
Thank you
Old 12th February 2024, 22:34   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralto View Post
And maybe one more question: How much increase in body roll did you face? High enough to make you feel that you should have opted for something other than the BFGs, as I understand they are on the higher side of the weight chart?
Thank you
I use an ARB Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport (no bullbar config) suspension. It has about 2" of lift.

The OME springs add a lot more stability inspite of the higher center of gravity.

I've never regretted my decision with the 275/65/17 BFGs.

I was using Michelin Latitude Cross with stock suspension and it had possibly equal amounts of body roll.

These days most trips are with a full car and a rooftop cargo box. When I take a corner on narrow mountain roads I do have to be mindful of my speed. Does it feel any less enjoyable to drive? Not to me at least.
cooldip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 09:14   #171
BHPian

Quote:
I use an ARB Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport (no bullbar config) suspension. It has about 2" of lift.

I do have to be mindful of my speed. Does it feel any less enjoyable to drive? Not to me at least.
Thanks for the detailed revert. Wishing you incredible journeys with this amazingly prepped vehicle.
Old 28th March 2024, 19:20   #172
BHPian

Dear BHPians,,

I recently acquired a Type 2 4x2 Fortuner, which currently has Dunlop OEM tires installed since 2012. Although there is still some tread remaining on the tires, the rubber has hardened over time, and in my opinion, it may not be safe to continue using them. Therefore, I am seeking recommendations for a new set of tires that prioritize good road grip and excellent braking performance. I won't be engaging in any off-roading activities, as the vehicle will primarily be used on highways (95%) and occasionally on poorly maintained city roads (5%), as well as for short drives to my farm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 28th March 2024, 19:56   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanju View Post
Dear BHPians,,

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
MRF wanderer, Apollo Apterra, Yokohama Geolandar all good HT/AT tires.
BlackBeard is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks