Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 14:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Hi. I own a MY 2015 Fortuner which is due for a tyre change. The OE Dunlops were very good and my odo stands at 70k with 10% thread left. I had approached TyreX in Cochin, because I had a good experience with them, for a set of 4 tyres OE Dunlop Grand Treks. He gave me a quote and said I might need to wait a few days for the tyres to arrive. As my service was due, I made a booking with the A.S.S and casually asked them for a quote and I was quoted a little more than double what TyreX Cochin had quoted. I'm now very confused. Is it really that costly ? Is the dealership pulling a fast one on me ? Or should I just buy a set of Conti Cross contacts and be at peace ? Please help. Thanks in advance.
A.S.S quote for Dunlop was 2X of Michelin, this was almost a year back. Someone offered an option of 40% discount on A.S.S quote of Dunlop, but I ended up buying Michelin and I'm happy about the decision.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 13:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
A.S.S quote for Dunlop was 2X of Michelin, this was almost a year back. Someone offered an option of 40% discount on A.S.S quote of Dunlop, but I ended up buying Michelin and I'm happy about the decision.
I got Michelins in January and they're holding up well. I got tyres manufactured sometime in october 2019. Initial impressions are that the tyre is pretty good and I feel it's a softer compound compared to Dunlops and have a tad more grip too. Thank you for your suggestion !
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 12:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
I got Michelins in January and they're holding up well. I got tyres manufactured sometime in october 2019. Initial impressions are that the tyre is pretty good and I feel it's a softer compound compared to Dunlops and have a tad more grip too. Thank you for your suggestion !
I have done more than 45K by now and it is still looking new. I hope it will live to the promise of 1 Lakh plus kilometres
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 07:22   #79
BHPian

Upgraded to the Continental Cross Contacts from OE Dunlop’s few months back.
Dunlop’s lasted about 69k. Could have stretched them further but the ride quality had become quite hard.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-b9a2818af5b24acebe7090f88f4c1c37.jpeg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 18:40   #80
BHPian

Hello there fellow BHPians,
I own a pre owned 2010 fortuner which came with 4 Ceat Czar AT tyres. Though the tyres still have some depth in them and in my opinion, should easily run for more 5000 Kms, the tyres somehow don't inspire confidence in me. After researching about all the viable options available, I see two options in front of me-
1) Yokohama Geolandars G015 AT(which has been highly referred to by some of the most distinguished BHPians)
2) Continental Cross Contact AT
Any input would be highly appreciated :
Cheers
Old 28th April 2021, 16:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2001 View Post
Hello there fellow BHPians,
I own a pre owned 2010 fortuner which came with 4 Ceat Czar AT tyres. Though the tyres still have some depth in them and in my opinion, should easily run for more 5000 Kms, the tyres somehow don't inspire confidence in me. After researching about all the viable options available, I see two options in front of me-
1) Yokohama Geolandars G015 AT(which has been highly referred to by some of the most distinguished BHPians)
2) Continental Cross Contact AT
Any input would be highly appreciated :
Cheers
You've been running stock tyres for 11 years!
Get them changed asap! Go for the Geolanders, great grip and quite a strong sidewall.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 17:39   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Get them changed asap! Go for the Geolanders, great grip and quite a strong sidewall.
He mentioned, its a pre-owned vehicle, hence the cheaper Czars'.

1st gen Fortuner came with Dunlop GrandTreks as OE fitment.

And Geolanders with strong sidewalls...? I think that is not the case, though a very good all round tire.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 17:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

And Geolanders with strong sidewalls...? I think that is not the case, though a very good all round tire.
My bad! I've seen some of my friends go for Geolanders as they liked the rigid sidewall. Not everyone has similar experiences
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 23:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
My bad! I've seen some of my friends go for Geolanders as they liked the rigid sidewall. Not everyone has similar experiences
Quote:
Thanks Sreesh and Sheel, I'll be zeroing in on the Yokohama Geolandar GO15's which I'm getting for Rs 10600/tyre. Thanks for the input
Old 30th April 2021, 01:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:

How are the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's?I've heard they are good too!
Old 30th April 2021, 09:14   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How are the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's?I've heard they are good too!
They are good too, but with import restrictions, please see if you can get a recent manufactured ATR's, if not, avoid.

My choice in AT's would be

BF Goodrich
Michelin LTX Force
GoodYear Wrangler AT/SA
Continental Crosscontact AT

These 4 if available & recently manufactured would be my pick.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 11:29   #87
BHPian

Quote:
They are good too, but with import restrictions, please see if you can get a recent manufactured ATR's, if not, avoid.

My choice in AT's would be

BF Goodrich
Michelin LTX Force
GoodYear Wrangler AT/SA
Continental Crosscontact AT

These 4 if available & recently manufactured would be my pick.
Hi Sheel,
Just had a word with Saifee tyres in Santacruz and he said getting the pirellis might be a challenge since even if you get them, they will be from the 2019 batch. Michelins too are hard to source because of the import ban and apparently, the continental cross contact AT's are no longer in production so the only option available from the continental stable are the LX2's, which are HT tyres. He still swears by the yokohama geolandars,which has kind of put me in a fix. I hope the sidewall issues have been fixed in the G015's.
Old 30th April 2021, 11:41   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He still swears by the Yokohama Geolandars, which has kind of put me in a fix. I hope the sidewall issues have been fixed in the G015's.
For everyday usage, the G015 should do fine.

Is this or this available from Goodyear?

I am using the 2nd option for past 60,000 + kilometers on my 4WD and I am all praises.

If nothing else is available, go with G015. The dealer over here gives satisfactory warranty coverage on Yokohamas, if the said dealer is giving the same, it should work for you.

While at it, you may check with other dealers too, just to be sure.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 11:42   #89
BHPian

Hi Sheel,
I'm getting michelin LTX force in the 275/65/R17 size. Will upsizing cause any problems down the road??? Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:32   #90
BHPian

Dear all,

I own a Toyota Fortuner Petrol AT, bought in June 2020. My truck would be going for third paid servicing soon and I have a question regarding tyre-rotation regime. The service advisor said that tyres need to be aligned, weight balanced and rotated every 10K service. Is that the true picture? I owned an XUV earlier and would align every 5K kms and weight balancing every 20K kms. Tyre rotation only when required. Please guide regarding the ideal interval for the Fortuner.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th June 2021 at 07:48. Reason: T-Fort -> Toyota Fortuner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks