Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 22:15   #31
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Guys! Need a little info here.

I have run my 2010 Fortuner about 70k kms. Though the tyres still have more than a fair bit of life left in them, a couple of those tires have run unevenly. & a third got a surface cut today.

Now looking to replace 4 tires . Can some one suggest the best tires or should I stick to Dunlops only?

Also, prices please.

Mainly used on-road in city, Highways and potholed gravelly roads..i.e. rarely goes into the wild.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:27   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Dunlops are widely considered to be among the best. It may be a good idea to stick with them if they have served you well.
Old 4th June 2014, 17:41   #33
BHPian

Guys these are the pricing I am getting in Delhi for tires for Fortuner. These are prices from 3-4 tyre dealers.

Note : this pricing is for a single tyre only. All in 265/65 R17 size.

Dunlop (original fitting):13,000, 13,500 (without warranty /with warranty)

Dunlop (original): 15,500 with warranty (different shop)

Bridgestone Desert Dueler : 12,800

Michelin Latitude Cross: 17,000 with warranty

Continental :15,500 with warranty

BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain : 14,500 no warranty

Plus Yokohama Geolandars (Not Interested) & Falken also available.

Rest of Korean Imports like Kumho, Hankook available. Maxxis may also be available .

Any suggestions.

As I intend to buy these 4 tyres by tomorrow .

Thanks

-Rishi
Old 4th June 2014, 21:21   #34
BHPian

What I want to know is the premium of 4000 per tire for Michelin worth over the Dunlops or similar tire?
Old 8th June 2014, 08:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys these are the pricing I am getting in Delhi for tires for Fortuner. These are prices from 3-4 tyre dealers.

Rest of Korean Imports like Kumho, Hankook available. Maxxis may also be available .

Any suggestions.

Thanks

-Rishi
Sir are you sure it's 13500 for Dunlop? Here in tamilnadu they quoted 24. Have been using michelin latitude cross on my fortuner and am throughly enjoying the ride more than anything.
Please check whether it's Dunlop Japan make or elsewhere. If it's Japanese make and this price, go for it or else go for michelin latitude cross. You won't regret paying more.
Old 8th June 2014, 12:00   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

Any suggestions.

Thanks

-Rishi

Please let me know the address/Phone number for BF Goodrich dealer.

Thank You
Kalyan SP
Old 8th June 2014, 12:10   #37
BHPian

Yes, dunlop is being sold by a dealer whom I've been going to since 2001.

I think i'll stick to dunlops only as a 16,000 difference is too much & for that money, i would rather buy a new Headunit for car stereo.
Old 8th June 2014, 17:38   #38
BHPian

BF Goodrich is being offered by BK Tyres ,Lajpat Nagar , New Delhi

Old 22nd May 2015, 14:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2012 Fortuner done approx 50k kms and for some reason the tyres have almost lost their treads. Anyways i look to changing my tyres once they cross 50-55 k kms. Three years past they have also become hard and with constant highway runs i dont want to take the risk, what with the rains lurking just around the corner, safety is more imperative to me.

My brief was simple, i wanted ATs, didnt want to upsize, wanted really really low noise tyres (as ATs can be really noisy and hence irritating), wanted a good tread so that the contact patch is good even on the highways and that would result better braking.

Wanted BF Goodrich very badly but somehow no one seems to have it. Looked at Wranglers, Duellers, Silverstones, Maxxis, Continental, Michelins .... finally with inputs from those who already had these tyres and finally zeroed down on Michelin Lattitude Cross. Will be changing from OE Dunlops tomorrow and will post my findings.

PS. Just for your information the OE Dunlops mention AT but they are not all terrain.
Old 24th May 2015, 15:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I have a 2012 Fortuner done approx 50k kms and for some reason the tyres have almost lost their treads. Anyways i look to changing my tyres once they cross 50-55 k kms. Three years past they have also become hard and with constant highway runs i dont want to take the risk, what with the rains lurking just around the corner, safety is more imperative to me.

My brief was simple, i wanted ATs, didnt want to upsize, wanted really really low noise tyres (as ATs can be really noisy and hence irritating), wanted a good tread so that the contact patch is good even on the highways and that would result better braking.

Wanted BF Goodrich very badly but somehow no one seems to have it. Looked at Wranglers, Duellers, Silverstones, Maxxis, Continental, Michelins .... finally with inputs from those who already had these tyres and finally zeroed down on Michelin Lattitude Cross. Will be changing from OE Dunlops tomorrow and will post my findings.

PS. Just for your information the OE Dunlops mention AT but they are not all terrain.
Hi V-16, Did you change your tyres to Michelin Latitude Cross? Any feed back on them? I need to change the tyres for my Fortuner and am looking at Michellin Latitude as well. Thanks for inputs in advance!
Old 31st July 2015, 20:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Yes in fact two of us did. We did change to the Latitude Cross Michelins A/Ts. and we love the ride. I dont find any compromise on braking and road holding and the best part is there is almost negligible noise.

Absolutely recommended!!
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 02:24   #42
BHPian

Thanks V16! That is very helpful. I shall go in for Michellins as well then.
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:17   #43

Hi Friends.

This would be my first post on Team BHP. I have been following threads here for over 3 years now.

I have recently managed to buy a Well Maintained Fortuner 4x4 MT 2010, the previous owner has maintained it well with a thorough service history.

The monster has run almost 72000 kms and there is still some rubber left on two of the tyres but I need to replace 3 tyres immediately. After a brief market survey i have come across a few options -

1. DUNLOP AT20 Made in Thailand for approx 13000 a piece without Warranty. Toyota Authorized workshops are selling the same for 22-23k a piece. Though I think they would be selling Made in Japan ones.
2. Bridgestone for approx 11000 a piece
3. Apollo Hawkz AT for approx 7000 a piece.
4. Michelin is approx 14-15k a piece, however i am not considering it as an option after reading about its weak side wall issues.

Apollo Hawkz come at a Jaw dropping price. Apollo is OEM for Scorpio and there are some good reviews posted by Scorpio users. However need your advice on the same. At the cost of two Dunlop tyres I can replace all four if i choose Apollo.

Advice?

Last edited by shantanu84 : 3rd August 2015 at 20:44. Reason: Typing error
Old 10th August 2015, 21:53   #44
BHPian

Done 61000 on the Pajero Sport. Used the stock Apollo Hawkz AT. Thinking of changing them now.
The Apollos have been very good so far with hardly any punctures and have gone through a lot of offroad ABUSE.

Confused between Bridgestone and Michelin Latitude cross. Need AT only.

Please advise. How's the tyre life of the michelins and whether they are worth the extra money.
If nothing else then should i repeat the apollos (dont want to though)

Thanks.
Old 10th April 2016, 13:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yes in fact two of us did. We did change to the Latitude Cross Michelins A/Ts. and we love the ride. I dont find any compromise on braking and road holding and the best part is there is almost negligible noise.

Absolutely recommended!!
My fortuner is now 4+ years old and at around 50K, so I am about to replace the OEM Dunlops. I narrowed the choices down to the Michelin Lattitude Cross XL, but have found it very hard to get them in Bangalore. I have been waiting for the last 5 months for them to be available and the local dealer (Tyre Empire) has been unable to get them until yesterday when they offered me a set manufactured in week 42 of 2015 (about 7 months old).

I am wondering if others have seen problems getting Michelin Lattitude tires and whether there 7 months on the shelves have any impact on the life of the tyre. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks